Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic & Foreign Films

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    For my arthouse film crowd :

Dogtooth (2009)

It's a very procative and very disturbing Greek film. Read the premise, I promise you'll want to check it out asafp.
    Didn't really notice this recommendation until today. In the Netflix queue--near the top! (Though I don't get as many films in during baseball season.)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite foreign films of the past decade, dive. Let me know what you think as soon as you watch it !

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I actually did buy Dogtooth yesterday feev, but haven't watched it yet. I'll let you know when I get round to watching it, though.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This film is making a lot of noise amongst art house crowds. Has anyone heard of it / seen it / plan on seeing it ?

Take Shelter.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just watched the trailer, looks really good! Is it in theaters now?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure ... the European release date was November 11th, and when I look at showtimes for L.A only one theater comes up ... that's either because it's been in theaters for a while, or it's about to become a wide release. Either way, I really want to see it.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Think one of the biggest surprise successes was ´The Artist´.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Artist_%28film%29

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

This film is making a lot of noise amongst art house crowds. Has anyone heard of it / seen it / plan on seeing it ?

Take Shelter.
    Uh, but that's a new, American movie... Why here?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Think one of the biggest surprise successes was ´The Artist´.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Artist_%28film%29
    I'm really keen on checking that out. Looks to be really refreshingly different.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Take shelter is.one I really want to.see.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the mood for some Alfred Hitchcock films.

I've seen Vertigo, North by Northwest, The Birds, Rear Window and Psycho. What's his next best after these ?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Rebecca!!!! My favorite film of his. And one of my favorite films ever. And if I remember correctly this was one of the three I gave you to watch years ago!
    I'd also highly recommend Strangers on a Train.
    And after those some of my other favorites are Shadow of a Doubt, Suspicion, Saboteur, Lifeboat, and Dial M for Murder.

Also out of the ones you've seen (with the exception of Rear Window), I personally would never rank those as my favorites. They're really good, but he's got far better films.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what Heather said, and also Spellbound!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll follow your suggestion(s), Heather !

I like the more sinister elements of his films, to be honest. Vertigo and Rear Window were pretty much cinematic perfection for me. Do your recommendations share the same vein ?

Definitely Strangers on a Train! Just wait till you see some of the shots in that film. And Rebecca is just a beautiful film to watch. All the ones I recommended definitely have a darker side to them. I really think you'll enjoy them. Let me know when you watch them!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Definitely Strangers on a Train! Just wait till you see some of the shots in that film.
    hear, hear

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

ROPE 1948 This film was shoot with no cuts between reel changes.

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN 1951 2 VERSIONS.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

A bad Hitchcock movie is better than most other movies. One can never go wrong with any of them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely Strangers on a Train! Just wait till you see some of the shots in that film. And Rebecca is just a beautiful film to watch. All the ones I recommended definitely have a darker side to them. I really think you'll enjoy them. Let me know when you watch them!
    Will scope out Rebecca first, then Strangers on a Train.

Will scope out Rebecca first, then Strangers on a Train.
    I am so, so, sooooo excited for you to watch them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast