Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 267 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Discussion topic:
    I've noticed the gap between the mainstream fan of film and the die-hard film fanatic is getting wider and wider. Does anybody else experience this with friends and family?

I'm starting to wonder if the current state of Hollywood and the kinds of films it's creating are breeding a more mainstream audience.

Respectfully, you think about this stuff way too much. It's just movies. Go, enjoy, eat some popcorn and come back for more!!! LOL LOL No disrespect intended, my friend

It's... a forum for movie discussion...

... in a thread about General Movie Discussion... I'm trying to have a discussion. I worked 14 hours today. Just trying to generate some movie talk. Plus, I've run into two people this week that have never heard of Leonardo DiCaprio. That may not alarm you, but it alarms me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Discussion topic:
    I've noticed the gap between the mainstream fan of film and the die-hard film fanatic is getting wider and wider. Does anybody else experience this with friends and family?

I'm starting to wonder if the current state of Hollywood and the kinds of films it's creating are breeding a more mainstream audience.

Respectfully, you think about this stuff way too much. It's just movies. Go, enjoy, eat some popcorn and come back for more!!! LOL LOL No disrespect intended, my friend

It's... a forum for movie discussion...

... in a thread about General Movie Discussion... I'm trying to have a discussion. I worked 14 hours today. Just trying to generate some movie talk. Plus, I've run into two people this week that have never heard of Leonardo DiCaprio. That may not alarm you, but it alarms me.

I was simply fooling with you, my friend. Carry on, my bad. Only trying to make you smile a bit. My apologies.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the Indiana Jones franchise, but the last film really left a bad taste in my mouth. I was really hyped for that film, mainly because I spent the day in downtown New Haven watching the crew shoot a bunch of scenes. At the end of the day, the film was a letdown.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I fall in the camp of "I didn't hate it" I didn't love it either though. I think (for me) it's probably about on par with Temple of Doom. Probably a controversial opinion, but I also didn't really go into it with very high expectations.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I fall in the camp of "I didn't hate it" I didn't love it either though. I think (for me) it's probably about on par with Temple of Doom. Probably a controversial opinion, but I also didn't really go into it with very high expectations.
    Oh man Temple of Doom was amazing! And the last Indy could have been better but Shia Lebeuf ruined it for me....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I loved Temple Of Doom! Just watched it the other day.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I always thought, TOD was the weakest of the original trilogy. However it was way better than "The Crystal Skull", I'd have to say. TOD did have it's moments though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As an 80's kid, I loved Temple of Doom. I think I saw it first in fact.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Temple of Doom is in that so bad it's fantastic category. Production wise, I think it's superior to RotLA and TLC, but between Shrieky McGee and it's overall cheesiness, I can see why people wouldn't like it. Come on, Indiana bitch slapping that little Asian kid is one of my favourite movie scenes. There just is enough grizzled white men beating minority children in film anymore lol. I do like its unique blend of horror, adventure, and comedy quite a lot. Khalimah...KAHLIMAH!!!!!

I am sure people would think I am crazy, but Raiders of the Lost Ark is my least favourite of the original. It's still great, but it lacks that campy charm of ToD and Sean Connery.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're crazy and there are definitely some campy moments in the first if that is what you want.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Temple of Doom is in that so bad it's fantastic category. Production wise, I think it's superior to RotLA and TLC, but between Shrieky McGee and it's overall cheesiness, I can see why people wouldn't like it. Come on, Indiana bitch slapping that little Asian kid is one of my favourite movie scenes. There just is enough grizzled white men beating minority children in film anymore lol. I do like its unique blend of horror, adventure, and comedy quite a lot. Khalimah...KAHLIMAH!!!!!

I am sure people would think I am crazy, but Raiders of the Lost Ark is my least favourite of the original. It's still great, but it lacks that campy charm of ToD and Sean Connery.
    Totally agree with this!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

The thing for me is that most people had Indian Jones built up so much in their head, that when Crystal Skull came out they where let down. For me the Indian Jones movies have always just been fun movies. So since I had no expectations for Crystal Skull I wasn't really let down by it when it came out.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark semi recently for the first time and was shocked at how cheesy it was. I know it was made in the early 80s but it wasn't at all what I had been expecting.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sicario 2 is happening. Unexpectedly great news. They better get Denis Villenueve to direct it or I'm not as excited.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016...nd-josh-brolin

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark semi recently for the first time and was shocked at how cheesy it was. I know it was made in the early 80s but it wasn't at all what I had been expecting.
    Raiders is the worst of the first 3 for me. I loved the second the most... it could play today to all audiences! The 3rd just had a sort of charm to it... Connery was amazing in it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I may have told this story here before the short version is that sometime back in the early 90's I rented two VHS movies. One from Block Buster and one from Hollywood Video. When I returned them I accidentally switched the cases around. BB caught it and gave me back the video for HV. When I went to HV to get the BB movie they could not find it. Short story shorter, it turned out that they literally checked it in, put it back on their shelves and somebody else rented it. All with the wrong movie in the case! I never patronized their store again and felt quite vindicated when they went out of business in my town.

BB followed some years later. I remember the last time I went in to my BB. I picked up a game, realized they wanted like $10+ to rent it for one night, put it back down and walked out.

We actually have a Family Video in my area. There is one in my town and 2 others that are just a short drive away. They've been around for a long time and are typically pretty busy on weekends. So there is definitely still a market for video rental stores. I never realized Family Videos were so wide spread though.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just thinking the other day that I missed Blockbuster (but not the prices). I love Netflix (and Redbox is great for price and speed), but miss being able to wander around and see what was new, etc. Just like going to Barnes & Noble, sometimes browsing is part of the fun.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Screw Blockbuster. I'm glad they're gone. I've mentioned it before, but nobody did more to destroy mom and pop video stores (including the one my parents owned) than Blockbuster.

Any town they came into, the small guy literally had no chance to compete. I'm glad things like Netflix and Redbox destroyed them in return. They got what they deserved.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe not blockbuster but I do miss the video stores! I bought a VCR two years back for my girls and they love it!
    Video's are like50c each and can't get scratched... Its great.
    Also, just watched bad words, good film! Bad grandpa, great film and bad teacher, wow Diaz is hot!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Maybe not blockbuster but I do miss the video stores! I bought a VCR two years back for my girls and they love it!
    Video's are like50c each and can't get scratched... Its great.
    Also, just watched bad words, good film! Bad grandpa, great film and bad teacher, wow Diaz is hot!
    Indeed. VHS tapes are so cheap right now. The best ones are the Disney ones with those massive cases. Remember though, they can't be scratched, but tape will degrade with time depending on how they are stored. Make sure they aren't in a warm place and make sure they are standing on their spine.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

YEA! ...and you don't have to put up with those black bars on the top & bottom of the screen or that annoying sound that keep coming from the back of the room.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But I still throw popcorn at them.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Just went down to my old VHS collection wall & guess what I found?

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 267 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 ... LastLast