Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from The Hateful Eight (Roadshow). I was hesitant at first thinking that it'd being gimmicky, but really enjoyed it (the experience and the film itself)! The overture was pretty cool, as was having an intermission for "thinking" time before the second part. (It actually reminded me a lot of Kill Bill, where Vol. 1 is mostly raising questions, and Vol. 2 answers them. Much like parts one and two of Hateful Eight.) If I'm being honest, though, I don't know that I really thought the 70mm looked better than digital. There were some instances where you could see small details and the bright scenery (part two looked better, it seemed, but then again I might've just been used to it at that point), but overall I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't known it was 70mm beforehand. I did like that it felt more special (an "experience") than just a regular release, though, and I'd definitely do it again. And my booklet, which is MUCH larger than I anticipated, has the Oswaldo centerfold.

As for the film, it's not quite at Kill Bill level for me (my favorite Tarantino), but it's probably in my top 3. And I definitely liked it better than Django Unchained. Loved the characters (especially Daisy), dialogue (obviously one of the best parts of a QT film), the laugh-out-loud humor, and pacing. It didn't drag like I thought it might (though it look longer to get to Minnie's than I thought).

Question:

Spoiler:
    So do we know what crime specifically Daisy committed? I thought that would end up being a big reveal. Was it just that she was part of the gang, and that was supposed to be a reveal?

I liked the ending with them deciding to hang her, but it seemed kind of abrupt. Wish they would've drug it out a little more. And I didn't really feel any connection between her and her brother, so their wrap-up left me a little unsatisfied.

Also:

Spoiler:
    RIP Six-Horse Judy. I knew you were too happy for QT to let you live.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

So are they giving this booklet to everyone who sees the movie in theaters or is it just a limited giveaway?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    So are they giving this booklet to everyone who sees the movie in theaters or is it just a limited giveaway?
    I believe it is only given out to folks who see the Roadshow 70mm version
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

If you want one, I have an extra. It's the one with Samuel Jackson in the center.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the film last night!!!! Quentin, nailed it yet again!!!!! Felt like "Django II" in many ways and that was a very good thing to me!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    If you want one, I have an extra. It's the one with Samuel Jackson in the center.
    That would be awesome. And how do you find the 70MM version? I don't see a special listing near me.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be awesome. And how do you find the 70MM version? I don't see a special listing near me.
    I used this site. http://tickets.thehatefuleight.com/showtimes

PM me your address and I will put one in the mail for you.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's only in 100 locations, so unless you're near a big city it most likely isn't showing. It's a shame that it was so limited.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    ...If I'm being honest, though, I don't know that I really thought the 70mm looked better than digital. There were some instances where you could see small details and the bright scenery (part two looked better, it seemed, but then again I might've just been used to it at that point), but overall I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't known it was 70mm beforehand.
    There's a dude in the IMDB boards who saw it in both 70mm and digital, said it made a substantial difference in the overall feel of the film.
    My guess is that only film lovers like us in this thread will really be able to appreciate the difference.

Question:

Spoiler:
    So do we know what crime specifically Daisy committed? I thought that would end up being a big reveal. Was it just that she was part of the gang, and that was supposed to be a reveal?

I liked the ending with them deciding to hang her, but it seemed kind of abrupt. Wish they would've drug it out a little more. And I didn't really feel any connection between her and her brother, so their wrap-up left me a little unsatisfied.
    Spoiler:
    Not specified as far as I remember. She was part of a pretty sadistic gang tho, so it was in all likelihood something heinous like multiple murders.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    ...If I'm being honest, though, I don't know that I really thought the 70mm looked better than digital. There were some instances where you could see small details and the bright scenery (part two looked better, it seemed, but then again I might've just been used to it at that point), but overall I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't known it was 70mm beforehand.
    There's a dude in the IMDB boards who saw it in both 70mm and digital, said it made a substantial difference in the overall feel of the film.
    My guess is that only film lovers like us in this thread will really be able to appreciate the difference.

Question:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Not specified as far as I remember. She was part of a pretty sadistic gang tho, so it was in all likelihood something heinous like multiple murders.

Spoiler:
    Actually, her bounty was only 10K, as was most of the gang. Her brother had a bounty of 50K as I recall. Just saying is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Question:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Actually, her bounty was only 10K, as was most of the gang. Her brother had a bounty of 50K as I recall. Just saying is all.

Somebody wrote this on IMDB in the goof section for the film:

"The dollar amounts of the bounties are frequently mentioned ($8,000, $10,000). Assuming the time-frame of the story is probably in the 1870s or 1880s, those amounts would be more than $200,000 today, a fantastically unlikely number. "

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

According to this inflation calculator...$10,000 of 1875 dollars would be worth: $217,391.30 in 2015

A $50,000 reward would be over a million dollars. $50,000 of 1875 dollars would be worth: $1,086,956.52 in 2015
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to RF for sending me The Hateful Eight booklet. I love it! That was very kind of you and I really appreciate it.

I thought I posted something here after I saw the film, but it must have been a dream. Whatever, I saw Hateful Eight last Saturday and I had a blast. I even had a short discussion with the young couple sitting next to me. It turned into a ménage à trois Tarantino love fest. I've always been self aware of QT's work, so I can see why some people will hate The Hateful Eight, but for those of us that adore his films, Hateful Eight was a treat.

That being said, it doesn't surpass Basterds or Django Unchained for me.

*mumbles to himself* My cousin still has my special edition steelbook Django Unchained Blu-ray
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Whatever, I saw Hateful Eight last Saturday
    What was your showtime? We may have been watching it at the same time.

ménage à trois Tarantino love fest.

That being said, it doesn't surpass...Django Unchained for me.
    Sorry, Mike, but your opinion is wrong.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

7:45

It's close with Django for me. I will have to watch The Hateful Eight again to be sure. What puts Django over the top for me are the performances by Waltz and Leo.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

7:45

It's close with Django for me. I will have to watch The Hateful Eight again to be sure. What puts Django over the top for me are the performances by Waltz and Leo.

I actually saw, Waltz in the, Roth role. I like to think that "Hateful Eight" is the second entry in a "Django" trilogy of sorts. Does that make any sense?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that makes sense. I can also see Waltz playing Tim Roth's role. I think QT was worried about going to that well too much. I'm glad he cast Tim Roth.

The only part I was somewhat disappointed in, and this is on me not the film was:
    Spoiler:
    The fact that I knew over a year ago that Channing Tatum was in the film. As the film got closer, I realized he wasn't part of the 8. So I pretty much deduced that Tatum was somewhere in the cabin the whole time. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised when he was revealed. For those that had no idea he was in the film, it might have been better to not include his name in the opening credits. Fincher did this with Se7en by not putting Kevin Spacey's name in order to surprise people.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I actually saw, Waltz in the, Roth role.
    I thought the exact same thing almost immediately. If Waltz would've been a part of the film, you can pretty much bet that that's the role he would've played.

The only part I was somewhat disappointed in, and this is on me not the film was:
    Spoiler:
    The fact that I knew over a year ago that Channing Tatum was in the film. As the film got closer, I realized he wasn't part of the 8. So I pretty much deduced that Tatum was somewhere in the cabin the whole time. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised when he was revealed.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I kept waiting for him to show up. When he wasn't in the building I just thought he'd be part of a flashback sequence or something. I never guessed that he was in the building, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's funny, because
    Spoiler:
    I had completely forgotten that he was in the film. I remember seeing his name in the opening credits, but then I just became so consumed in the film, that it never dawned on me that he hadn't appeared in the movie yet.

So I thought I'd do another ranking of his films adding in his latest

1. Kill Bill
    2. Reservoir Dogs
    3. Pulp Fiction
    4. Inglorious Bastards
    5. The Hateful Eight (this one might even be above Bastards, depending on my mood)
    6. Django Unchained
    7. Jackie Brown
    8. Death Proof

That said I've really enjoyed all his films. I know Death Proof gets a lot of hate, but it's got some great moments.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Great idea, Heather. Let's see..

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Reservoir Dogs
    3. Inglourious Basterds
    4. Kill Bill
    5. The Hateful Eight
    6. Django Unchained
    7. Jackie Brown
    8. Death Proof

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine would be:

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Reservoir Dogs
    3. Inglorious Basterds
    4. The Hateful Eight
    5. Jackie Brown
    6. Kill Bill
    7. Django Unchained
    8. Death Proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine:

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Reservoir Dogs
    3. Kill Bill
    4. Inglorious Basterds
    5. Django Unchained
    6. The Hateful Eight
    7. Jackie Brown
    8. Death Proof

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Inglorious Bastards
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Kill Bill 1 / 2 (I really feel like this is just one long movie)
    5. Reservoir Dogs
    6. The Hateful Eight

I can't really put Jackie Brown or Death Proof anywhere. I've never seen Death Proof and could never finish Jackie Brown. I really like all of the rest though, and have watched all but Hateful Eight more than once and will probably watch again. Hateful Eight being the one I'm least likely to watch again, mostly due to it's slow plodding nature and it's length. I still like it a lot though.

I also really struggled with Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Bastards, as I think I like Inglorious Bastards more, but Pulp Fiction is the reason I started watching Tarantino movies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Inglorious Bastards
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Kill Bill 1 / 2 (I really feel like this is just one long movie)
    5. Reservoir Dogs
    6. The Hateful Eight

I can't really put Jackie Brown or Death Proof anywhere. I've never seen Death Proof and could never finish Jackie Brown. I really like all of the rest though, and have watched all but Hateful Eight more than once and will probably watch again. Hateful Eight being the one I'm least likely to watch again, mostly due to it's slow plodding nature and it's length. I still like it a lot though.

I also really struggled with Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Bastards, as I think I like Inglorious Bastards more, but Pulp Fiction is the reason I started watching Tarantino movies.

The opening scene in "Inglorious Basterds" haunts me. I have an Uncle in Germany who is a captain in the Polizie who scares the crap outta me!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast