Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3072

Thread: This-Is-Movie Triviaaaaaaaa!!!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

S. D. THE SECRET OF NIMH
    D.F. CORALINE
    C.B. HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2
    T.A TOY STORY

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Not sure who K.S. might be (Keifer Sutherland?) but that's not the correct direction.

To the S.D., I'll add D.F.

That's two of the four. Figure those out, and then the other two. Then take a look at the four and find the commonality. The commonality is NOT one particular person or show/movie. Strictly speaking, my response in post 2778 is an important clue, but for a reason other than what you apparently have assumed.

Also,

Spoiler:
    my answer in this post contains a hidden clue.
    So...
    S.D. = Shannon Doherty
    D.F. = Dakota Fanning

They've all done voice acting for an animated TV show or movie?
    You are getting there, but I need the other two people from the initial post and more specificity regarding the voice acting.
    Shia LaBeouf did some voice work in Surf's Up.

Tim Allen was Buzz in Toy Story and JTT was Simba in Lion King.

I was going to say they all did voice work in a Disney movie but the only thing Shannon Doherty has done is Secret of Nimh.

Hmmm...
    You are now very very close; enough to consider Iwritecode having come up with the correct answer!

from The War of the Worlds: Dakota Fanning
    from Beverly Hills 90210: Shannen Doherty
    from The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Shia LaBeouf
    from Home Improvement: JTT (aka Jonathan Taylor Thomas)

All teen idols or young actors of note.

It's not so much that each did voice work, but that their first (or almost first) acting credit was voice work, way before becoming famous.

Dakota Fanning's first Hollywood credit was voice work for My Neighbor Totoro
    Jonathan Taylor Thomas' first Hollywood credit was voice work for The Adventures of Spot
    Shia LaBeouf's first Hollywood credit was voice work for Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
    Shannen Doherty's (almost) first Hollywood credit was voice work for The Secret of NIMH

It's very common for actors to lend their voices for various things, but rare for a young child to do voice work and then become a famous (or at least noted) film/TV star.

(My "secret clue" was to start off a sentence usign the phrase "strictly speaking" ... which was your clue that the connecting factor was for speaking credit [voice work], not actually acting)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It vaguely crossed my mind that they were all pretty young when they did the voice work but I didn't think to actually mention it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I knew the answer, but didn't want to show you guys up. LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

YES Iwritecode BROKE THE CODE.

If it wasn't for Shannen Doherty's The Secret of NIMH... We could of had a 3D voice over answer.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dare I bump this? I am sure I will be clueless on the next question too.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Oh yea, it's my turn... I'll try to come up with something by tomorrow.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

In The Lion King, something happened for the very first time in a Disney movie. What was it?

There may be more than one first but I'm looking for particular one.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In The Lion King, something happened for the very first time in a Disney movie. What was it?

It was the first time a Disney animated film had no human characters in it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

It was the first time a Disney animated film had no human characters in it.
    That may be true but not the answer I'm looking for.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was the first time a Disney animated film featured a character with flatulence (Pumbaa). LOL!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking it was the first Disney movie to be later produced for Broadway, but it was not. It was the second (after Beauty and the Beast).

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

First Disney film not based on an existing property/ folklore/ characters!

It was the first time a Disney animated film featured a character with flatulence (Pumbaa). LOL!
    You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    First Disney film not based on an existing property/ folklore/ characters!
    This was the other "first" I was thinking someone might bring up. I tried to word the question as something happening IN the movie rather than something about the movie though.

24 HOUR POP QUIZ
    WHO IS THIS MAN?

ANSWER
    BOB SIMMONS
    Spoiler:
    AKA Sean Connery's stunt double (DR NO)

The FEATHER is still in T-Dogz_AK47s corner.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry guys, I have been travelling around the country attending Rugby World Cup matches and completely forgot about this thread....

I am currently in Newcastle for the next 3 days, whilst I attend the All Blacks vs Tonga match. I have very limited Internet signal here, so I won't be able to visit this site much until I return home....

In order not to delay things further for you guys, I will relinquish the feather and pass it to the first person who posts on this thread and takes it from me....

Once again, please accept my apologies for causing such a delay. It was never my intention to do so....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, since nobody took up the feather, I will do so now since I'll probably never get the chance otherwise LOL!

In the Bond franchise there have been at least 6 actors or actresses that have appeared in more then one bond movie as a different character. Name at least 3 of them.

Actually I'll accept just the name of the movies they where in, and the name or description of the role they played.

Mike
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Spoiler:
    Actually I think you will find that there are 38.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Spoiler:
    Wow, I figured there were probably some I didn't know about. (thats why I said "at least"). Looking back, I do see I forgot about 1, but that still leaves 31 I am not aware of. For the record I am not referring to extra's. All 7 of the actors I am thinking about play 2 different "named" characters. I think all of them have lines for both parts (I need to double check two of them for one of the roles).

Look forward to finding out about the other 31.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Wow, I figured there were probably some I didn't know about. (thats why I said "at least"). Looking back, I do see I forgot about 1, but that still leaves 31 I am not aware of. For the record I am not referring to extra's. All 7 of the actors I am thinking about play 2 different "named" characters. I think all of them have lines for both parts (I need to double check two of them for one of the roles).

Not counting extras (for instance, Micheal G. Wilson has uncredited appearances in 16 Bond movies) There are actually only 8 actors/actresses who have played different characters throughout the Bond series so far....

1. Anthony Dawson

Played Professor Dent in Dr No (1962) and also plays the physical appearance of Ernst Stavro Blofeld in both From Russia With Love (1963) and Thunderball (1965).

2. Walter Gotell

Played SPECTRE henchman, Morzeny in From Russia With Love (1963) and was later cast as returning character, General Gogol in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977), Moonraker (1979), For Your Eyes Only (1981), Octopussy (1983), A View to a Kill (1985) and The Living Daylights (1987).

3. Martine Beswick

Played gypsy girl Zora in the famous catfight scene in From Russia With Love (1963) and also played Paula Kaplan in Thunderball (1965).

4. Tsai Chin

Played the pre-title assassin, Ling who "kills" James Bond in You Only Live Twice (1967) and was later cast as Madame Wu in Casino Royale (2006).

5. Charles Gray

Played the British contact, Henderson in You Only Live Twice (1967) and also played Ernst Stavro Blofeld in Diamonds are Forever (1971).

6. Marc Lawrence

Played one of the Slumber Inc. attendants in Diamonds are Forever (1971) and the American gangster, Rodney who attempts a shootout with Scaramanga in Man with the Golden Gun (1974).

7 Maud Adams

Played Scaramanga's girlfriend, Andrea Anders in Man with the Golden Gun (1974) and also the character, Octopussy in Octopussy (1983).

8. Joe Don Baker

Played the main villain, Brad Whitaker in The Living Daylights (1987) and also played CIA agent, Jack Wade in Goldeneye (1995) and Tomorrow Never Dies (1997).

There is a possible ninth member to this list....

Robert Brown

Played Admiral Hargreaves in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) and was later cast as 'M' in Octopussy (1983), A View to a Kill (1985), The Living Daylights (1987) and Licence to Kill (1989).
    However, as Bernard Lee had died during filming For Your Eyes Only (1981), it is never explicitly mentioned on film whether Robert Brown's 'M' is a continuation of Bernard Lee's character or whether the character, Admiral Hargreaves was given the position.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ That's very impressive!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ^ That's very impressive!!!
    Thanks, Bill! I'm somewhat of a James Bond super fan, so I know the subject matter very well....

Nobody does it better.... LOL! LOL!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Spoiler:

Not counting extras (for instance, Micheal G. Wilson has uncredited appearances in 16 Bond movies) There are actually only 8 actors/actresses who have played different characters throughout the Bond series so far....

1. Anthony Dawson

Played Professor Dent in Dr No (1962) and also plays the physical appearance of Ernst Stavro Blofeld in both From Russia With Love (1963) and Thunderball (1965).

2. Walter Gotell

Played SPECTRE henchman, Morzeny in From Russia With Love (1963) and was later cast as returning character, General Gogol in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977), Moonraker (1979), For Your Eyes Only (1981), Octopussy (1983), A View to a Kill (1985) and The Living Daylights (1987).

3. Martine Beswick

Played gypsy girl Zora in the famous catfight scene in From Russia With Love (1963) and also played Paula Kaplan in Thunderball (1965).

4. Tsai Chin

Played the pre-title assassin, Ling who "kills" James Bond in You Only Live Twice (1967) and was later cast as Madame Wu in Casino Royale (2006).

5. Charles Gray

Played the British contact, Henderson in You Only Live Twice (1967) and also played Ernst Stavro Blofeld in Diamonds are Forever (1971).

6. Marc Lawrence

Played one of the Slumber Inc. attendants in Diamonds are Forever (1971) and the American gangster, Rodney who attempts a shootout with Scaramanga in Man with the Golden Gun (1974).

7 Maud Adams

Played Scaramanga's girlfriend, Andrea Anders in Man with the Golden Gun (1974) and also the character, Octopussy in Octopussy (1983).

8. Joe Don Baker

Played the main villain, Brad Whitaker in The Living Daylights (1987) and also played CIA agent, Jack Wade in Goldeneye (1995) and Tomorrow Never Dies (1997).

There is a possible ninth member to this list....

Robert Brown

Played Admiral Hargreaves in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) and was later cast as 'M' in Octopussy (1983), A View to a Kill (1985), The Living Daylights (1987) and Licence to Kill (1989).
    However, as Bernard Lee had died during filming For Your Eyes Only (1981), it is never explicitly mentioned on film whether Robert Brown's 'M' is a continuation of Bernard Lee's character or whether the character, Admiral Hargreaves was given the position.

For the record I did not know about #6 and forgot about possible #9. See this is why I had to borrow the feather, I can't even get my own questions right!
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast