Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 684 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 184 584 634 674 682 683 684 685 686 694 734 784 1184 ... LastLast
Results 17,076 to 17,100 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a great little letter. Very rare thing indeed. If and when a collection of King's non-fiction writings gets underway, I wonder how many fat volumes it will take?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    That's a great little letter. Very rare thing indeed. If and when a collection of King's non-fiction writings gets underway, I wonder how many fat volumes it will take?
    I really doubt that such a project would see the lights of the day... because of the multiple copyright issues with the copyright owners of all those essays. But who knows?

A bit similar to Bob's sharing with the proof/ pages of THE PLANT : I really like a french author. Every year, he usually invites me prior to the publication of his new book, to get his own proof copy.
    This year, the publisher didnt do any. But he invited me to get, this morning, loose printed pages of his proof. For the book that just got released. And last year's.
    We discussed a bit, he asked me if i would like to read the next volume (that he sent the other day to his editor). He looked at a printed version, considered it a wee while, browing the different pages and annotations... before saying that he'll wait to see his editor's feedback, as he wouldnt want me to read a disappointing book. Before saying that i'll get it the next time.

We then discussed a bit (about many things, including Stephen King & Orson Scott Card, a book he highly recommend me to read : the dice man, by Luke Rhinehart) etc. He even gave me an advice when i said there was 1 book that i am still looking for (the ONLY copy i had ever heard about or seen for sale, got FUCKING LOST during the shipping to me!) : a limited edition of a short story, that was given away during a writing conference, a few years back. He said that he has a copy someone else, he may give to me next time. Anyway, I then left, not with his next book (to be released in a year, what a shame!), but not empty handed either :

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jeremy. Congratulations!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Love seeing stuff like that. Congrats, Jeremy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I really doubt that such a project would see the lights of the day... because of the multiple copyright issues with the copyright owners of all those essays. But who knows?
    Well such projects have been done for other authors in the past. I'm sure in time King's non-fiction too could be collected and published.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Paid way too much for this but didn't have it and felt I needed it. Not sure where to post stuff like this. Not really a "Pride and Joy". More like "Well here's something."

It is the Summer 1983 issue of DARK HORIZONS, a UK publication. In the prior issue (Summer 1982) a writer named Pete Scott attributed THE LONG WALK to King (for some reason he didn't mention RAGE, ROADWORK or THE RUNNING MAN). King responded with this short letter to the editor. Interesting for historical purposes if nothing else.

Wow.. Such a wonderful acquisition.. Really fond of items establishing the historic background of such a creative man. Congrats for the foresight to pull these pieces together.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well such projects have been done for other authors in the past. I'm sure in time King's non-fiction too could be collected and published.

Do you have some exemple in mind?
    Trust me, if such a project was to appear, i would be the first to be interested !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks @alan & Bob.
    And guess what?

It seems that the author's advice to contact someone for a copy of the lost book, may become the best thing of this past week-end!
    To be continued...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks @alan & Bob.
    And guess what?

It seems that the author's advice to contact someone for a copy of the lost book, may become the best thing of this past week-end!
    To be continued...
    Excellent! Hope it pays off for you, Jeremy.

Country
    Country Flag

I should be able to get 2 copies. For FREE!
    As I asked to get it delivered on person, in order to prevent the same mistake than last time (even if this time i could get it delivered to work), I may not be able to get them until next week. Since she's helping me with this, and she offered those copies for FREE, I offered this lady (who happens to have a very nice Facebook profile picture by the way :p) to invite her for a drink.

I am obviously very impatient... but I shall not rush anything, in order to prevent reproducing last time's disaster!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

From the show last thursday
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Bob, Jeremy and Garrell!

I love that poster!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

To find this book for small money was a surprise.
    Nice combination, white book with blue spine in a blue slipcase.

Clive Barker - Der Dieb der Zeit
    limited 155/250 slipcased
    Edition Phantasia

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

All the things are now signed plus free buttons!

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have some exemple in mind?
    Trust me, if such a project was to appear, i would be the first to be interested !
    The first ones that come to mind are the volumes of essays of HP Lovecraft and the various non-fiction volumes from John Updike.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want one of those magic hats you keep pulling these amazing and very interesting items out of Bob, love King's response!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That Christine looks nice! Is that a printed King signature?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    That Christine looks nice! Is that a printed King signature?

Yeah it's a facsimile sig, Becca.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that a glued binding?
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I want one of those magic hats you keep pulling these amazing and very interesting items out of Bob, love King's response!
    Well, the magic hat is nothing more glamorous than eBay. And I am the first to admit that I spend WAY too much time there.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

True but it's knowing what to look for too.

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of signed/doodled books from a french author :

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When did you get it Alan G? It looks pretty nice be glad when mine arrives.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    When did you get it Alan G? It looks pretty nice be glad when mine arrives.
    Got it yesterday. Yeah, it's pretty nice. Enjoy it when it arrives!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 684 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 184 584 634 674 682 683 684 685 686 694 734 784 1184 ... LastLast