Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
Yes, the show's a bit different in tone, but, depending where you are now, it gets very much closer to that Clone Wars tone, a bit darker and more exciting, less kiddish. On the plus side, the seasons are shorter (12-15 episodes, as opposed to 20+), so it should be a much faster watch. The show starts about 5 years before A New Hope (there are 19 years between Episodes 3 and 4), and I love how it fleshes out and sets up the Rebel Alliance, and then leads into Episode 4 (by the way, cool little piece of lore, but these characters were present at the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One, you can see their ship in one of the shots). I was always curious how the rebels came to be and this gets into that, with some classic characters making appearances. And yes, we get information about the Inquisitors and, honestly, so much more. I say, keep going. Just need to accept it's not another season of Clone Wars, it definitely has a different feel, but I do believe it is essential. If only because the upcoming Ahsoka show sounds like will be a direct continuation of Rebels, with some of the returning cast and storylines.
I'm probably on episode 10 and there is only 15 episodes in the first season. Looks like 22 for seasons 2&3 and 15 for the final season. Like I said, it needs to get better or it's going to be a painful next couple of weeks trying to get those down.
You're right, for some reason I thought they were shorter. Maybe because I binged them in pretty quick succession. Season 1 does pick up quite a bit toward the end. Let me know your feelings once you watch the season finale.