Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 890 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 388 438 838 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah, Glen is just an amazing guy and a HUGE supporter of the Haven Fund. I am so glad that he is busy and putting oil in that tank!!! He is just one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and I feel privileged to be able to call him my "Virtual Friend"!!! Not to mention that those drawings are simply awesome!!!
    I totally agree. He is truly a great guy and a great artist!

That's why I get really pissed when someone says something nasty about him on this forum...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW I have some experience with numbered litho art and the first and last numbers are always valued a little higher than the others, so to speak. For instance, I have a S/N piece of a picture done by, Roger Dean in which I requested number 20 of 20. The last insurance valuation I received for it was 5% above the average price associated with the piece. However, that is "art" and a little different than books, but you can draw your own conclusions.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay.. so first and last number might be valued higher and if the number has significance to the book. Well good thing I have number #217 for the Carrie Artist Edition

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Okay.. so first and last number might be valued higher and if the number has significance to the book. Well good thing I have number #217 for the Carrie Artist Edition
    Believe me it's all very subjective. 217 for "Carrie" is not what it is for "The Shining". By the same token number "19" for TDT series is more highly regarded than perhaps another number. And then there are folks that feel, for personal reasons, that a particular number is more desirable than another, be it for "matching purposes" or otherwise.

I find it to be easier to just be happy with any number I get!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah.. I figured it was subjective. I'm a number like 42 might have sentimental value to you Or numbers 2-5 and 9. LOL I'm glad I got 217, it will be very nice once the Shining is released.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Believe me it's all very subjective. 217 for "Carrie" is not what it is for "The Shining". By the same token number "19" for TDT series is more highly regarded than perhaps another number. And then there are folks that feel, for personal reasons, that a particular number is more desirable than another, be it for "matching purposes" or otherwise.

Yeah but Aronstg is thinking ahead when he reserved #217 for Carrie. He needs that number now in order to guarantee it will be matched for when he buys The Shining. It's good forward thinking.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Yeah but Aronstg is thinking ahead when he reserved #217 for Carrie. He needs that number now in order to guarantee it will be matched for when he buys The Shining. It's good forward thinking.

Ahhh very true!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I like the Chadbourne decision as well. I think the sig sheets for Carrie look great!

Nice work guys.

Country
    Country Flag

I think my favourite signature page image is the one on the Artist Edition, which is great because that's the one I am getting...

All three look stunning though!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Just ordered my Artist Edition of Carrie from PS. I'll have #1 to match the other five releases please thanks Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Good luck with THAT! I believe many of the 'low' numbers are already taken by what CD call 'LifeTimers' I was lucky with #14, I would expect #1 to be taken
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I believe somebody here scored #1 from PS in the current Anniversary series. I think maybe KingFan24, but I may be wrong on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post

T-Dogz_AK47 has #1 of Christine and Pet Sematary.

Not just for Christine and Pet Sematary.

In addition to having reserved #1 for the PS editions, I have also managed to reserve #1 for the CD Artist Editions.

Having that number means that I am definitely in it for the long haul with both the CD and PS editions.
    Very cool. Congrats

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Very cool. Congrats
    Thanks!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah.. I figured it was subjective. I'm a number like 42 might have sentimental value to you Or numbers 2-5 and 9. LOL I'm glad I got 217, it will be very nice once the Shining is released.
    I'm shocked you got that number... There are guys on here that have bought for many years from them who will be after that number for a certain book I feel there is no extra value to a #1 or the last but rather that they match or as Bill pointed out... They are important to the book... Like #217 to Shining or #19 to the Dark Tower... Matching numbers is where te extra value lies...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So question here. How important is the number in a limited set? I assume that some numbers have a personal collection but does the number add to the value of the edition? I assume that #1 is highly coveted but does #2 hold more value than #500 and so on?
    With the exception of a number like 217 for the Shining, I just don't get the whole low number thing. If I am not mistaken, at least where CD is concerned, the books come back from the printer without numbers. Then the number is added in before it is shipped out. So the fact that the first book picked out of the stack is marked #1 doesn't make it any more special than the book marked #357. It is still just a numbered book, same as the others. I guess it is a matter of personal preference to want a low number, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So question here. How important is the number in a limited set? I assume that some numbers have a personal collection but does the number add to the value of the edition? I assume that #1 is highly coveted but does #2 hold more value than #500 and so on?
    With the exception of a number like 217 for the Shining, I just don't get the whole low number thing. If I am not mistaken, at least where CD is concerned, the books come back from the printer without numbers. Then the number is added in before it is shipped out. So the fact that the first book picked out of the stack is marked #1 doesn't make it any more special than the book marked #357. It is still just a numbered book, same as the others. I guess it is a matter of personal preference to want a low number, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it.
    100% agree with you.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone for clearing this up. Just like most things in collecting, it comes down to personal preference. Learning a lot here!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanting a specific number = OCD.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone for clearing this up. Just like most things in collecting, it comes down to personal preference. Learning a lot here!
    That pretty much sums it up.

Another time a number might be important is when trying to get a matching set of books in a series but each publication had different print runs. An example being the Dark Tower series. If your goal is to collect a matching set, you need to have a number #500 or lower, as that is the lowest print run of a book in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    An example being the Dark Tower series. If your goal is to collect a matching set, you need to have a number #500 or lower, as that is the lowest print run of a book in that series.
    A GREAT example. We just received in an almost complete Dark Tower Limited Edition set from a long-time collector whose number was 526 or 527 for all of the books. She didn't have The Gunslinger, but obviously she never could have had a matching set even with The Gunslinger since she would have needed a number of 500 or less.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

This is the voice in your head speaking, "An omnibus edition of all artwork from this set in one massive, oversized book is a great idea...

"And send that WDiL guy an advance copy...he's cool."

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If I knew what I know now back in 1983-84 when I found The Gunslinger 1st (for $100) I would've looked all over the place for the signed limited so I would've been locked in for the long haul.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Brian,

This is the voice in your head speaking, "An omnibus edition of all artwork from this set in one massive, oversized book is a great idea...

"And send that Joe315 an advance copy...he's cool."

Fixed and that is an awesome idea.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    An example being the Dark Tower series. If your goal is to collect a matching set, you need to have a number #500 or lower, as that is the lowest print run of a book in that series.
    A GREAT example. We just received in an almost complete Dark Tower Limited Edition set from a long-time collector whose number was 526 or 527 for all of the books. She didn't have The Gunslinger, but obviously she never could have had a matching set even with The Gunslinger since she would have needed a number of 500 or less.

Brian
    You could get #26 and pen in a 5. Problem sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    You could get #26 and pen in a 5. Problem sorted!
    ha!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Brian,

"And send that WDiL guy an advance copy...he's cool."

Brian

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    Any updates on World War Z or The Zombie Survival Guide?
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 890 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 388 438 838 ... LastLast