Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 430 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler The Talisman is on a distinguished road The Talisman's Avatar

My Mood
    Hungover

Hi all, nice site.

I've made a couple of posts in DT movie tread, but I'm as of yet to introduce myself.

I read my first King book in the mid 90's; I struck gold; I picked up a copy of The Stand Uncut from my uncles bookshelf.

My favourite king books are:

The Talisman [duh!]
    The Stand
    Needful Things
    IT
    Insomnia

And of course, Sai King's magnum opus, The Dark Tower.

I've not read a great deal of his short stories to date, but The Long Walk, Rita Heyworth.......
    and Willa stand out as personal favourites.

I look forward to exploring the site further.

JP.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, JP!

The Mist is a great short(er) story if you haven't read it.

My Mood
    Hungover

Thank you.

Good day sir.
    Last edited by The Talisman; 06-14-2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Typo.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Roland's the one.
    and only

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome The Talisman!
    In Digitized Remorse

My Mood
    Hungover

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    Welcome The Talisman!
    Thank you kind sir.

Traveler Wheel_of_Ka is on a distinguished road Wheel_of_Ka's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello. My name is Mike, and I'm an addict. I came to this forum because I love talking about The Dark Tower, but I don't want to talk about the upcoming films with the elitist fanboys at imdb.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? When I was about 20, a friend of mine gave me a copy of the gunslinger, and it took me a while to get into it. By the time I was finished, I was dying for more. I read books II through IV in about a month, just in time for the release of Wolves of the Calla. Since then, I've read almost every Dark Tower related book. Personally, I'm excited about the movies and tv series because I'm a hopeless optimist. I realize the film adaptations won't be perfect - there will be mistakes, but all I ask is that they don't royally &%$# it up.

Who is your favorite charcter? Tough question. Roland would be the obvious choice, but I always love bad guys. I've always been fascinated with magic in fantasy stories, from Gandalf, Fizban and Rincewind all the way to characters like John Constantine and the Jedi. If I had to pick one character, it would be Walter O'Dim.

What is your favorite book? Another tough call. If I had to choose one, it would be The Dark Tower simply for the ending. But as an entire piece of work from start to finish, Wolves of the Calla would be my favorite because of its obvious similarities to stories like Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven.

How old are you? I'm 28.

Where are you from? Originally, I'm from Detroit, MI (Go Red Wings!!!!) - but I've lived in Tucson, AZ for the past 10 years, and it's more of a home to me than anywhere else.

do you have a nickname? Just call me Mike.

Thoughts on the upcoming film adaptations: I think Bardem is a good choice. He's a little stocky, but I think he can slim down for the role. If I was given the choice of choosing someone who can act the part or choosing someone who looks the part, I'd choose someone who can act the role. Playing Roland on film is a difficult task, and I'd rather see someone who can actually fulfill all the subtle nuances of his personality and history instead of finding someone who just looks like an Eastwood clone.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Mike ! Feel free to peruse the threads and let myself or any of the staff know if you have any questions.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Mike!
    In Digitized Remorse

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hello, my name is Keke! DT is a fantastic series!

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Keke!
    In Digitized Remorse

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hello and a most hearty welcome to all newcomers , It's so nice to make your aquaintence.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Matterly is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

When I was in sixth grade, my grandparents bought me a set of The Dark Tower books, excluding Song of Susannah and the last book. Even though I was about 11-12 years old, I took an instant liking to the series and eventually bought and finished the last two books.

Who is your favorite character?

Ooh, that one's a toughie. Well, I can't exactly choose one character. So I am simply going to say that I liked each and every one of the characters, even the ones who pissed me off.

What is your favorite book?

Well, when it comes down to the series itself, my favorite book has to be The Dark Tower, the final installment. It's one of the most amazing book finales I've ever read.

How old are you?

I'm currently eighteen. I really do hope I'm not the youngest member here.

Where are you from?

I've lived in Cape Coral, Florida my entire life.

Do you have a nickname?

Matthias.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Matterly.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome...and remain to get to know us.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Matterly! I'm sure you are not the sole 18 year old posting on this site, I began posting (on .net) when I was 13 and also began the series at 12!

I started an age thread you might want to check out (and contribute to) if you like. But again welcome and happy posting
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Traveler Matterly is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much. I'll be sure to contribute to that thread very soon!

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Matterly!
    In Digitized Remorse

Traveler RyanChunn is on a distinguished road

Well I am so Glad to find a place like this I've read the books 2 times now even tried to get all my friends to read them so I would have someone to talk about them with but to no avail. The Journey seems to epic for them. I guess they just don't understand that it's the greatest story ever told. I'm excited to be able to talk about it here with all of you.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

RyanChunn, welcome to the site. Once you have 5 legitimate posts you should be able to see additional cool threads and features.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_of_Ka View Post
    Hello. My name is Mike, and I'm an addict. I came to this forum because I love talking about The Dark Tower, but I don't want to talk about the upcoming films with the elitist fanboys at imdb.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? When I was about 20, a friend of mine gave me a copy of the gunslinger, and it took me a while to get into it. By the time I was finished, I was dying for more. I read books II through IV in about a month, just in time for the release of Wolves of the Calla. Since then, I've read almost every Dark Tower related book. Personally, I'm excited about the movies and tv series because I'm a hopeless optimist. I realize the film adaptations won't be perfect - there will be mistakes, but all I ask is that they don't royally &%$# it up.

Who is your favorite charcter? Tough question. Roland would be the obvious choice, but I always love bad guys. I've always been fascinated with magic in fantasy stories, from Gandalf, Fizban and Rincewind all the way to characters like John Constantine and the Jedi. If I had to pick one character, it would be Walter O'Dim.

What is your favorite book? Another tough call. If I had to choose one, it would be The Dark Tower simply for the ending. But as an entire piece of work from start to finish, Wolves of the Calla would be my favorite because of its obvious similarities to stories like Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven.

How old are you? I'm 28.

Where are you from? Originally, I'm from Detroit, MI (Go Red Wings!!!!) - but I've lived in Tucson, AZ for the past 10 years, and it's more of a home to me than anywhere else.

do you have a nickname? Just call me Mike.

Thoughts on the upcoming film adaptations: I think Bardem is a good choice. He's a little stocky, but I think he can slim down for the role. If I was given the choice of choosing someone who can act the part or choosing someone who looks the part, I'd choose someone who can act the role. Playing Roland on film is a difficult task, and I'd rather see someone who can actually fulfill all the subtle nuances of his personality and history instead of finding someone who just looks like an Eastwood clone.
    Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RyanChunn View Post
    Well I am so Glad to find a place like this I've read the books 2 times now even tried to get all my friends to read them so I would have someone to talk about them with but to no avail. The Journey seems to epic for them. I guess they just don't understand that it's the greatest story ever told. I'm excited to be able to talk about it here with all of you.
    I hear you on that one. Luckily, my neighbor got me into them (and read to WotC while we were still good friends) so I had him to discuss it with but I've also asked numerous friends/family and most ask how many books it is then say no. That's why this site is awesome, welcome!
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Ray!

Ya know. I get that a lot. Folks won't read the series once they hear it is 7 books. I find that odd. Do they have a limit on the number of books they can read in their life and are 6 away from that limit??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 430 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 ... LastLast