Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 890 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 477 517 567 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

A member here has the new illustrated edition book in the slipcase that SKCollector made for the first hardcover editions. He says they are the same size book.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    A member here has the new illustrated edition book in the slipcase that SKCollector made for the first hardcover editions. He says they are the same size book.
    Yeah, that definitely seems to be the case... so to speak. I'll double-check all of the measurements with our slipcase maker and then we'll need to decide if we should order extras!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    How long is the typical US shipping time from notification to delivery?
    The three biggest factors are location, method of shipping, and the item itself.

UPS Ground will be 1 day to the states around Maryland, then 2 days for the states beyond that, etc, until you reach 5 or 6 business days to the west coast.

The Post Office varies widely. Sometimes we'll have packages to New York and California delivered on the same day. And sometimes the Post Office forgets to pick-up our outbound packages on any given day, so they don't actually leave until the next morning.

But the item itself also plays a role. Dan will have a better feel for this than I do these days, so he can chime in if I'm wrong, but sometimes all of the shipping notices for a preorder used to go out on the same day, even though it would take three or four days to pack and ship the items -- the system didn't know any better. (Dan might have found a way around that, but I can't recall now!)

If anything seems to be taking longer than expected to reach you once it has left the building, drop Mindy a line and she can start a tracer on the UPS package or perform our ritual shipping prayer chant for a USPS package.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    It's pretty hard to lock down. In most instances I'd say if you get your shipping notice on a Monday night the latest it would typically actually leave the building would be the following Friday, and that's kinda a worst case scenario. USPS picks up 3 times a week so if for some reason they couldn't pick up on Wednesday then your package wouldn't leave until Friday, if say it was packed after USPS picked up on Monday in that particular scenario. The other scenario that can throw off when you receive your shipping notice vs. when it actually ships is if it's a project where everyone gets a specific number for a book. In these instances we almost always print all of the labels for the project up front. This means shipping notices go out all up front, but the packages may take a couple days to actually ship.

Once they leave our building the time can vary vastly depending on the shipping method. UPS's shipping times are pretty standard 1 to 5 days depending where in the country you are. USPS on the other hand (especially Media Mail) can be hugely different.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that definitely seems to be the case... so to speak. I'll double-check all of the measurements with our slipcase maker and then we'll need to decide if we should order extras!

Brian
    You'd better order extras. You know how fickle us King collectors are!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... so to speak.

Brian
    ... more or less.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Think on the CD hp are no pics from the illustrations...
    Can someone tell my which artist illustrated which story in Dark Delicacies s/l ?

tks a LOT

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

If no one has responded by then I will try to remember to look tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Think on the CD hp are no pics from the illustrations...
    Can someone tell my which artist illustrated which story in Dark Delicacies s/l ?

tks a LOT

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I just picked up the Illustrated edition. It is the same height. It is slightly wider, about 1/8 inch. It is slightly thinner. It fits the slipcase easily. It sits flush to the opening in the slipcase.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a preorder ship recently. It had the obvious delay between saying it was shipped and actually being picked up but the weird thing is that it originated in MD, I am in PA but it went all the way to NC and has been sitting there. That seems like a really bizarre way to get from MD to PA. It's like less than 2 hours away from me at it's origin point.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I had a preorder ship recently. It had the obvious delay between saying it was shipped and actually being picked up but the weird thing is that it originated in MD, I am in PA but it went all the way to NC and has been sitting there. That seems like a really bizarre way to get from MD to PA. It's like less than 2 hours away from me at it's origin point.
    Welcome to the joys of shipping with the USPS, especially Media Mail.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a package the other day go from Arizona back to the Bell Springs CA shipping depot up to Washington to Dallas, Texas then by truck to Austin...

Sometimes I would love to see the flight maps of how packages travel around this country before getting to their destination.

Dan, were you around when that one package that had gone missing in the USPS system suddenly arrived back at our door 10 or 12 months after it was shipped? It had postmarks from Canada, Mexico, and somewhere else...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan, were you around when that one package that had gone missing in the USPS system suddenly arrived back at our door 10 or 12 months after it was shipped? It had postmarks from Canada, Mexico, and somewhere else...

Brian
    It was probably sitting in that Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse for a while too.

I've had packages take a week from MD to VA but 2 days from CA.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I had a package the other day go from Arizona back to the Bell Springs CA shipping depot up to Washington to Dallas, Texas then by truck to Austin...

Sometimes I would love to see the flight maps of how packages travel around this country before getting to their destination.
    I think everything from the southwest US goes through Bell Gardens. I've had packages from Las Vegas and Arizona go through there on their way to Florida.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Received the afterword today for Dark Advent. Thanks so much. I like the title on the first page. It had me laughing.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

So my wife and I went to a ghost hunt tour of Ft Knox in Prospect Me. Built in 1844, it has a long supernatural history.
    Walking through the gate, the corner of my eye caught this...

MY first thought was "hot puppies!! corporate sponsorship!!!"
    Then I read it a little more carefully and realized my mistake.....
    Blast Cemetery Dance and their subliminal messaging.....
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Production updates are on the way today via email to those who preordered GONE GIRL or 'SALEM'S LOT from us.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MINT. I cannot wait for Salems Lot. David Palmumbo's work on this is unreal. PERFECT choice for the artist on a novel like this. I am hoping to have this by Xmas!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    MINT. I cannot wait for Salems Lot. David Palmumbo's work on this is unreal. PERFECT choice for the artist on a novel like this. I am hoping to have this by Xmas!!
    Early 2016 is the expected arrival date for the slipcases, depending on how long our slipcase maker is closed for the holidays. Sometimes it's 10 days and sometimes it's three weeks. But there is a "first photo" in the newsletter.

Brian

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Early 2016 is the expected arrival date for the slipcases, depending on how long our slipcase maker is closed for the holidays. Sometimes it's 10 days and sometimes it's three weeks. But there is a "first photo" in the newsletter.

Brian
    Your mission should you choose to accept it Brian.. is give us the Stand/Shining next year... and I will be a happy man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Brian
    So we won't see Salems until after Christmas?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to 'Salem's Lot, the dummy book is a beast.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    So we won't see Salems until after Christmas?
    Correct

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian - Any updates with the Finders Keepers slipcases?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 890 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 477 517 567 ... LastLast