Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 329 of 890 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 379 429 829 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 22247

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    For those on the other side of the pond.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/carrie...ing-2127-p.asp
    PS Publishing just add the shipping cost onto the book cost. The price works out the same as buying it from CD.
    Well that's disappointing for you guys.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It would be cool to have the artist ones have a small remargue in each... and a large one in the lettered. I asked Brian and that (at this time) is not possible. I even offered more money as I thought a matching artist remarqued set would be VERY cool even without King signing the books. I would jump on that. I live in Canada and these books will cost me over $1800 (AND that is if my dollar stays the same as now and not get any worse). I am sorry but as much as I LOVE CD'd stuff... this alas I will not have. If in the future I see a matching set (the only way I feel these 6 books would have close to their retail value) I may go for it if pricing is really good.... for now... I will continue my hunt for completed set of S/L's.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It would be cool to have the artist ones have a small remargue in each... and a large one in the lettered. I asked Brian and that (at this time) is not possible.
    At least probably not with every cover artist, no. Tomislav lives in Croatia and the logistics of shipping him books and getting them back safely are... difficult and not guaranteed. We talked about doing special sheets like we did with Vinny, but the schedule is pretty tight. He'd need to be able to do them, and do them well, and get them back to us by June 1st. It'll take until the end April to get the sheets to him. We'll see.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    I still strongly suggest that CD stick with one artist for each novel- and that includes the covers. I really dislike that disjointed feeling when the interior art is a whole different vibe than the cover.

Ron
    I agree; continuity is important.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Rick Berry illustrate 'Salem's Lot if done in the style he used for Black House. Of the six books included in the series, SL generates the most mood and atmosphere and I think Berry's style would reflect on that very well. The part opener titles: The Marsten House, The Emperor Of Ice Cream (poem about death),and The Deserted Village provide an opportunity for creating overarching images that mirror the mood and theme of the story and, in my opinion, could be much more interesting than depiction of specific scenes.

The approval slipcase for the Smoke & Mirrors Limited Edition arrived this week:

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Who actually owns Dead Zone rights? Stu explained alot on the tour but I can't remember.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Do you mean the book? Presumably Penguin / Viking still does, but it depends upon the terms of the contract. Whenever the rights to a book have lapsed (the Doubleday books, for example), they've gone over to Scribner's paperback imprint.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Looks like Penguin, as the kindle edition is listed as being sold by them.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I still strongly suggest that CD stick with one artist for each novel- and that includes the covers. I really dislike that disjointed feeling when the interior art is a whole different vibe than the cover.

Ron
    I wouldn't mind seeing Rick Berry illustrate 'Salem's Lot if done in the style he used for Black House. Of the six books included in the series, SL generates the most mood and atmosphere and I think Berry's style would reflect on that very well. The part opener titles: The Marsten House, The Emperor Of Ice Cream (poem about death),and The Deserted Village provide an opportunity for creating overarching images that mirror the mood and theme of the story and, in my opinion, could be much more interesting than depiction of specific scenes.
    Nicely stated, Ben. I would love Rick Berry, as well! Adding to your point about quality overarching images, and I think this can't be overstated- I would MUCH rather see fewer pieces of a higher quality, than an overabundance of so-so art. It looks like they are getting out of the gate just fine, with one quality artist (Tikulin) handling the cover and 6 interiors. I hope they continue in this manner. I also appreciate smaller "devices", placed with consideration throughout the book (Subpress' The Shining is an excellent example), but only if it works with the mood of the story, and doesn't present a distraction. That's where you need a really good art director to make that call, I guess.

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ron
    Nicely stated, Ben. I would love Rick Berry, as well! Adding to your point about quality overarching images, and I think this can't be overstated- I would MUCH rather see fewer pieces of a higher quality, than an overabundance of so-so art. It looks like they are getting out of the gate just fine, with one quality artist (Tikulin) handling the cover and 6 interiors. I hope they continue in this manner. I also appreciate smaller "devices", placed with consideration throughout the book (Subpress' The Shinning is an excellent example), but only if it works with the mood of the story, and doesn't present a distraction. That's where you need a really good art director to make that call, I guess.
    I agree! Often it is better for the artist, too, when there are fewer, but more carefully-considered illustrations in a book. This gives the artist the opportunity to polish each illustration and--if possible--collaborate with designer and author(s) to put out an overall better product.
    Last edited by ESW; 04-09-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Clarification

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Ron
    Nicely stated, Ben. I would love Rick Berry, as well! Adding to your point about quality overarching images, and I think this can't be overstated- I would MUCH rather see fewer pieces of a higher quality, than an overabundance of so-so art. It looks like they are getting out of the gate just fine, with one quality artist (Tikulin) handling the cover and 6 interiors. I hope they continue in this manner. I also appreciate smaller "devices", placed with consideration throughout the book (Subpress' The Shining is an excellent example), but only if it works with the mood of the story, and doesn't present a distraction. That's where you need a really good art director to make that call, I guess.
    Images for the three part openers, the Epilogue and title page would be a good number for 'Salem's Lot. A wrap around cover image tying the Marsten House and the town together is a must.

A wrap around cover image tying the Marsten House and the town together is a must.
    Stop reading my mind!!

Brian

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, any chance of getting Caniglia or Keith Minnion for any of these books? Or the guy who painted The Anubis Gates for Centipede. Those paintings are out of this world.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will The Stand still have the Wrightson illustrations?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Brian, any chance of getting Caniglia or Keith Minnion for any of these books? Or the guy who painted The Anubis Gates for Centipede. Those paintings are out of this world.
    Caniglia is already working on several fairly important, unannounced projects for us.

We're still talking to artists, though, so anything is possible. 'Salem's Lot and The Shining definitely feature new (to us) artists, but I think our collectors will be very pleased.

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Caniglia is already working on several fairly important, unannounced projects for us.

We're still talking to artists, though, so anything is possible. 'Salem's Lot and The Shining definitely feature new (to us) artists, but I think our collectors will be very pleased.

Brian
    Hire, Rachel Readman!!! Can I get an "Amen" folks????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just getting around to the news--and wow! Holy poop on a stick!

I've wanted Cemetery Dance to do this with King's earlier work for a very long time. Kudos, CD! They always produce top-notch productions.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Just getting around to the news--and wow! Holy poop on a stick!

I've wanted Cemetery Dance to do this with King's earlier work for a very long time. Kudos, CD! They always produce top-notch productions.
    Agreed, now if only they hire, Rachel Readman!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Wild Bill! I need to check out her artwork.

Any news regarding: Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration? I tried looking it up on CD's website, but it didn't produce any results.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Wild Bill! I need to check out her artwork.
    I am sure your patience will be rewarded soon....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

A wrap around cover image tying the Marsten House and the town together is a must.
    Stop reading my mind!!

Brian
    Very encouraging! I look forward to seeing the what you come up with.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I'd really like Daniele Serra to be given a chance ... http://www.multigrade.it/

Any news regarding: Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration? I tried looking it up on CD's website, but it didn't produce any results.
    Yes! Collectors who preordered directly from us have received an update about the book's metamorphosis into something even bigger and more awesome, including a different title. So we've removed CD:15 from the site will we prepare some plans to officially announce the change. Should be pretty exciting, at least for those who like doorstop sized anthologies. I'll post all of the details here as soon as we have them ready.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post

Brian
    I'd really like Daniele Serra to be given a chance ... http://www.multigrade.it/
    His style would work well for 'Salem's Lot.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes! Collectors who preordered directly from us have received an update about the book's metamorphosis into something even bigger and more awesome, including a different title. So we've removed CD:15 from the site will we prepare some plans to officially announce the change. Should be pretty exciting, at least for those who like doorstop sized anthologies. I'll post all of the details here as soon as we have them ready.

Brian
    Thanks for the update, Brian!

I'm a little concerned because I did preorder it and haven't received an update regarding it.

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!
    WANTED:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 329 of 890 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 379 429 829 ... LastLast