Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 890 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 837 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    Perhaps because of this:

We’ve heard from a lot of collectors asking if Glenn Chadbourne will be illustrating a book in this set, but Glenn is actually contributing in a different way: he’s providing the B&W artwork for the Gift Edition Limitation Page and the two color paintings for the Artist Edition Signature Sheets for EVERY book in this set!

You can see now the artwork he’s provided for Carrie on the product page on the ARTWORK tab:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king09

We think having Glenn contribute the artwork for the limitation sheets in each book be a nice way to connect every book in the set together and Glenn is delivering some of his most chilling Stephen King artwork to date.
    Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

Cemetery Dance Publications
    I like what he did for the pages. Like it alot!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Perhaps because of this:

We’ve heard from a lot of collectors asking if Glenn Chadbourne will be illustrating a book in this set, but Glenn is actually contributing in a different way: he’s providing the B&W artwork for the Gift Edition Limitation Page and the two color paintings for the Artist Edition Signature Sheets for EVERY book in this set!

You can see now the artwork he’s provided for Carrie on the product page on the ARTWORK tab:

We think having Glenn contribute the artwork for the limitation sheets in each book be a nice way to connect every book in the set together and Glenn is delivering some of his most chilling Stephen King artwork to date.

I like what he did for the pages. Like it alot!
    I agree

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful work by Glenn Chadbourne on these signature sheets!

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

We know that some collectors are not fans of Glenn's artwork and will not be thrilled by this plan, but we also know that many of the collectors we hear from are fans of his work. To us, this seems like a nice, small touch to connect the books as a set and it grew out of a practical problem we needed to solve.

One of the artists can only supply a limited amount of artwork for his own personal reasons (he is basically coming out of retirement for this project, he said) and he balked at having artwork reused for the signature sheets. That would have meant using a different artist just for those signature sheets. So this felt like a nice solution to that problem because it meant all of the books will have a dedicated signature sheet artist while that one artist who can only provide a limited amount of artwork wouldn't be singled out in some way.

For those who are excited, thank you! We certainly share your excitement. For those who aren't as thrilled, hopefully you'll be pleased with some of the other special touches we haven't announced yet that will help connect the books as a set and provide a nice reminder of the historical nature of these books.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

This is just an observation, not a criticism.
    Seems to me like the piece for the lettered edition should be used in the PS lettered edition because the style perfectly matches the artwork posted on the PS website. I'm not complaining about it, I didn't order the lettered and I'm fine with the other two.

This is just an observation, not a criticism.
    Seems to me like the piece for the lettered edition should be used in the PS lettered edition because the style perfectly matches the artwork posted on the PS website. I'm not complaining about it, I didn't order the lettered and I'm fine with the other two.
    It'll definitely be very interesting to see what Pete has in store for his Lettered Edition! I can say that this piece of artwork works really well for our Lettered Edition, but that's because there are still design elements and production plans coming together that haven't been posted yet. So I'm kind of cheating a little because I can see more of the final product than we can post. But thank you for the feedback! It's always welcome.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah those are really, really nice.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We know that some collectors are not fans of Glenn's artwork and will not be thrilled by this plan, but we also know that many of the collectors we hear from are fans of his work. To us, this seems like a nice, small touch to connect the books as a set and it grew out of a practical problem we needed to solve.

One of the artists can only supply a limited amount of artwork for his own personal reasons (he is basically coming out of retirement for this project, he said) and he balked at having artwork reused for the signature sheets. That would have meant using a different artist just for those signature sheets. So this felt like a nice solution to that problem because it meant all of the books will have a dedicated signature sheet artist while that one artist who can only provide a limited amount of artwork wouldn't be singled out in some way.

For those who are excited, thank you! We certainly share your excitement. For those who aren't as thrilled, hopefully you'll be pleased with some of the other special touches we haven't announced yet that will help connect the books as a set and provide a nice reminder of the historical nature of these books.

Brian
    I fall into the camp of those that while appreciating Glenn's art for what it is, I'm reluctant to see it on another King collectible edition. Brian, I think this plan of having him tie together the series as a whole through the limitation pages is perfect! It provides a nice continuity, yet allows other authors to shine. Well done, guys.

It also makes me particularly happy and reinforces my confidence in my purchase of the numbered edition. I do so much more appreciate his color art!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I'm guessing (dangerous to do here) that some of the people who have expressed concerns as to Glenn being involved may not have a problem with this decision and particularly these pieces of art. Good thinking coming up with an option which may be accepted widely. I can understand your thought process and hope it works for you..

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Brian
    The art looks fantastic, especially the gift and artist editions.
    BTW, what is the target release date for the gift edition?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing the work from Glenn makes me change my mind a bit.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's nice artwork for sure Brian! Stellar job and great idea!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I perhaps was one of Glenn's harshest critics of late and looking at these signature sheets I can say, for the most part, I like what I see. What is clear to me in these three images is I like his color work much more than the B&W and I really don't like how he draws people. Inanimate objects are his friend.

I'm curious now whom you coaxed out of retirement. I was thinking maybe one of the old E.C. Comics artists but most if not all of them have passed on. Maybe Jack Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    BTW, what is the target release date for the gift edition?
    There is one last thing that must be finished before I can set a firm publication date, but our goal is for the Gift Edition and Limited Edition to ship together in September at the latest. I have to wait for the signature sheets, which are at the printer now, to arrive back here, then be shipped to Tomislav in Croatia, and then arrive back here safely again. We have had a lot of mailing problems to that part of the world, and sometimes even Express Mail International takes three weeks to show up, so... I'll have my fingers crossed here for a while!

Brian

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, sorry to bug you again but should I email the nice folks at PS Publishing about matching my numbers for all six books after I receive Carrie from them, or will they offer me the same number when each subsequent book is sent to them by you guys? It's just that I've never did the whole "matching numbers" thing before.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Brian, sorry to bug you again but should I email the nice folks at PS Publishing about matching my numbers for all six books after I receive Carrie from them, or will they offer me the same number when each subsequent book is sent to them by you guys? It's just that I've never did the whole "matching numbers" thing before. Thanks again!
    I actually don't recall if Pete just automatically keeps track of each customer's number and matches them automatically for sets, so let me ask him to find out for sure and then I can post the definitive correct answer!

Brian

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, sorry to bug you again but should I email the nice folks at PS Publishing about matching my numbers for all six books after I receive Carrie from them, or will they offer me the same number when each subsequent book is sent to them by you guys? It's just that I've never did the whole "matching numbers" thing before. Thanks again!
    I actually don't recall if Pete just automatically keeps track of each customer's number and matches them automatically for sets, so let me ask him to find out for sure and then I can post the definitive correct answer!

Brian
    That's great, Brian. Thank you!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps because of this:

Wow!!! That is some of Glens' best work yet!! I may have to reconsider this!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my Artist Edition of Carrie from PS. I'll have #1 to match the other five releases please thanks Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Good luck with THAT! I believe many of the 'low' numbers are already taken by what CD call 'LifeTimers' I was lucky with #14, I would expect #1 to be taken
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I believe somebody here scored #1 from PS in the current Anniversary series. I think maybe KingFan24, but I may be wrong on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post

T-Dogz_AK47 has #1 of Christine and Pet Sematary.

Not just for Christine and Pet Sematary.

In addition to having reserved #1 for the PS editions, I have also managed to reserve #1 for the CD Artist Editions.

Having that number means that I am definitely in it for the long haul with both the CD and PS editions.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    In addition to having reserved #1 for the PS editions, I have also managed to reserve #1 for the CD Artist Editions.
    Fun fact: #1 was a lifetimer from 1994 until last year, and you were the first person to ask if the number was available for this set. I think everyone else gave up asking years ago, so your timing was perfect!

Brian

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fun fact: #1 was a lifetimer from 1994 until last year, and you were the first person to ask if the number was available for this set. I think everyone else gave up asking years ago, so your timing was perfect!

Brian
    That is just TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Also loving the fact that Glenn Chadbourne is doing artwork for both the PS and CD editions of Carrie...

I have always said that Glenn's artwork is stunning and those pictures for the signature pages on CD's gift/artist/lettered editions just reinforces my belief even more!!! Fantastic artwork!!!

Nice one, Brian!!!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So question here. How important is the number in a limited set? I assume that some numbers have a personal collection but does the number add to the value of the edition? I assume that #1 is highly coveted but does #2 hold more value than #500 and so on?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Also loving the fact that Glenn Chadbourne is doing artwork for both the PS and CD editions of Carrie...

I have always said that Glenn's artwork is stunning and those pictures for the signature pages on CD's gift/artist/lettered editions just reinforces my belief even more!!! Fantastic artwork!!!

Nice one, Brian!!!

Yeah, Glen is just an amazing guy and a HUGE supporter of the Haven Fund. I am so glad that he is busy and putting oil in that tank!!! He is just one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and I feel privileged to be able to call him my "Virtual Friend"!!! Not to mention that those drawings are simply awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    So question here. How important is the number in a limited set? I assume that some numbers have a personal collection but does the number add to the value of the edition? I assume that #1 is highly coveted but does #2 hold more value than #500 and so on?
    That was a question that was raised over at the CD forum a few years back. Several people responded by saying that the actual value of the book is the same regardless of the number, but lower numbers are more desirable, so people may be willing to pay a premium for them.

In some circumstances though, a higher number will be more desirable to a collector than a lower number. A very good example of this would be The Shining, where #217 is the absolute premium number to reserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 890 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 837 ... LastLast