Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 792 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 790 791 792 793 794 802 842 892 1292 ... LastLast
Results 19,776 to 19,800 of 32425

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see what the inside of the books looks like. The case and cover of the book is great but that is what we all have come to expect from Centipede Press.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Been a little while since I posted anything here. Anyway, here's a new arrival. Just a couple of pics as I'm sure we've all seen this one many times before... we all know what it looks like right... ... been looking to add this to the collection for some time now....

It is always great to see someone able to add this book to their collection. I personally don't think it will ever be topped as far as S/L's go. No one has ever come even close to making an S/L as good as this one. Congrats!!!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of more "goodies" arrived today!!!!!

- 'Salem's Lot 1 of 30 (Thank you for the opportunity to acquire Jerome)
    - IT Gift Edition Remarqued by Alex McVey and Erin Wells

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I had been debating picking up one of these, but I finally caved when I saw one that no one was bidding on last week. AND I LOVE IT! It hasn't made it off my desk yet. I just keep shaking up the spiders. It is definitely one of my favorite promo items. (Please excuse the crappy picture though--hard to not get glare from lights, windows, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I had been debating picking up one of these, but I finally caved when I saw one that no one was bidding on last week. AND I LOVE IT! It hasn't made it off my desk yet. I just keep shaking up the spiders. It is definitely one of my favorite promo items. (Please excuse the crappy picture though--hard to not get glare from lights, windows, etc.)

Yay! Welcome to TMSG club.
    Yes!!! Now you are one of the "cool" people as well!!! LOL LOL LOL

Question: Does your TMSG do crazy shit in the middle of the night? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Been a little while since I posted anything here. Anyway, here's a new arrival. Just a couple of pics as I'm sure we've all seen this one many times before... we all know what it looks like right... ... been looking to add this to the collection for some time now....
    It is always great to see someone able to add this book to their collection. I personally don't think it will ever be topped as far as S/L's go. No one has ever come even close to making an S/L as good as this one. Congrats!!!
    Thanks!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    It's pretty awesome that the 2 different prototypes for this are in hands of DT.org members, Bob owns the Gray Parrot(pronounced pa-row)
    In case I'm not the only one who didn't know, Gray Parrot is a man who works as a book binder. I was curious about what a "Gray Parrot" binding was; it was surprisingly difficult to get Google to help with such a generic search term.

www.grayparrotbookbinder.com

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man some nice stuff coming through!!! Conrats guys!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Yay! Welcome to TMSG club.
    Yes!!! Now you are one of the "cool" people as well!!! LOL LOL LOL

Question: Does your TMSG do crazy shit in the middle of the night? LOL
    Thanks guys!!! Now I can sit at the cool kids' table!!

Now here's my question: So far, TMSG has been quiet. But what am I suppose to be looking for? I'm almost afraid to ask!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great Suff dnemec & I/O! Tim love the 'Salem's Lot, Congrats!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Thanks!
    Congrats, Zelig.

Every time I see someone getting a copy of the S/L THE STAND, I'm filled with an inordinate amount of jealousy that rages for days. Someday -- someday -- I hope to add a copy to my collection, but sometimes I wonder if I ever actually will as I've never paid four figures for a book, and I don't know that I ever would/could. That said, I have a beautiful Fine/Fine 1st/1st HC of it in the S.K. Collector traycase, and I try to tell myself to be content, that that's good enough, that I don't need the S/L...but the heart wants what it wants.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Thanks!
    Congrats, Zelig.

Every time I see someone getting a copy of the S/L THE STAND, I'm filled with an inordinate amount of jealousy that rages for days. Someday -- someday -- I hope to add a copy to my collection, but sometimes I wonder if I ever actually will as I've never paid four figures for a book, and I don't know that I ever would/could. That said, I have a beautiful Fine/Fine 1st/1st HC of it in the S.K. Collector traycase, and I try to tell myself to be content, that that's good enough, that I don't need the S/L...but the heart wants what it wants.
    ^^^^^
    This

I have avoided (so far) getting on the slippery slope that is S/L's but if I could only ever have one, this would be it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two of these are new to my collection and the others are upgrades

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

Awesome, those all look like there in GREAT condition!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

They look in great condition, congratulations!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They look great! I soooo need that one on the left
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

Wonderful! Congratulations!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, racerx45.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Lot guy, Tito_Villa, stroppygoblin, jhanic, and idlewarnings.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Are they all 1st Ed's? Even the Night Shift? That would be amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Are they all 1st Ed's? Even the Night Shift? That would be amazing.
    Yes they are 1st/1st
    — Roland Deschain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thanks!
    Congrats, Zelig.

^^^^^
    This

I have avoided (so far) getting on the slippery slope that is S/L's but if I could only ever have one, this would be it.
    I feel your pain RC65. I started collecting around 1987 and I've only added the S/L Stand now! I kinda stopped collecting for a while and missed it at the time of its release. There were many times I would see someone add it to their collection and would feel what you're describing. I tell you, I wasn't planning on getting it when I did. It was a spur of the moment thing. I too never thought I would pay 4 figures for a book but once you do, it isn't too bad. Start saving my friend. You gotta do it.

Simon, yes it can be a slippery slope. What's even more slippery is if you get into collecting lettered editions. That's one I'm definitely staying away from for now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thanks!
    Congrats, Zelig.

^^^^^
    This

I feel your pain RC65. I started collecting around 1987 and I've only added the S/L Stand now! I kinda stopped collecting for a while and missed it at the time of its release. There were many times I would see someone add it to their collection and would feel what you're describing. I tell you, I wasn't planning on getting it when I did. It was a spur of the moment thing. I too never thought I would pay 4 figures for a book but once you do, it isn't too bad. Start saving my friend. You gotta do it.

Simon, yes it can be a slippery slope. What's even more slippery is if you get into collecting lettered editions. That's one I'm definitely staying away from for now.
    Congrats Zelig, a S/L The Stand is a wonderful book to have. I too was not actively searching for a copy but had seen a few sell and had always wanted one and then things just fell into place and I bought one.

RC65- Like Zelig said, start saving. The good news is even with the popularity of this book there always seems to be a few for sale so your day will come,just be ready so you can pull the trigger when it does.
    — Roland Deschain

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

We spent a couple of weeks away from home. My wife volunteered to go to the post office to collect the mail. I told her that there may be a package or two. I received an icy stare when I got home that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    We spent a couple of weeks away from home. My wife volunteered to go to the post office to collect the mail. I told her that there may be a package or two. I received an icy stare when I got home that evening.

Can't wait to see what's arrived!
    The "icy stare" at my house is usually followed by some choice phrases

+ Reply to Thread
Page 792 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 790 791 792 793 794 802 842 892 1292 ... LastLast