Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, after a couple of days bing watching on Sopranos and the Wire, just watched this week's ep, and fucking fuck me, that was a fucking awesome ep! I mean...fuck!

Ok, 3 points:

1. Bloody hell, Walt was seriously fucking evil this ep. This isn't just because of the "confession", although I must admit, that definitely had the highest shock factor to it. It was when he was telling Jr. that his cancer was back, that it wasn't anything serious, that he had to stay positive...just to make sure that he didn't go to his aunt and uncle's house and find out the truth. What really made it pretty fucking twisted was adding, "Now you run along to aunt Marie's", knowing full well that his son would say no because of the cancer. Walt's made a number of horrible decisions, but manipulating your own son like that...it might not be the lowest he's sunk, but it's definitely a new fucking kind of low. The "confession" was just the icing on the cake of pure fucking evil (I'm thinking black liquorice cake here). Brilliant, brilliant lie, though. He really knew how to damage his own brother-in-law in every possible way.

2. Just when you thought BB couldn't match the awkward brilliance of last year's dinner with Walt, Skyler and Jesse...we had that particular double date. Now I've had awkward family meals out before, but never to the extent of one of the family wishing that the other would kill themselves and another with the kind of held back but obvious rage like he found out that Jar Jar Binks would be the main hero in the Star Wars sequels or that Ben Affleck was gonna be playing Batman (yeah, I know, but I couldn't resist). Thank you BB for giving us more brilliant awkwardness.

3. Jesse's realisation. Just when I thought this episode couldn't squeeze in any more "HOLY SHIT!!!" moments, then comes the moment with the cigarette. Jesse realising that Walt did poison a child so early on in this final run really shows the kind of fast pace we're having. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never been one for predicting what's gonna' happen in a book or show or anything like that. I'll simply leave it at how much I am truly enjoying this.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Wow, she has some great points. I'd like to see her/hear from her more in the future. I don't understand putting character hatred on the actor. For example, I HATE Pete in Mad Men. But I would never assume the actor is like that.

While I find Skyler totally annoying, I want her to run. I wish she had sided with Hank. She has two children to think about!

I hope they make it out of this, but I seriously doubt they will.
    Actually, her two children are precisely who she is thinking of. If they get busted no care for them and the money goes away one way or the other. She may have had a chance to run before Walt buried the cash.
    Yes, but she's been conned by Walt, or herself, into thinking this is going to work out for them. Realistically, there is no way in hell her kids are getting that money, and she should have taken them to safety before things went to shit. She's just deluded. Her kids are better off alive than dead with some barrels full of cash.

Holy shit I cannot wait to see how this goes.

I know this isn't a terribly interesting point, but where the hell do they keep Holly? She's not with Marie, she's not at the car wash, she's apparently not doused in gasoline at the house.

I seriously doubt Walt was sincere with Jesse. Or Junior, for that matter. His every move is calculated to work in his favor. Probably the only person he's genuine with is Holly because she's too young to be manipulated, but he is using her to manipulate others (oh, think of my children!), so I don't give him a lot of credit there. Even when he's let Skyler in to his plan, he won't tell her where the money is. I'm pretty sure he's a pure sociopath at this point.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Jeffrey Deaver posted this on Twitter -- he noticed one of his novels on Hank & Marie's bookshelf. The first three books on the upper shelf caught my eye...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool picture, Bev!

Ok, how the hell are we not talking about last Sunday's ep? Is Walt really going to pull the trigger on Jesse (so to speak)?

The confession video between Jesse and Hank ... powerful stuff.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm more interested to hear Jesse's plan. He's come up with some surprisingly good ones in recent years. Yo, magnets, bitches! Also intrigued that it is now Skyler advocating for killing and Walt taking the opposite position.

I'm a little miffed that Gomez is there all of a sudden, without a scene showing how Hank broke the news to him. That would have been an awesome scene.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everything you said. All of a sudden, Gomez! And he's just sitting there like no big deal. I can't wait to see what Jesse comes up with. He's really smart when his ass is on the line.

It's getting really exciting to see how Skyler and Hank are being dragged down with Walt, morals-wise. I'm starting to wonder if anyone's getting out of this alive. Marie will probably survive, on virtue of being fucking annoying and useless most of the time.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

I liked the way Marie stepped up, though, once she understood the situation Hank was in.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm more interested to hear Jesse's plan. He's come up with some surprisingly good ones in recent years. Yo, magnets, bitches!
    Yeah, me too. What do you make of "I'm going to hit you where you really live"? At first I thought he was talking about his family, but then I thought to myself ... what if it's not his family, what if what Jesse is after is tearing down the legacy of Heisenberg?

Also intrigued that it is now Skyler advocating for killing and Walt taking the opposite position.
    Yup, she has been dragged into the same moral wasteland as Walter. She's been corrupted after her prolonged exposure to him.

I'm a little miffed that Gomez is there all of a sudden, without a scene showing how Hank broke the news to him. That would have been an awesome scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    All of a sudden, Gomez! And he's just sitting there like no big deal.
    Honestly, the Gomez thing didn't bug me at all. I mean, it would have been cool to have seen it, but I'm glad that screen time went towards advancing the plot.

Marie will probably survive, on virtue of being fucking annoying and useless most of the time.
    I liked the way Marie stepped up, though, once she understood the situation Hank was in.
    I found Marie to be ungodly annoying, but I developed a deep respect for her after she basically told Hank that she was sticking around no matter what.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jesse, will use the "skin-head's" to retaliate with Walt through "Todd" IMHO Beating Walt, to the punch, even though Walt has already contacted them.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A copy of "Everything's Eventual" was also shown in Gayle's living room a few seasons back. Clearly some of the writers are King fans.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the same thought.

Likewise...I would have liked to have seen the scene where Hank told Marie.

Jesse, will use the "skin-head's" to retaliate with Walt through "Todd" IMHO Beating Walt, to the punch, even though Walt has already contacted them.
    Jesse hates Todd because he shot that kid after the train heist....and Todd probably is not a big Jesse fan after he punched him in the face.

Todd on the other hand likes Walt, because Walt taught him a skill, and made him and his Uncle quite rich one would assume.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I had the same thought.

Likewise...I would have liked to have seen the scene where Hank told Marie.

Jesse hates Todd because he shot that kid after the train heist....and Todd probably is not a big Jesse fan after he punched him in the face.

Todd on the other hand likes Walt, because Walt taught him a skill, and made him and his Uncle quite rich one would assume.
    Yes, you are right. I realized as much soon after I posted. It was a "knee-jerk" reaction to the "Bald-Guy" scene. I have revised my thoughts as follows. Jesse, will recall a forgotten link (maybe through a "Mike" acquaintance) to the cartel's and utilize them against, Walt. Hank, will then be able to bag two birds with one stone. Figuratively.

Spoiler:
    FWIW, glad to have your insights back in this thread, Rick!!! Missed you!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally all caught up!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that didn't totally understand how Jesse was able to link Walt to Brock's poisoning, and Saul and Huell back to the ricin lift. I think it would've been a more identifiable and "holy crap!" moment if Huell taking the ricin cigarette was actually seen rather than just mentioned verbally.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I thought at first that it was Jesse that was going to spray 'HEISENBERG' on the wall, but in the flash forward the house doesn't look burned down, only abandoned.
    I had the exact same thought process.

And in regard to the flash-forwards, I'm not totally convinced that the destruction of the White house is as terrible as Gilligan and Co. might want us to believe. Think back to S2 (it was 2, right?) with the pink teddy bear scenes: suited lab guys surveying the White house, Walt's glasses in an evidence bag (with Walt nowhere to be seen), sheet-covered bodies, etc. All pointed to Walt being found out, but ended up being the aftermath of the plane crash that Walt inadvertently caused. So, what if Walt just packed up the family and put them somewhere "safe", leaving the house to ruins? What if they sold the house? Claimed bankruptcy (lame, but anything's possible)? Really, the only thing hinting to any possible White family/cartel danger is the 'Heisenberg' on the wall (which is either condemnation or praise) and Carol's shock (and horror?) at seeing Walt before her.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I'm pretty sure there were DEA signs at the house.

Question: what was the CD or DVD that Jesse left on the dash of his car? Walt picked it up, and it seemed significant.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question: what was the CD or DVD that Jesse left on the dash of his car? Walt picked it up, and it seemed significant.
    Good question! I had same thought, although no guesses to its meaning.

I found this explanation:

The more significant disorientation came from the fact that the episode was bisected into halves covering the same period of time but from different points of view. First, we pick up at the previous cliffhanger from Walt’s eyes. What happened to Jesse? It actually seemed like the show meant to answer this question at the end of the cold open, when Walt finds that compact disc on Saul’s dashboard. Was I the only one who assumed the disc was Walt’s “confession” tape, left by Hank as a fuck-you token after picking up Jesse? I can’t imagine the show’s meticulous writers didn’t expect some people would think that. Later, when the second half of the episode switches to Jesse’s POV, we learn that Hank did in fact intervene (aren’t you proud at me for not gloating about my insanely brilliant prediction last week?), but that the CD was just a cocaine-snorting surface. So the viewer’s left untangling a whole web of false impressions.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:
    Why is it in shootouts NOBODY CAN HIT SHIT? LOL

So they can have three more episodes!

What a wild ending. I never saw that coming at all. I wonder how it will resolve. They didn't even show video from next week's episode, just older clips to keep from hinting at who will survive.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Good question! I had same thought, although no guesses to its meaning.
    I think Jesse was snorting off of it, don't think it had any meaning beyond that.

So they can have three more episodes!

What a wild ending. I never saw that coming at all. I wonder how it will resolve. They didn't even show video from next week's episode, just older clips to keep from hinting at who will survive.
    I knew Uncle Jack would show up from the moment Walt said 'don't come', but it was still a very tense scene. Walt yelling for everyone to stop and being utterly helpless in the backseat of a car is a nice contrast to Heisenberg's calm and collected demeanor when dealing with threats.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I knew the uncle was gonna show up too. That was a great ending. I'll be surprised if somebody doesn't die.

That phone conversation between Hank and Marie...pretty ominous, if you ask me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure Gomie is done for.

I'm thinking that Jesse will be kidnapped and forced to cook (remember that Walt announced him as his equal when it comes to cooking) and Walt will come out of hiding to save him and attempt to redeem himself.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Pretty sure Gomie is done for.

I'm thinking that Jesse will be kidnapped and forced to cook (remember that Walt announced him as his equal when it comes to cooking) and Walt will come out of hiding to save him and attempt to redeem himself.
    Agreed, Gomie will bite dust. Jesse may not survive either. Pretty sure some how Hank will survive and of course Walt.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The one thing that makes me suspect Hank will survive is that Dean Norris was on the set right up to the end and went straight from the finale to SC for Under the Dome. But that might have been misleading.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast