Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 763 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 263 663 713 753 761 762 763 764 765 773 813 863 1263 ... LastLast
Results 19,051 to 19,075 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    A couple of new pride and joys.

1st/1st paperback signed with inscription; S/L; 1st/1st flat signed

This S/L of I Am Legend came up for fraction of what they are listed for on Abe Books, so I grabbed it. It looks nice with my two first editions and a couple reprints.

Fantastic new additions, Dan!

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Carefully push them back into form.
    Maybe that's the thing? You can push em around all you want, it kinda feels like pudding in there. It doesn't feel like hard cardboard with a crease in it, it feels pretty mushy.

I'm not sure it even really matters for this book (but it would matter for the next I purchase, third times the charm?). I could reglue the traycase and you wouldn't be able to tell (hell, it'd probably even be better than new), but I'm not sure I want to hassle with it. Nothing on the traycase is ripped or anything. Not even any traces of the opposing surface, it separated cleanly.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My copy is fine.

John
    That's pretty much all I needed to know. Thanks John.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Results of excellent packing job on my new P&J:

Oops.
    My Desperation tray case came apart just like yours when it was shipped to me a few years ago. I still haven't glued it back together.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Results of excellent packing job on my new P&J:

Oops.
    My Desperation tray case came apart just like yours when it was shipped to me a few years ago. I still haven't glued it back together.
    I think that is very common with that particular traycase. I have one that did that and I have seen it described in other copies for sale on ABE.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Crap! Look what I got in today! Did anybody know they were being shipped? Even got my #186! Whoo-Hoo! I like the different color signature pages and different color signatures for each edition. Also really like the 50's style art. The only thing missing? A slipcase, or slipcases ... of course. I'm thinking of a very cool Dolso case!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, George!

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Looks like everybody has some great stuff coming! I have 5 items coming but really excited for another 'Salem's Lot S/L with Dolso Case, my other 'Salem's Lot S/L's have regular slipcase so it'll be nice to have the contrast. The Stand Nick, that's AWESOME CONGRATS!
    How many copies of 'Salem's Lot do you own? Pics?
    Michael for the Centipede 'Salem's I have these,
    3 gifts one inscribed to me
    3 S/L's one on its way from David with the Dolso
    I also have a S/L page block & extra photos
    LOL MAtt do you love it? If I get rich I am going to buy you another couple buddy. That is hard work to get those... get LETTERED!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Holy Crap! Look what I got in today! Did anybody know they were being shipped? Even got my #186! Whoo-Hoo! I like the different color signature pages and different color signatures for each edition. Also really like the 50's style art. The only thing missing? A slipcase, or slipcases ... of course. I'm thinking of a very cool Dolso case!

Yeah, SubPress is pretty stingy when it comes to slipcases for some reason. I'm always disappointed when I receive a book that was advertised with a slipcase and it's completely plain with no text (The Windup Girl or Deathbird Stories), is a multi-book set like yours and doesn't have one, or is such a nice production in general, that it should come with one (the Hyperion books com to mind). Just a shame SP doesn't put a little more effort into them is all.

Either way, congrats of the set! They're nice looking books.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Design and artwork is top notch. $180 for what is basically three trades with author's initials, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I got a shipping notice in my email but haven't gotten them in the mail yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Those look nice. Congratulations George!

[QUOTE=George at C-Springs;856096]Holy Crap! Look what I got in today! Did anybody know they were being shipped? Even got my #186! Whoo-Hoo! I like the different color signature pages and different color signatures for each edition. Also really like the 50's style art. The only thing missing? A slipcase, or slipcases ... of course. I'm thinking of a very cool Dolso case!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Got this today.

Haven't seen any on Ebay. Are they common?

Nick
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Got this today.

Haven't seen any on Ebay. Are they common?

Nick
    Huh, I actually won one of these back when, Matt was running the Haven Fundraiser. I got the trade 1/1 and it was signed by King. It was actually my very first signed King edition!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen an ARC on eBay.....or, anywhere else I don't think.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

They come around once in a while.....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have that one. I'd say they're fairly scarce.

John

Good to know.

Thank you John!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I don't have that one. I'd say they're fairly scarce.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

1 more down, 90 to go...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That one looks to be in great shape!

John

Excellent packing job on my new P&J:

Oops.
    Seller is being a bitch and insisting his packaging was adequate and this is USPS' fault so I should just file an insurance claim. eBay will no doubt have to resolve this one way or the other, as it appears the POS seller won't do the right thing.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    1 more down, 90 to go...

I want it.
    Please give it to me.
    It is the right thing to do.
    You know you want to.

(I am jealous - great acquisition! Which 90 others are you referring to? It's such a specific number)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Oops.
    Seller is being a bitch and insisting his packaging was adequate and this is USPS' fault so I should just file an insurance claim. eBay will no doubt have to resolve this one way or the other, as it appears the POS seller won't do the right thing.
    What was the damage? It looks okay, but it was bumped?

That is a bad packing job, no doubt.

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Oops.
    Was the sellers name antpablo69? I'm asking because I had an eerily similar experience with my gift ed. Insomnia. Only difference was that there were 2 sandwich bags thrown on top for good measure. The seller insisted that he packaged the book sufficiently. He did, however, eventually refund me half the cost of the book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    1 more down, 90 to go...

I want it.
    Please give it to me.
    It is the right thing to do.
    You know you want to.

(I am jealous - great acquisition! Which 90 others are you referring to? It's such a specific number)
    Thanks! But if it's okay with you, I think I will keep this one for myself! Ha ha. To answer your question though, I recently decided to focus on ARC's since I'm pretty much complete with my collection of 1sts.

The 90 number was actually an estimate of how many more ARC's I need. I know it's more than 90 and less than 100. That's for a complete collection. Or as complete as I could hope to get it. I already have 45 different ARC's including this one. But there's still 90+ out there in both US and UK ARC's/proofs.

A bit long-winded but that's what I was meaning in my post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 763 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 263 663 713 753 761 762 763 764 765 773 813 863 1263 ... LastLast