Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 130 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I swear I haven't watched that trailer about 5 or 6 times, as well as look at a frame by frame breakdown...

edit: for those that are interested here's that frame by frame I was looking at http://imgur.com/a/LZeRY
    I can only imagine how boring that frame by frame breakdown is...the trailer doesn't really give us any information in the first place. It must be like 40 mins of pure speculation and conjecture.

Is it so difficult to just wait for the movie? Do we need frame by frame breakdowns of trailers? Its what, less than sixty days until it is out? This level of Fandom is beyond me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In this day and age where fans go into a frenzy over every morsel of information, and where that hunger is satiated instantaneously by social media.. with Star Wars being quite possibly the premiere blockbuster series of our time, are you really that surprised?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We were just discussing this exact thing on another message board. We were trying to come up with a fan-base that even comes close to comparing with SW fans. There really isn't one.

It's great.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    In this day and age where fans go into a frenzy over every morsel of information, and where that hunger is satiated instantaneously by social media.. with Star Wars being quite possibly the premiere blockbuster series of our time, are you really that surprised?
    I'm not surprised...just, stupefied. No matter how much you analyze eacb and every frame of each and every trailer, it will not change the movie. If you've watched the trailer a hundred times or zero, the movie is the exact same. Fans commend them for releasing trailers that dont tell them the story, and then tRy to figure out the story. Whether you figured out the plot or not, the plot will not change.

All this hype machine will do is mask an averaGe film because everyone is high on nostalgia, or they will not like it because no effort can possibly match the expectations in their heads: see Prometheus. I avoid hype machines like the Plague. I never even watched a Prometheus trailer and I really liked the movie. Then again, I avoid all trailers if I can...most of the time, unless I'm in a theatre, I don't watch any. I like pure ignorance when I watch a film to just let it hit me.

I do like the Star Wars trailers avoided giving much away, but because I'm a soulless bastard, they still haven't wowed me. I really wanted to see something new, and the while I love the classic look, the trailers are so purposely "were trying Really hard to feel like ANH" I'm left thinking 'Thats great and all, but show me this will be a NEW direction for the franchise'. I don't want same old same old, and they haven't showed me that yet.

I'm a very jaded Star Wars fan after the prequels.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fortunately, at my age and current health, every time I view a trailer it is the first time again!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gueermo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I'm not surprised...just, stupefied. No matter how much you analyze eacb and every frame of each and every trailer, it will not change the movie. If you've watched the trailer a hundred times or zero, the movie is the exact same. Fans commend them for releasing trailers that dont tell them the story, and then tRy to figure out the story. Whether you figured out the plot or not, the plot will not change.

All this hype machine will do is mask an averaGe film because everyone is high on nostalgia, or they will not like it because no effort can possibly match the expectations in their heads: see Prometheus. I avoid hype machines like the Plague. I never even watched a Prometheus trailer and I really liked the movie. Then again, I avoid all trailers if I can...most of the time, unless I'm in a theatre, I don't watch any. I like pure ignorance when I watch a film to just let it hit me.

I do like the Star Wars trailers avoided giving much away, but because I'm a soulless bastard, they still haven't wowed me. I really wanted to see something new, and the while I love the classic look, the trailers are so purposely "were trying Really hard to feel like ANH" I'm left thinking 'Thats great and all, but show me this will be a NEW direction for the franchise'. I don't want same old same old, and they haven't showed me that yet.

I'm a very jaded Star Wars fan after the prequels.
    Aren't you contradicting yourself by saying that you avoid hype and trailers like the plague, yet wanted the trailers to show you something new??

You're thinking about this too much. The hype leading up to an event is part of the experience. It's just like sports.. you can watch replay of the previous win a thousand times, and read all the interviews midweek, yet none of that will matter come game time, but you still watch them, right?

Just embrace the frenzy and hope that maybe, just maybe, you'll have a good time at the theaters.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

It's not really about hype for me. I actually don't have a lot of faith in JJ Abrams. I just really like Star Wars a lot, and dissecting trailers for movies like this and the Marvel movies is something I like to do. I like to figure out how much of the plot I can guess before the movie comes out. It's kinda a game. It's not about trying to change the plot of the movie, in fact I actually prefer it when I don't manage to guess the whole thing. It's the sign of a bad trailer when you can figure out the whole movie / the ending. Though I'm pretty sure the story arc for the first maybe 20 minutes of Rey and Finn's arcs are in the trailers.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

So when they said there wouldn't be more trailers, I guess what they meant was that there wouldn't be more trailers for the US market.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, Dan. A few tasty additional morsels!!! Can't wait for this to be released!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL Waffles are pancakes with Abs!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody got all goosebumpy from that supercut?

Also:

I see I'm not the only one that watches Collider. I liked it, I still wanna make that cut that tries to piece everything into where it goes in the movie though.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn! That mash up video was great! So excited about this. I bought 12.01am tickets for my brother in law and two nephews to go see it all together. i think it will add to the atmosphere seeing it with 10 & 11 year olds who have a different perspective on the series, being they watched them EP1-6.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I sure did, Pablo!!! I actually caught it on the Ain't it cool news" site before I saw it posted here.

May the Force be with all of us!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Couple extra seconds of new footage/dialogue here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ti...ature=youtu.be
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one here absolutely refusing to watch any of these trailers?
    I want to be completely surprised come December...

sk

Country
    Country Flag

As much as they've shown, we still don't really know much if anything about the story.

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Personally I just love movie trailers. Though with all the new footage and all the interviews, I'm starting to think they may be letting a little too much out. Though I'll probably continue to watch everything. That said I'm pretty positive that everything they've shown is from the first act of the movie, and even with that it's still not really giving away too many story plot points. Though there's a few you can probably piece together.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Personally I just love movie trailers. Though with all the new footage and all the interviews, I'm starting to think they may be letting a little too much out. Though I'll probably continue to watch everything. That said I'm pretty positive that everything they've shown is from the first act of the movie, and even with that it's still not really giving away too many story plot points. Though there's a few you can probably piece together.

J.J. don't play dat shit!!! LOL You can rest assured he has not given the plot away in the trailers. Also, from what I have seen posted around the internet, the advance reviews of those who have had the film screened for them is way over the top with joy!!! Can't wait to see this!!! Here are two articles you may find interesting....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73710

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73712
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 130 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast