Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 1202 ... LastLast
Results 17,526 to 17,550 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Picked up 2 UK S/L Under The Dome (1 arrived waiting on#2) & Black House,
    Love the product Grant put out with Black House & Desperation

Sweet!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I just saved myself a couple hundred dollars.

In my quest to pick up Gift editions of those titles available in this form, I was going to pop for a Gift (1/600) of 'SALEM'S LOT (Centipede Press) to replace my Fine/Fine Doubleday 1st HC of 'SALEM'S LOT: THE ILLUSTRATED EDITION...there've been a few in the last couple of days on eBay. Did a bit more research on the volume (I was familiar with the S/L edition, but not so much the Gift ed.), and it turns out it apparently does not have the photo illustrations of the S/L and Doubleday ILLUSTRATED volumes. As well, the 13" trim size will not fit in my 11" max lawyer's bookcase shelves...I'd assumed incorrectly the Gift edition had a smaller trim than the S/L.

So I guess my Pride and Joy is, as it turns out, my Doubleday ILLUSTRATED HC 1st. Who knew.
    Jerad (at Centipede Press) sold a number of sets of the photographs separately. Each set contained the pictures that were used in the s/l edition. These sets of photographs are EXTREMELY scarce.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post

You mean one of these?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the Black House. One sold for $246.50 today. Not that I had money to bid, but that seems low.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Love the Black House. One sold for $246.50 today. Not that I had money to bid, but that seems low.
    Yeah, I paid $500 for mine. Oh well!!! I still love it to death. My first S/L!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I paid $260.00 for my copy # 904,
    Which seemed reasonable

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Limitation page of my The Dark Man limited:

Glenn Chadbourne remarque:

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice looking Remarque, John!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Limitation page of my The Dark man limited:

Nice. I wonder, though, how many of us would certify that sig as legit had it been on a trade HC on eBay. King's sig is getting a mite lazy/messy these days.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome remarque!!!
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a brilliant remarque you have there John - I like it a lot !!!
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I am daft, but what part does a Ferris wheel play in "The Dark Man"?

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it plays a specific role. I saw The Dark Man as a tale of wandering. And I think its just another of the many things the Dark Man see's on his travels.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SirFolio16 View Post
    I don't think it plays a specific role. I saw The Dark Man as a tale of wandering. And I think its just another of the many things the Dark Man see's on his travels.
    Where was the wheel in the story/poem?
    Of course Randall Flagg travels, but "adding" him to "Joyland" is quite a bit of artistic license.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember it being in the poem, but I do believe there was a broken down carousel. So a ferris wheel isn't really a stretch IMHO.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it. It kind of reminds me of Joyland, and I REALLY enjoyed Joyland.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent remarque, John. Like that a lot.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome remarque, John!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I don't remember it being in the poem, but I do believe there was a broken down carousel. So a ferris wheel isn't really a stretch IMHO.
    If theres mention of a broken down carousel I missed it completely.
    I do like the ominous look of Dark Man in that Remarque, tho.
    Congratulations John
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    If theres mention of a broken down carousel I missed it completely.
    I do like the ominous look of Dark Man in that Remarque, tho.
    Congratulations John
    There is no mention of a carousel, a ferris wheel, or a partridge in a pear tree. It's a very "liberal" interpretation.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry... I didn't mean a mention of it in the text...

I meant that several of the illustrations in the book have carnival related themes... for example if I am not mistaken I believe I saw a illustration with a broken down carousel.

To me it almost felt like the book was trying to give The Dark Man that carny kind of feel... the great wanderer.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a thought - but is it possible Glenn had a lapse and thought he was doing a Joyland remarque? He has done quite a few remarques just lately?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry... I didn't mean a mention of it in the text...

I meant that several of the illustrations in the book have carnival related themes... for example if I am not mistaken I believe I saw a illustration with a broken down carousel.

To me it almost felt like the book was trying to give The Dark Man that carny kind of feel... the great wanderer.
    Not only is there a ferris wheel there is also a similar tent.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Just a thought - but is it possible Glenn had a lapse and thought he was doing a Joyland remarque? He has done quite a few remarques just lately?
    Perhaps not a lapse per se' but maybe Joyland has more lasting effect than the Dark Man poem so inspires him more.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my package from Glenn. He was kind enough to let me send him an idea and then run with it. Here is what I sent him "As you know, the dark man is the precursor to the character Randall Flagg. You have done such an amazing job with poem I was thinking of exploring the character that emerges. At the rear of the book are two blank white canvases for you. I see them as a sort of collage (you have done some really cool ones over the years) of Flagg's appearances. as long as Grant in Australia is jealous!

I was seeing:
    The Stand - the dark man overlooking Vegas and crucifixions, maybe even a mushroom cloud with the hand of God behind, like in the novel's finale
    Eyes of the Dragon - the dark man shot in the eye with an arrow, beginning to melt, perhaps the young king/prince with his bow spent
    The Gunslinger's opening line where the gunslinger is following the man in black across the desert, maybe in the foreground/background of the collage
    Perhaps a railroad through it like from the poem itself, a dark man at the back of it ready to emerge as the characters

What do you think? Is this crazy? It's just the kind of homage I was envisioning given the seminal importance do the poem. B/W, Color, subtle color? I can leave up to your eye. Let me know what you think. You can tell me I'm being ridiculous if you want. I hope you're up for it."

My God, was he up for it! Enjoy!

For a closer look, visit my collections page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 1202 ... LastLast