Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 430 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 316 366 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Terry Musser is on a distinguished road

After all these years, I finally finished Book VII today. I started 22 years ago. I think I did not want the series to end and so I managed to put off the last book for quite a while. Once I started, I just could not stop. Just like all the other books, one by one.

So many thoughts now about the story and characters and how it has interwoven into my life. Each book of this series comes with real life memories attached to them. Where I was, what I was doing, who I was with. It's been quite a journey.

I don't exactly know why, but I love Roland and his Ka-Tet. I often look at the world through his eyes. I guess his story is over now, but he will always be a part of my life.

Felix
    aka Terry

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Book of the month club in 1989, 2nd book

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland

What is your favorite book?
    Drawing of The Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Salt Lake City, UT

do you have a nickname?
    Felix

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

Long time King fan, finally got around to reading it.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland. He is honorable and strong and caring--all the best traits of a man.

Drawing Of The Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Roseburg, OR. It's about 200 miles south of Portland.

do you have a nickname?

Not really...

Welcome fellow Oregonian,
    Hope you like it here, it's a pretty good site.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't been here in a while,
    Wanted to say welcome to all:
    tyler hart 47
    Oy!Oy!
    Jeniclay
    Nano87
    Fabled
    Dbrooks888
    Terry Musser

See ya inside

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Traveler Kylefornacation is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Everyone. I happened to stumble upon this website a few days ago as I googled something for my work. I read through a few posts and decided this was something I wanted to be a part of. I started the series in June of 2008 and finished around Christmas of 2008. Im a long time King fan that has had a hard time reading anything else and not wanting to go back and read the series again, regardless of who the auther is. So with that said. I just finished book 1 for my re-read, and have already picked up on things that i had missed the first read through.
    I hope to enjoy these forums and have some good discussions with everyone here.

The first 3 books were bought for me back in high school by my mom. I tryed reading Book 1 but only got through the first 10 pages and was un interested in reading further. Then one day i completly ran out of books to read and picked it up and never put the series down.

Allgood for sure. then Oy and jake a close second.

Waist Lands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Bakersfield, CA

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Kylefornacation.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All New Members!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler LSLarry is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower? A friend recommended it to me.

Who is your favorite charcter? Hard to say - Roland/Eddie Dean

What is your favorite book? The Drawing of the Three

How old are you? Old enough.

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site.

Traveler Joe Strik is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

I was talking to some mates of mine over the internet and asked about some good books I could read so they recommended the Dark tower series. Here I am, around 8 months later, finnaly finished the series.

I would have to say Oy. When I found out that he died I felt the most sad, that and I think hes great

I would have to say Wizard and the Glass. It was interesting to find out about Rolands past.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Originally from Lithuania, but I now live in Ireland.

do you have a nickname?
    Joe, because people can't pronounce my real name XD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sveiki atvyke!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Strik View Post
    do you have a nickname?
    Joe, because people can't pronounce my real name XD
    I bet bears can...

John F. Kennedy grobblewobble will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Innocent

> How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    A friend borrowed me a copy of the first book and told me it was the best of SK.

> Who is your favorite charcter?
    Eddie.

> What is your favorite book?
    So far I like part five best, but I have yet to read 6 & 7.

> How old are you?
    Too old.

> Where are you from?
    Holland

> do you have a nickname?
    Grobblewobble

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    > How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    A friend borrowed me a copy of the first book and told me it was the best of SK.

> Who is your favorite charcter?
    Eddie.

> What is your favorite book?
    So far I like part five best, but I have yet to read 6 & 7.

> How old are you?
    Too old.

> Where are you from?
    Holland

> do you have a nickname?
    Grobblewobble
    Welcome to the forum!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    So far I like part five best

John F. Kennedy grobblewobble will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Innocent

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Thoughts on the upcoming film adaptations:

To be honest, I'm kind of nervous about it. I haven't heard or looked up too many details on the casting or locations but I'm a bit concerned all the same. Is it fair to say that I don't want them to screw it up? When you really love a book, especially something as epic as this series, its hard to watch it get slandered on the big screen. And let's face it, most directors have generally failed in capturing the real underlining themes and feelings in Stephen King's novels.
    There is going to be a film? How exciting! But yes, let's hope they get it right..

Gunslinger Apprentice John_Kenton is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,
    just to say hello to all of you... long days and pleasant nights! Been an avid King reader for 21 years now... and counting.
    First book: Night Shift. Favourite books: The Plant, 'Salem's Lot and Lisey's Story. DTII got me hooked to the series... was the first DT book I read (which is probably just as well...)
    Other favourite authors: David Mitchell, James Joyce, Ian Rankin, Robert Bloch, Algernon Blackwood
    8)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site all new members!!!! Have a look around and post often!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler JudCrandall is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

After lurking for some time, I finally joined....Avid King fan since I bought the pb of Pet Sematary in high school. Followed that with It and have been hopelessly addicted ever since.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Bought the Plume pb edition when I saw a display in a now out of business bookstore. Needless to say I patiently, or not so patiently, awaited the following installments.

Who is your favorite charcter? Has to be Roland.

What is your favorite book? Toss up between Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass.

How old are you? 42

Where are you from? Greensboro, NC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the latest,
    Judcrandall, John_Kenton, LSLarry & Grobblewobbble

Traveler AmyH is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did I discover the Dark Tower? I read Pet Semetary at age 11 in the early 80`s- thanks to my friend Cheryl for loaning me her copy. I have a tendency to wander in bookstores and I saw the gunslinger on the shelf and picked it up, read the first chapter before I made it to the check out.

Favorite character? Roland & Jake.

Favorite book? Still The Gunslinger

Where am I from? originally Michigan, for the past 11 years New Mexico

I was surfing the net looking for inspiration for my next tattoo (I want a Dark Tower theme) and came across this site, can't wait to explore it!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AmyH View Post
    How did I discover the Dark Tower? I read Pet Semetary at age 11 in the early 80`s- thanks to my friend Cheryl for loaning me her copy. I have a tendency to wander in bookstores and I saw the gunslinger on the shelf and picked it up, read the first chapter before I made it to the check out.

Favorite character? Roland & Jake.

Favorite book? Still The Gunslinger

Where am I from? originally Michigan, for the past 11 years New Mexico

I was surfing the net looking for inspiration for my next tattoo (I want a Dark Tower theme) and came across this site, can't wait to explore it!
    Welcome AmyH,
    Good luck w/the Tatt.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 430 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 316 366 ... LastLast