Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There's a very nice review of Knowing Darkness in the latest Locus magazine.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. It made LOCUS??? I thought that magazine was science fiction oriented and didn't bother with any other genres.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

They cover horror, too. They reviewed The Road to the Dark Tower, and they almost always review King, Straub, etc. They're covered under the blanket of Fantasy -- i.e. Dark Fantasy.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not know that. I've never subscribed to the magazine, so I only know it as a perennial favorite at the Hugo Awards.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

I've been reading Locus for over 25 years. Never miss it. In the early days, that was where I got a lot of my Stephen King news.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

It is HARD to display this book! I had to put it on TOP of my bookcase! lol!!

Kind of dangerous and I'm afraid it will fall off if there ever is an earthquake, but it's that or put it in a box in a closet (where I have my extra one I have and the Ray Bradbury one...sigh....)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great Curt...
    I took the two books out of my traycase to display it safely, also I was afraid the weight of the books would damage the case over time....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Which version of Dark Dreamers do you have?

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i think mine just has the one signature page. Wasn't there two versions? I can check in a few minutes. Maybe I should take Knowing Darkness out of the traycase...hmmmm.....it is soooooooooooooooooooooo heavy

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Catalog entry

A special edition of 405 copies of DARK DREAMERS, signed by the authors, was completed in May, 1990. Due to accidental destruction of some signature sheets, three states of this limited edition were published:
    Copies #1-#297 were signed by Clive Barker, Gary Brandner, Ramsey Campbell, Les Daniels, Dennis Etchison, John Farris, Charles L. Grant, James Herbert, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, Joe R. Lansdale, Richard Laymon, Graham Masterson, Richard Matheson, Robert R. McCammon, David Morrell, Philip Nutman, John Saul, John Skipp, Craig Spector, Peter Straub, Whitley Streiber, Stanley Wiater, Chet Williamson, J.N. Williamson, and Grahan Wilson, These copies contain two pages of signatures.
    Copies #298-#350 were signed by Richard Matheson, Dennis Etchison, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, David Morrell, John Saul, John Farris, Gary Brandner, Richard Laymon and Stanley Wiater. These copies contain one page of signatures.
    55 Copies stamped “Publisher’s Copy #__” were numbered 1-55 and were otherwise identical to copies #298-#350. These copies contain one page of signatures.

Some effort was made to collect the missing signatures as the second state has seven signatures on the title page (example below).

Country
    Country Flag

I just read that same paragraph on page 208 of my copy, but what is strange is that I have number 283 with ONLY ONE PAGE of signatures? There are 11 signatures on it ...weird!!! That seems at odds with what they stated on the explanation. Luckily, King/Koontz/others I like signed the one page in mine.

REALLY is a WELL DONE book in terms of craftsmanship.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The information is "fuzzy" at best, but there are copies of DD that have less than the intended number of signatures. I have copies of two versions. BTAIM, the book is a beautiful piece of craftmanship.
    Edit:
    The pictures in the Catalog are from my two copies.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have number 216 of Dark Dreamers but it is also signed by King.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe all three states were signed by King.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Curt.
    I've got mine standing on the floor, next to my bookcase(s).

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My gift edition is watching over the living room:

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto here Biomieg!

Country
    Country Flag

You can see my main bookcase is too tall...I mean the book is too tall to sit on it! LOL!!!

I had to buy that glass one on Craigslist to be able to have the Knowing Darkness in the same room as my other books. barely fits still. hahaha!

Really is one of the best books I have ever seen. Amazingly well done I'd say even.

Plus, a great value if you buying by weight. hahaha!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and Biomieg that bookcase looks awesome!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Tom! We recently moved to another city and bought new bookcases for the occasion. They are simple IKEA 'Billy' bookcases but I like them a lot!

(or were you talking about the contents? )

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Both i have a Billy bookcase too (well i stole it off my girlfriend )

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

all the way around.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Man this book is huge. I'm thinking of putting it on display, but the thing is >20" tall and 12" wide. Perhaps the only larger King related S/L book is the Whitney My Pretty Pony.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I contacted Jerad from Centipede in 8/2010 when he was having a sale on the Knowing Darkness Traycased @ $495, I asked if he had any of the Whelan Remarques left, He said one with a small crease on it...I offered him $700 for the book and remarque, he accepted $720 to cover shipping....

heres the remarque........

Country
    Country Flag

Is that not the smallest Gunslinger you've ever seen?

I love It ..cant wait to get it framed/
    Brian....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast