Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Oh man that looks fantastic too.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OMG OMG OMG. Now that looks unreal. I'm gonna say it here first... The new DC Universe will be so much better than Marvels!!!! The dark tone is exactly what we need. Can't wait for this!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    OMG OMG OMG. Now that looks unreal. I'm gonna say it here first... The new DC Universe will be so much better than Marvels!!!! The dark tone is exactly what we need. Can't wait for this!!!
    I really like the dark tone. I probably wouldn't go for better though. It'll mostly just be nice to have something different. Contrast is a good thing if they held the same tone, we'd get tired of super hero movies real quick.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, agree. ^

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Suicide Squad teaser is amazing. It confirms Batman will be in it (and it looks like Joker may make a cameo in BvS), Harley looks absolutely incredibly insane, and Leto looks like a great Joker. Definitely my most anticipated movie of 2016!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I really like the dark tone. I probably wouldn't go for better though. It'll mostly just be nice to have something different. Contrast is a good thing if they held the same tone, we'd get tired of super hero movies real quick.
    AGREED. This is the way to make these movies... dark......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark is okay if it fits the tone of the story and the characters. Making a film dark just for the sake of it is not a good idea.. it won't make sense for all the DC characters.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Dark is okay if it fits the tone of the story and the characters. Making a film dark just for the sake of it is not a good idea.. it won't make sense for all the DC characters.
    It does for Batman. And Sucide. And I think it will work with Superman too. So sick of Marvels happy crappy light hearted General-admission movies. I have high hopes for DC.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

DC is more than just Batman and Superman though. They should not try to force the same template on every other hero. A dark Green Lantern or Flash will feel forced.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito

^Agreed. Shazam, for example.
    Unless they went all "Miracle Man" with it, but that's pretty much what they did with MOS...

I don't think we'll see Dark out of Shazam. The cast The Rock, who I really don't see not bringing some comedy to the roll. As far as The Flash and Green Lantern goes, it's really hard to say. I don't really know much about who they cast to play Flash and they haven't really announced anything for Green Lantern yet. I do think them setting up a darker tone for the world is a good thing though. The movies themselves don't have to all be dark and gritty, but I really like them taking a completely different approach than Marvel has been.

All that said we still don't even know if Shazam is going to be in the same continuity, the rumor had been floating around for awhile that it wasn't going to tie in with the rest of the movies. Personally I think it will be in the same continuity, though it may not cross over. I also think give the premise of Shazam and the fact that The Rock is in it, it'll probably be an entirely different tone from just about anything we've seen from either Marvel or DC.

Country
    Country Flag

DC is more than just Batman and Superman though. They should not try to force the same template on every other hero. A dark Green Lantern or Flash will feel forced.
    True to a point but I think that would be a refreshing look. While I like the TV version of Flash.. I think a darker version would be well received.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Anyone else notice in that Suicide Squad trailer that Cara Delevingne's Enchantress is never seen with the rest of the squad and find that bit strange. Makes me wonder if her character is actually on the squad or she's maybe a villain or something.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's possible. She has played both heroine and villainess in the DC universe.

It's possible. She has played both heroine and villainess in the DC universe.
    Yea I mostly just thought it was odd that she wasn't in any of the group shots, and I am having a hard time believing the Joker is actually going to be the main villain.

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler Seasick Pirate will become famous soon enough Seasick Pirate's Avatar

That Batman vs Superman has renewed my faith in that movie. Suicide Squad— not so much.

I was not a fan of Man of Steel at all. I left the theater feeling the opposite of impressed. Not what I wanted from a Superman movie at all (aesthetically or story-wise). It looks like they're using this movie to correct/explain what they did wrong in the last movie.

I'm will not a fan of Batman Begins. But it was obvious for me that they were setting up something larger. I don't feel that way with Man of Steel. I feel it was made in haste to compete with Marvel. Hopefully this film will justify it nonetheless.

From the title and trailer, I've got my fingers crossed that only the first half will actually be Batman vs Superman (both misunderstanding each other's attentions), and the later half being the dawn of "Justice" (with Supe's and the Bat teaming up and acknowledging they're fighting on the same team, while still glaring at each other from across the room).

Suicide Squad looks as good as it sounds. But I was hoping for something better. I get that Batman has already defeated these goons, but I do not see them being any threat to a Batman I want to know. My hope is that this Joker is simply an imposter with the real one yet to be seen. And Will Smith seems to be playing himself instead of the character.

I'll hold off my final judgements until after I see them, but it doesn't look like I'll be rushing to the theater to see Suicide Squad.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW I just don't think, DC has the chops to compete on the same scale as Marvel. They may do well, but not like Marvel IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    FWIW I just don't think, DC has the chops to compete on the same scale as Marvel. They may do well, but not like Marvel IMHO
    I actually think quite the opposite. I feel like the universe that DC is setting up here has the potential to be much better than Marvels. My big problem with the Marvel movies is that the villains are so lack luster and fairly uninteresting. DC has such good villains.

As to to the Suicide Squad, we have to remember that the Suicide Squad's members have pretty much always been B or C villains. These aren't your typical big bad guys, they are the guys that get caught easily. With maybe the exception of Deadshot. At the end of the day though this was a Teaser trailer, and Amanda Waller had more lines in it than the rest of the cast combined. I'm basing most of what I feel about this movie of off the look and feel, and I really think they nailed it. I know a lot of people have a strong aversion to Jared Leto's joker, but I think (if you can get past the tattoos) more like the Joker from the comics than any of the previous Jokers have. Mostly though this is really just a teaser trailer they never intended to show anyone outside of comic con.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I actually think quite the opposite. I feel like the universe that DC is setting up here has the potential to be much better than Marvels. My big problem with the Marvel movies is that the villains are so lack luster and fairly uninteresting. DC has such good villains.

As to to the Suicide Squad, we have to remember that the Suicide Squad's members have pretty much always been B or C villains. These aren't your typical big bad guys, they are the guys that get caught easily. With maybe the exception of Deadshot. At the end of the day though this was a Teaser trailer, and Amanda Waller had more lines in it than the rest of the cast combined. I'm basing most of what I feel about this movie of off the look and feel, and I really think they nailed it. I know a lot of people have a strong aversion to Jared Leto's joker, but I think (if you can get past the tattoos) more like the Joker from the comics than any of the previous Jokers have. Mostly though this is really just a teaser trailer they never intended to show anyone outside of comic con.
    I 100% agree with everything you said. Sucide Squad will be AMAZING... the trailer was a 10/10 for me. I think DC knows what to do after watching Marvel over the last few years. Marvel paved the way but by doing so has taught DC everything they need to know to make a killer universe. I cannot wait.... a more "serious" tone when it comes to the bad guys is great... the way to go for sure. No more campy-ness! VERY excited to see the next few years of films from them for sure
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I think Suicide Squad will be great, could be the best superhero movie of 2016 even. And I hope they can do more of them. I would love to see more of Harley on the big screen.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think Suicide Squad will be great, could be the best superhero movie of 2016 even. And I hope they can do more of them. I would love to see more of Harley on the big screen.
    I think it will be great too... and yes the best of 2016.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast