Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic & Foreign Films

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Heather ???

I saw that you watched Gaslight?

Your thoughts?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Has anyone else heard of Alejandro Gonzales Iñarritu's newest film, Biutiful ? It's garnering rave reviews across various intraweb venues, and is apparently a strong contender for the Foreign Film of the Year crown.

Here's the IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1164999/
    That would be nice, but really we all know no foreign film has made it until there is an American remake.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Heather ???

I saw that you watched Gaslight?

Your thoughts?!?
    yes, yes, please!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

<-- Loved Gaslight.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ditto

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    That would be nice, but really we all know no foreign film has made it until there is an American remake.

Of course, how naive of me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alejandro González Iñárritu‘s ‘Biutiful’ Opens Wide on January 28
    Posted on Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 by Germain Lussier

The holiday season release date shuffle continues. First Gulliver’s Travels was moved, then Blue Valentine, and next is the Golden Globe nominated Best Foreign Language film Biutiful, written and directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu and starring Javier Bardem. Originally scheduled for limited release December 29, it’ll now bow on January 28, right after the Oscar nominations are announced. (EDIT: The limited release date remains the same, so if you’re in LA/NYC you can see the film this month. Everyone else gets the movie in January.) Bardem won best actor at Cannes this year and the film is the Mexican entry for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars.

And here’s the official plot description.

Biutiful is a love story between a father and his children. This is the journey of Uxbal, a conflicted man who struggles to reconcile fatherhood, love, spirituality, crime, guilt and mortality amidst the dangerous underworld of modern Barcelona. His livelihood is earned out of bounds, his sacrifices for his children know no bounds. Like life itself, this is a circular tale that ends where it begins. As fate encircles him and thresholds are crossed, a dim, redemptive road brightens, illuminating the inheritances bestowed from father to child, and the paternal guiding hand that navigates life’s corridors, whether bright, bad – or biutiful.

Source.

I can't wait to watch this.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Me neither. The trailer blew me away.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I got some classics to watch but have mostly been rewatching movies lately. Got Five Easy Pieces, Chinatown, The Passenger, Shane and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just found this thread:

My fav. classic Movies:

The Wizard of Oz
    Citizen Kane
    It's a Wonderful Life
    The Man Who Knew Too Much
    The Ladykillers

My fav. foreign Movies: (NOT US)

M: A Town Is Looking for a Murderer
    Malpertuis
    Seven Samurai
    Ran
    It Happened In Broad Daylight
    La Strada

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Got lent All About Eve. Will get to it in a few weeks I'm sure.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i LOVE old movies & Mickey Rooney is my favorite actor of all time. though from what i've read about the guy he isn't always the nicest guy in the world. but he's still a great actor when he's got the right director. & the right script. i've seen him do films where his performances are lousy.

case in point on how good is he is. has anyone seen his 'Boys Town' films? those are classic films that they don't make em like that anymore unfortunally. i'm not really a big fan of foreign films to be honest. i see them every once in awhile but only if someone i like is in it to be honest.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

For my arthouse film crowd :

Dogtooth (2009)

It's a very procative and very disturbing Greek film. Read the premise, I promise you'll want to check it out asafp.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, bears think they might want to have a look

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes, bears think they might want to have a look
    as do Heathers
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, normally, as far as movies are concerned, bears and Heather stick together.

Country
    Country Flag

a very, very good movie indeed. I think it's time to watch it once again, it gets better with time. I mean, now I won't be so bored with the compulsory post-Trier post-Haneke genitals close ups, and some other things directly inherited and/or borrowed and will be able to concentrate on what is unique. Wish I spoke, or at least understood, Greek; but one good movie isn't a good reason to learn another language. Maybe if he makes a couple more...

Country
    Country Flag

has anyone else watched Dogtooth by now?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I fucking adore that film. I want to watch it again now.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Been meaning to watch that for a while now, ever since I started hearing such great things about it on here. Saw it cheap in the shop earlier today. Hmmm. May get it later on in the week.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Been meaning to watch that for a while now, ever since I started hearing such great things about it on here. Saw it cheap in the shop earlier today. Hmmm. May get it later on in the week.
    any updates?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not yet, I'm afraid. Instead, I bought a box set of shows by satire legend Armando Iannucci (and bears should know how much I love my satire by now) and spent the weekend laughing my arse off at backstabbing politicians and (borderline) ridiculous news reports. I'll keep you posted when I do get round to watching it, though.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

don't procrastinate (it's what bears love doing, have to say), I hope you'll like it... In any case, it is twisted, insane, beautifully made, very intelligent and very European.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've heard nothing but great things about it on this board, so it has been something I've wanted to check out. I just only remember about it when I read about it on this board after I've been to the shops! I've got a little money to spend and a little extra time to kill now that i've finished college for a month or so, so I may even get round to buying it today. I'll also have a good look round for any other dvds that I should've watched by now!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast