Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 130 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure I will get flamed here, but I kinda enjoyed them ALL, with the possible exception of "Phantom Menace". No argument the first 3 were the best, except maybe the "Ewoks", but overall I enjoyed the whole series as great Sci-Fi.

Let the flaming begin!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sure I will get flamed here, but I kinda enjoyed them ALL, with the possible exception of "Phantom Menace". No argument the first 3 were the best, except maybe the "Ewoks", but overall I enjoyed the whole series as great Sci-Fi.
    No flaming from me. [Whisper mode] From a storyline point of view, I actually prefer the prequels! [/Whisper mode] I loved that whole thing with
    Spoiler:
    Darth Sidious playing two sides against each other to instate himself as Emperor
    , while the storyline of the original trilogy was pretty basic.... although not bad at all. Return of the Jedi even had the same basic structure as the first film! (The Tatooine stuff was brilliant though, and I really liked the film overall.)

Don't get me wrong, I think the prequels are extremely flawed. I much preferred the acting in the original trilogy. It was a bit cheesy in places, but at least the actors got stuck in, while the actors in the prequels just seemed to be speaking lines a lot of the time. (I'm not sure why that is, as these actors are actually very good in other films. Direction? Not enough takes?) And Anakin's turn to the dark side in the last film seemed to happen too fast too soon. I thought his motivation made sense, but it should have been paced better. He was also rather annoying as a character.

Please note, I'm not saying the prequels were better films overall, but I found much to like in them. Unfortunately much of it wasn't the stuff concerning Anakin himself.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Maybe if I could STAND Hayden Christensen as Anakin, I would have liked the prequels more... but I HATED him!!!!
    I also disliked how lame Padme's character became through the 3 movies... started out strong and then just became lame-o. "Oh, Anakin! Oh, Anakin!" blah blah blah
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I truly think the biggest problem was the director. Lucas should have farmed them out like he did Empire and Return. I think the result would have been a better, tighter prequel trilogy.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

that is possible

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I also disliked how lame Padme's character became through the 3 movies... started out strong and then just became lame-o. "Oh, Anakin! Oh, Anakin!" blah blah blah
    I somewhat agree. I think she had some cool stuff to do in Clones, (when she wasn't going all moony eyed over Anakin* and rolling around) particularly the spectacular arena scene where she makes her own escape, showing herself to be a strong woman even without the Jedi powers, (And Anakin and Obi-wan were busy bickering while she made her getaway.) Taking that character into consideration, it just didn't match with her ending did it? Annoying thing is, it wouldn't have taken much writing to change that. Besides it somewhat clashed with what Leia tells Luke concerning her mother in Return of the Jedi. I think I read somewhere that Lucas believes Leia was in fact referring to her adoptive mother, so technically it's not a contradiction, but this needn't have been the case.

*Example in question (not quoted exactly. This comes through my Brainslung filter):
    Anakin: "I killed them all!** And not just the men! The women and children! I HATE THEM!"
    Padme: There, there! To anger is to be human.

**Referring to the Sand-people after he got a bit choppy following the death of his mother.

I guess he had to weaken Padme in order for her to "die of a broken heart" (puke)

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

there have been some debate on this commercial the past couple of days...i thought it was cute....others are bashing it saying they should have used a different type of "Jedi" not a "Sith."

Does whatever a spiderman does.

well, I LOVE IT!

It has to be him, not a different jedi. You need the mask, not just some kid, and you need the music.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    there have been some debate on this commercial the past couple of days...i thought it was cute....others are bashing it saying they should have used a different type of "Jedi" not a "Sith."
    Logically, I can understand why fans argue that considering that in the films, Vader can already do the TK thing well, while Luke (in Empire anyway, I can't remember him doing that in the first film and in Jedi he'd got that trick sussed) had to concentrate hard to do that. I think those people are just analysing it too hard though. It's humorous after all.

I agree with Odetta. We get the reference and the mask is what makes it more funny. Otherwise it would just be a kid in robe.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

People are over thinking that commercial, its just a kid who thinks he has the force, I thought it was hilarious.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

gee... people overthinking anything to do with Star Wars? I couldn't imagine!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya thats never happened before
    HAN SHOT FIRST!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE IT!!!!

The music totally makes that commercial!!!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

it was one of my favorite commercials during the Superbowl. My nephew would have totally done that at that age also...he loves star wars...

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay. I like all the movies. Hell, i even like the Clone Wars tv show. i have the majority of the books too. I credit Star Wars for my undying of love movies and books. The first novel I ever bought for myself was Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire. Hell, the first soundtrack i ever bought was Star Wars. Are the prequels perfect? No. But they sure are entertaining.

P.S. Empire Strikes Back is in my opinion the best of all the movies. It had the best story the best acting and the best ending.

also Han shot first
    If you love me then love me..

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Okay. I like all the movies. Hell, i even like the Clone Wars tv show. i have the majority of the books too. I credit Star Wars for my undying of love movies and books. The first novel I ever bought for myself was Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire. Hell, the first soundtrack i ever bought was Star Wars. Are the prequels perfect? No. But they sure are entertaining.

P.S. Empire Strikes Back is in my opinion the best of all the movies. It had the best story the best acting and the best ending.

also Han shot first
    I've yet to watch the Clone Wars, the CGI one at least (although I love the 2d version), but I've gotta agree with almost everything here, especially with ESB being the best and the prequels being at least entertaining. Especially Revenge, watched that 3 times when that was released. Sure, it kinda rushed Anakin's fall to the dark side, but da-yamn, did it have great lightsaber battles! And the moment the mask came down on Anakin and you hear the first breath still sends shivers down my spine.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post

also Han shot first
    I've yet to watch the Clone Wars, the CGI one at least (although I love the 2d version), but I've gotta agree with almost everything here, especially with ESB being the best and the prequels being at least entertaining. Especially Revenge, watched that 3 times when that was released. Sure, it kinda rushed Anakin's fall to the dark side, but da-yamn, did it have great lightsaber battles! And the moment the mask came down on Anakin and you hear the first breath still sends shivers down my spine.
    I totally agree. The story was definitely rushed, but the final battle between Anakin and Obi Wan was awesome.

I wonder just how different episodes 4 to 6 would have been had Lucas started from episode 1. SInce the whole story is truly Anakin's journey from good to evil to good, I would dare say those 3 episodes would have been done very differently considering how little Darth Vader really is shown in those movies.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Blu-ray Anyone? I've already pre-ordered off amazon.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I still need a blu-ray player. Although i'm planning to save up for one for my birthday, at least. Or maybe for one that has internet access before the end of the month, so i can watch internet tv. Nevertheless, soon as i get one, pre-ordering the blu-ray Star Wars set is definitely top of the list!

Oh, and thought you guys might find this funny:
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's awesome.

This is one of the best things I've ever seen in my life.
    EVER.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh that's awesome!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

friend on facebook had that one once as his status...lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 130 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast