Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 731 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 231 631 681 721 729 730 731 732 733 741 781 831 1231 ... LastLast
Results 18,251 to 18,275 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice all! Congratulations!

Bob, any chance you could post a pic of the essay?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Bob, been on my hunt list too!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I have been looking for this little journal for many years (at least 10) and this is the first one I have found. Yes it has coffee stains, a sticker remnant and some writing on the cover. I wish it were in better condition but I am thrilled to have a copy in any condition at all. DREAMWORKS: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly, Volume 1, Number 4, Summer 1981. This particular issue deals with nightmares and King contributed a short essay on a recurring dream that he has.

I don't know what it is sometimes. I don't think this is particularly rare and it seems every other issue of this journal is available for sale. It wasn't expensive and, now that I have one, they'll probably start popping up all over the place. But, for whatever reason, I never could seem to find one. Really happy to have one even in lesser condition.

Interesting! Thanks for posting.

John
    YES VERY INTERESTING and not something I keep as tight an eye out for as I now will.
    I will have to check a couple stores I plan to visit this weekend on my way to Sarasota.
    I've been visiting a couple stores which have had some unusual or uncommon things.
    No great King finds yet however perhaps just not looking hard enough. Just a matter of timing... and some knowledge like what is shared here.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Bob, any chance you could post a pic of the essay?
    OK.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

The awesome deal that wasn't!

I am at the Strand Boostore in NYC looking at the dollar books outside and I spot what looks like one of those early Doubleday proofs that Carlosdetweiler (Bob) has on his collection. I can see the top of it, the words UNCORRECTED PROOF, but not the title. Color is similar to the "Salem's Lot proof. I am really excited, like OMG!

So I pick it up, and it's a tall Doubleday proof alright.

photo

Not King, but it was only a dollar it's signed by the author.

Oh, and I also found an Uncorrected proof of Alice Walker's The Cushion in the Road.

Oh Well...
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Stephen King's nightmare is so very... STEPHEN KING!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is $150 shipped a good price for "Knowing Darkness"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Bob, and thanks for sharing it !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Original price, including shipping, was $210. (The traycased edition was $820.)

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Original price, including shipping, was $210. (The traycased edition was $820.)

John
    Okay, so I did good. Thanks, John!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I paid $105 just to have my copy shipped to me! I think you did alright :-)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Raymond (SirFolio16) for these DT Limiteds......... Awesome Seller........

Thanks to David at Betts.......

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome pick ups pal!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I just picked up a copy of the S/L edition of 999 for $50 plus shipping.

Earlier this year, I was going to buy one from an acquaintance for $150....but the deal fell through.

Damn...I wish I had this one with me in Toronto, as King was one of only two not to sign this S/L.
    I think 999 was the first S/L book I ever bought. I was in awe of the production standards (high quality binding, gilt, the little ribbon!). Hell it might have been the first book I ever bought that came with a slipcase. It holds a special place in my heart and I would LOVE to get both King and Oates to fill in those conspicuous blanks.
    OK, this might be a STRETCH to qualify as that Awesome Deal, but being Caretaker of Betts does put me in the position sometimes of being shown some awesome books....Correct, King did not sign either the 999 S/L or Lettered editions, but a couple years ago, a guy in Maine contacted me and told me that he was the (and I will bastardize the spelling here) anesthesiologist in hospital where King had multiple surgeries following his accident in 1999. This guy was a King fan and brought several books in for King to sign as he lay in his hospital bed...one of which was a Lettered 999 which this Maine resident sold to me for $340....I don't know if I have the ONLY Lettered edition signed by King, but if not there can't be too many!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, David!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

David,

You are correct, that's not an awesome deal......it's an OUTSTANDING DEAL. I believe you probably own the only one signed.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

OK, this might be a STRETCH to qualify as that Awesome Deal, but being Caretaker of Betts does put me in the position sometimes of being shown some awesome books....Correct, King did not sign either the 999 S/L or Lettered editions, but a couple years ago, a guy in Maine contacted me and told me that he was the (and I will bastardize the spelling here) anesthesiologist in hospital where King had multiple surgeries following his accident in 1999. This guy was a King fan and brought several books in for King to sign as he lay in his hospital bed...one of which was a Lettered 999 which this Maine resident sold to me for $340....I don't know if I have the ONLY Lettered edition signed by King, but if not there can't be too many!

I have the S/L 999 signed by King. When he signed it he told me that he had only signed a couple of them.

Stephen King Desk Calendars
    These I got through Paperback Swap for "free"
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This one I bought on Ebay

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Way cool....so we know of at least 1 S/L signed and 1 Lettered

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Limited Edition 1 of 1 - Signed by the Producer

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Well......THAT is pretty cool!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Bob, you fell for it

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Spoiler:
    Bob, you fell for it
    Well, not really. But if it is in English it is pretty cool. I have a file but it is in French and I can't read it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 731 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 231 631 681 721 729 730 731 732 733 741 781 831 1231 ... LastLast