Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 725 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 225 625 675 715 723 724 725 726 727 735 775 825 1225 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,125 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I guess it's Print-On-Demand. The seller takes the order and sends it to the printer who ships it to the buyer. A lot of sellers on ebay and ABE doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's not really a collectible, but I was intrigued when I looked at this book.
    I ordered the book from Amazon on 12/31/2013.
    It arrived 2/6/2014.
    Check out the second photo.

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been a long while since my last Pride and Joy, but this was worth the wait. 1/1 Night Shift. Only need to track down a Carrie to finish my US 1sts:

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great job on Night Shift!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    I guess it's Print-On-Demand. The seller takes the order and sends it to the printer who ships it to the buyer. A lot of sellers on ebay and ABE doing that.

It arrived 2/6/2014.

I guess it literally is "hot of the presses".

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Been a long while since my last Pride and Joy, but this was worth the wait. 1/1 Night Shift. Only need to track down a Carrie to finish my US 1sts:
    It's not just me then!! - congrats on the Night Shift!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome new additions everyone!

Just got this in the mail today! WOOT! Better pics to come tonight.

WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

The big question for collectors, if a book is Print-on-Demand only, what's a first edition, first printing?

Let's assume King decides to have an upcoming book Print-On-Demand. What's the first printing? Is the book that's printed on Tuesday more desirable than the book that was printed on Wednesday?

It arrived 2/6/2014.

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That possibility will likely soon be a reality...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The big question for collectors, if a book is Print-on-Demand only, what's a first edition, first printing?

Let's assume King decides to have an upcoming book Print-On-Demand. What's the first printing? Is the book that's printed on Tuesday more desirable than the book that was printed on Wednesday?

It arrived 2/6/2014.

There was a discussion about this a couple weeks ago spread across a couple threads.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The pictures don't do the book justice. Sub Press did a great job on this one!

WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just recieved a new "Dolso" case on display in my collection thread!!! It's a really nice one, too!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations all!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I bought a COTW today inscribed & dated month of publication,
    Here's the info I received

Stephen King gifted this first edition book to then Senator William S Cohen when it was first published. Senator Cohen was building a small library at the time. When Cohen eventually became Secretary of Defense in 1997, he moved his library of approximately 10,000 books to his office in the Pentagon where his administrative staff catalogued and tagged all his books. When he left office in early 2001, he gave some of his books to his staff.
    S/L signature from my COTW seems the same

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He moved 10,000 books into the Pentagon?
    Wow, that's an interesting room he had there!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Not sure,
    This is the info from seller,
    All I know is there both from Maine & the signature seemed to match from the time period,
    I welcome any additional info

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Not sure,
    This is the info from seller,
    All I know is there both from Maine & the signature seemed to match from the time period,
    I welcome any additional info
    Interesting story.. Nice looking sig.

Thanks Explorer

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Green Mile Gift Edition

Nice addition Dan!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always liked that edition.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The Green Mile Gift Edition
    I just ordered that from Camelot. Nice!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wished I had of ordered one of those the GE but don't know why I never did. Unless they were sold out my the time I got to the website. If you don't mine Brian what was the cost for it? Don't mean to be noisey but I would like to know if you want just send me a p/m. Thank you Brian.

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered mine from Camelot and it was issue price of $150 plus shipping. I figured I wouldn't see it cheaper than that anywhere else.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I wished I had of ordered one of those the GE but don't know why I never did. Unless they were sold out my the time I got to the website. If you don't mine Brian what was the cost for it? Don't mean to be noisey but I would like to know if you want just send me a p/m. Thank you Brian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I ordered mine from Camelot and it was issue price of $150 plus shipping. I figured I wouldn't see it cheaper than that anywhere else.
    $150 plus tax & shipping = $169

I've seen them go for more and I've seen most people ask as much as $250 for the set.

I've had it on my want list for a while and decided the other day that a deal like that wasn't going to last forever.

They still have them: http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/green-miles

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid considerably more for mine, but it does have the additional benefit of a Remarque from Mark Geyer and it's dedicated to 'me'
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 725 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 225 625 675 715 723 724 725 726 727 735 775 825 1225 ... LastLast