Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Beatles

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Default The Beatles

theres no thread on The Beatles here?! what are you all Emo?!

just kidding folks, but honestly, they deserve their own theard now dont they?

opening comments?

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The Beatles, compete only with Rush in terms od raw brilliance.

Pretty much rock and roll could have ceased, perfected with those two bands.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I was just about to go make a post about The Beatles in the music discussion thread. I have been in love with The Beatles for at least the past ten years. I've listened to their albums countless times, which is why I am surprised that I just noticed something tonight. I was listening to Maxwell's Silver Hammer, which is probably one of my favorite songs. The thing that hit me is what a morbidly happy song that is. I mean, I sing along every damn time, yet tonight I just realized how fucking demented Maxwell really is. I mean this guy is going around just killing everyone with his hammer, yet the song is the happiest fucking thing in the world. It's great...but odd. Especially when it gets to the "Whoa whoa whoa" at the end. It's so damn happy!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I just got the Beatles biography on CD (nine discs). Hope to listen to it pretty soon.

Yes, great band, although I'm not a fan of John Lennon. I wish him and Paul would have let George do more. Ringo, whatever. Maybe the most over rated drummer in history.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

awesome

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

John Lennon : 10/09/1940 - 12/08/1980

This is such a sad day for me.

Rest In Peace, John.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    John Lennon : 10/09/1940 - 12/08/1980

This is such a sad day for me.

Rest In Peace, John.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. John, it was all too short!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join in on this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...eatles-Edition
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 03-09-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love the Beatles more than any other band I think. Jimi Hendrix is my favorite musician, but I think the Beatles are my favorite band ever.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I am an Avid Beatle's fan, I have always especially loved the sarcastic nods by Douglas Adams in the Hitchikers Guide.........."The little Alien was hummimg a tune that would have allowed Paul McCartney to buy the Island of Wales" LOL LOL LOL

They are just sooooo integrated into our society and culture. I really don't think any other band has accomplished that to the same degree.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If you haven't seen "A Concert for George" yet, get it ... buy it. Filmed a year to the day from George Harrison's death, it was put together by Eric Clapton and "a few of his friends". They play all of George's music plus some others that he liked. Paul & Ringo play together on stage, first time since the Beatles broke up. Monty Python also makes an appearance. The DVD has two concerts, the entire full length concert uncut and thenone that's pared down and includes background material and such ... that's my favorite. Guys, this is an awesome concert; you'll cry when Ringo sings Photograph.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love the little nods in the Hitchhiker's Guide myself!

I make a point to sing at least one Beatle song a day...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I love the little nods in the Hitchhiker's Guide myself!

I make a point to sing at least one Beatle song a day...
    As do I!!!!! I usually end up with either "The End' or "A day in the life" for some reason!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't make a point of it... but... :ponders: ... just when was the last time that I went a WHOLE DAY without singing at least one Beatles song? ... :continues pondering: ...

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

for me, my favorite band since i was 5 or 6 years old way back in (1984) is 'The Beach Boys" i have TONS of Rare shit by them. RARE music i mean.

& yes i also love the band "the beatles" though these days people just nkow the beach boys hits. & that's a damn shame cause they did so much good music outisde of their hits. & i'm a bigger fan of them than i am of the beatles though i also love their music., i love how each group inspired brian wilson & paul & john to make pet sounds & Sgt. Pepper starting with Brian listening to "Rubber Soul" one nite while i think he was stoned out of his mind at a friends house. hence Pet sounds came about hence than sgt. pepper came about from that as well. both groups who were for a time on the same level in the 60's.

but i think pet sounds is the best album ever made with Sgt. Pepper being the 2nd album. but what can i say i guess i'm biased. he he. i never really thought of ringo being over-rated as a drummer., but i think his music is under rated. he's my favorite beatle. he did one disco album in the 70's & hasn't recovered since than.

& it's a decent album to be honest. it is a DAMN shame that almost all his albums are HARD as hell to find. yet you can find all of Lennon's album.

pretty much all of paul's. at least i think you can? i dunno about George's music i don't know it very well. & ringo only has like a certain number of album in print. & they are hard as HELL to find even if you find the ones in print. only his newer released in the last 3 years really. & that's to me sad. even if people think he' s over-rated people should be able to listen to all of his albums & not pay a hefy sum for his cd's. if they DO happen to find any of them ya know?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's a shame that Ringo's album's are hard to get, though no shame that John's are available. We're certainly fortunate that Ringo himself is still around. In the sixties, one interviewer was saying that Ringo had gotten super-lucky in having joined the band when he did; Lennon got cross over that and told him that if Ringo had never been in the Beatles, he still would have become famous.
    George Harrison was also a real treasure.
    And, yes, Brian Wilson = underrated virtuoso.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you. i think Brian wilson is a genius but maybe that's just me? he he on here anyways. so far anywys, he he anyways, as much as i hate on how Lennon said that. he prolly is right. cause look how many members the beatles had in the band before they became the famous fab four? hell even teh beach boys, fleetwood mac, & the Stones who i also love. have gone thorugh sometimes endless years it seems like where they rotate members well FM anyways, like someone changes underwear. he he.

& that's just to name a few. john mayall bluesbreakers has prolly the most to my knowledge anywys gone thorugh the most changes when it comes to band members. anywayas back to Lennon. in the anthology he also said that Ringo helped the band get fame before they got famous cause he was with Rory & The stormers i think was the name of the band? correct me if i'm wrong"? & he had a good name for himself by being in that band, even if they had never recoreded anything to my best of knowledge.

i dunno who is the most talented beatle to be honest, everyone who loves the beatles will each say either john or ringo etc.. so i say that each had their own style of writing. ringo & john were just late bloomers when it came to material. at least released material. & released wise Ringo hasn't really written THAT many songs by himself. like the other 3 have. he loves to work with friends on his music. & doesn't write that many that i know of songs

that people will love. not that his music is bad. it's NOT. it's just the other 3 got famous solo wise by writing their own material. some of it was good & some of it was bad. each member has done bad albums. ringo's newest one well his last one that came out last yeare "Y NOT" i just LOVED! but if he would get off his ass & write his own material a chore he hasn't done at least to my knowledge since the early 70's. his music may do better in the charts. IF it's any good of course. what do you think?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I don't make a point of it... but... :ponders: ... just when was the last time that I went a WHOLE DAY without singing at least one Beatles song? ... :continues pondering: ...
    same with bears

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe "when you're 64." LOL
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

wasn't Paul like 16 when he wrote that song? "When I"m 64" i believe it was the 1st song he ever wrote. i read that somewhere in some book i got from the libary when i was in high school funny story on that which i CHOOSE to think of it as funny. was i got this great book out of the libary my sopmore or junior year i forget which ok? i set the damn thing on my book bag.

it was report card day. i went up & got mine i turn back i wasn't gone a fucking second & the book was well GONE! i had to fucking pay like $25.00! for it. 2 or 3 years later i go back to the beatles section or rather music section cause i always checked to see IF the jackass would fucking return it. & they did. but the libary would NOT give me my money back. even though they got their book back. oh you need your reciept. oh whe the hell keeps them for 2 or 3 years? which was about the the time i found they had the book. i never did get to really read it cause it pissed me off & as you can tell STILL pisses me off.

+ Reply to Thread