Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 267 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 6657

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Amen, bro! Finally finished or extremely close to finishing this fucking report, so I'll be out celebrating and geeking off tomorrow! Can I get a 'HELL YEAH!'?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Also, I can't freakin' wait to see Pacific Rim tomorrow from my boy Del Toro!

bears want!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Amen, bro! Finally finished or extremely close to finishing this fucking report, so I'll be out celebrating and geeking off tomorrow! Can I get a 'HELL YEAH!'?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    looks like I'll have to watch Django anyway, to know what everyone is talking about
    It's a fantastic fable (or maybe a fabulous fantasy) about a slave taking revenge on the plantation system. Literally.
    Basically, it is a quintessentially American method for emotional closure concerning the historical institution of slavery -- shooting at it in a movie.
    plus it has the original Django actor

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

okay, so i was recently asked for my view on Pacific Rim by a friend and i just replied the closest thing to a live action Neon Genesis Evangelion film we'll more than likely ever see, he didn't get what i meant so i told him to watch the series and not Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion (thats where i made the mistake of starting it)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

looks like I'll have to watch Django anyway, to know what everyone is talking about
    It's a fantastic fable (or maybe a fabulous fantasy) about a slave taking revenge on the plantation system. Literally.
    Basically, it is a quintessentially American method for emotional closure concerning the historical institution of slavery -- shooting at it in a movie.
    This pretty much sums it up exactly. And there was some really great acting in it, but the story was just all over the damn place, even nonsensical in places. Also, I love how Django is all
    Spoiler:
    "I must rescue my wife" until Schwartz says, "Want to be a bounty hunter with me for a season?" and then he totally forgets about her for months. What the hell? He even says he thinks she's being used as a sex slave, which, I don't know, maybe you want to rescue her as soon as fucking possible?!

I don't know if that really needed spoiler marks, but just in case.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know I'm late to the discussion but I love Tarantino. He's hands down my favorite director. I love everything about his films. The one thing I didn't see anyone mention here yet was his use music. It's one of my favorite aspects of his films. Also like other people already mentioned, I think he's one of the best when it comes to writing dialog. That and I love his style. I get lost watching his films.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't have a Tarantino discussion without me and Heather adding our 2 cents. I will echo Heather's sentiments. QT mixes music into his films better than any director working today. He really has a great feel for it.

He's also one of the best writers of dialogue around. Also, the pacing of his films are usually great. I know a lot of people thought Basterds and Django were long, but I didn't feel it. I've said it before and I will say it again, the thing that I love about Tarantino's films is that they have a distinct feel to them. There is a very small handful of directors that have such an identifiable look and feel to their work.

I totally understand why QT isn't for everybody. I will say this though, if you are a male over the age of 18 and you haven't seen a Tarantino film, there might be a problem.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

seems that an X-Force movie is in the works, but i wonder how dark they'll make it

http://nerdapproved.com/movies/an-x-...s/#more-102339

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

X-Force is just the comic for boys who think that growing up means watching Tarantino.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

X-Force is just the comic for boys who think that growing up means watching Tarantino.
    I can't help but think that was directed towards me. Oh well, I choose not to be take it in a negative way. I could be wrong, but I literally just posted a comment stating that every male over the age of 18 should watch Tarantino films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I do like Tarantino's use of music in films. I will say that the best use of music in either film or television that I've ever seen is Life on Mars (UK) - seriously, there are so many great, memorable scenes that stick out because of how well the music's placed in virtually every single episode, including Live and Let Die, Ballroom Blitz and of course Life on Mars?, but Tarantino's use of music has come very close to matching it. The opening credits to Reservoir Dogs has always been a favourite of mine.

Sounds like my kind of comic, then.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know this will not happen but I would love an X-Force movie with a lot of the original characters (early 90s). It was a mix of New Mutants and mercenaries recruited by Cable and they were always at odds with the regular X-Men and just about everyone else. Some of the characters, like Siryn (and her dad, Banshee), have already been introduced.

Country
    Country Flag

apparently the person who's writing the X-Force script is the director of Kick-Ass 2 and on another note they've cast Bishop in Days of Future Past and apparently Warpath

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone recommend a genuinely scary horror film? I know different things scare different people, but I haven't been able to find any good and scary horror films recently.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

El Orfanato

Country
    Country Flag

just found out that Neil Gaiman will be in Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Can anyone recommend a genuinely scary horror film? I know different things scare different people, but I haven't been able to find any good and scary horror films recently.
    I'm pretty sure I've recommended my scariest films to you before. I'm the same, where very little actually scares me. I'll recommend Frailty since I don't think I have before. Not necessarily outright horror, but I think you'll like it. Also Eskalofrío (Shiver). It's been forever since I saw it, but I think it had some scary moments in it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

El Orfanato
    See, I didn't find that too scary. More like suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've recommended my scariest films to you before. I'm the same, where very little actually scares me. I'll recommend Frailty since I don't think I have before. Not necessarily outright horror, but I think you'll like it. Also Eskalofrío (Shiver). It's been forever since I saw it, but I think it had some scary moments in it.
    You haven't recommended Frailty before, but it's actually in my Netflix queue (and I just added Shiver)!

And yes, I think very little can top Ils for scares.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

El Orfanato
    See, I didn't find that too scary. More like suspense.
    it's the only movie that actually scared me out of my wits. Now that I am temporarily home alone, I don't even want to think of it.

Country
    Country Flag

the latest 'news' on The Crow reboot

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...riginal-comic/

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw a movie a few months back that was pretty good. I am not sure it would be considered horror because it felt like a documentary but you know it isn't. It was called The Troll Hunter, it is a Norwegian film. The thing about this movie is that some movie makers could take a few lessons from this film maker about how to make a film look like a documentary and still entertain you. The movies I am talking about are Blair Witch Project and the recent Paranormal Activity movies.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I'll check it out!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

John F. Kennedy Dead Man is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    the latest 'news' on The Crow reboot

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...riginal-comic/
    While The Crow is dated I thought it was pretty good. That being said the movie missed some good things. One of my favorite comic drawings is from it the Attrition frame. I have always wondered about Lynch's cowboy from Mulholland if it drew inspiration from O'Barr.

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post

I saw a movie a few months back that was pretty good. I am not sure it would be considered horror because it felt like a documentary but you know it isn't. It was called The Troll Hunter, it is a Norwegian film. The thing about this movie is that some movie makers could take a few lessons from this film maker about how to make a film look like a documentary and still entertain you. The movies I am talking about are Blair Witch Project and the recent Paranormal Activity movies.
    Troll Hunter was a great film. I loved it.

And Ricky, Frailty isn't at all scary, its more dark. I think you'll enjoy it though. Let me know when you watch it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Try "The Conjuring" it was surprisingly good. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 267 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast