Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Everybody here's made mistakes...you screw up, learn from it, move on - try not to make the first mistake a high-dollar one.
    Or the second, third.....

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha...true...but once you're invested in it, a big mistake can be easier to take because you'll have some successes to make you feel better...

Or, maybe it will just infuriate you even more that you should have known better and still screwed up....haha...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate that guy. I won't even buy his real, non-signed books. I hope he slowly gets run over by a steamroller one day.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Sending very bad karma his way - what a tool.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It is embarrassing how many "high Dollar" mistakes Ive made. You live and learn and try not to be taken...... But nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    But nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Nicely said

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh boy my friend filip1 still has the book I ordered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PUMP-SIX-AND-OTH...1#ht_527wt_905

I bought this book for $75. He strung me along and said he sent it twice, and dragged it out after 45 days until I couldn't get my money back.

I bought the book one day after Bacigalupi won the Hugo award. So the author went from a no-name author to someone now worth collecting. Obviously filip1 felt the same way after the Hugo's were released, so he never sent me the book. He now has the same book he said that he sent me on sale at $600 from a $1000 listing. Ridiculous! If this loser figured out he now had a collectible author all he had to do was refund my money and say the book wasn't in stock. But no, he didn't want to give up the money I paid him for the book. This guy's a scammer!

btw, if anyone would have an idea on how I could narc on this guy or something from a sale about a year old, please let me know. Thanks!
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know a Danny Lenzini from the UK? Not sure if he is on here or not. Anyway I have dealt with him in the past with no issues, and he recently contacted me about some books I had on ebay. So since i knew him and had no issues before, we worked out a deal off ebay. For some cash and some UK editions I wanted. He sent the money to paypal right away, So i sent the books to the UK. They arrived safe and sound according to USPS. Since then (over a month now) I have received no response to about 8 emails and as you guessed, no books for me from the UK. I will try and find his ebay name and let you all know that also ! best part...more or less nothing i can do ! He got his books at a great price and still gets to keep his others !

ebay name is inizneld oddly enough he has 100% feedback, but i guess if you rip people off outside of ebay your feedback will stay good !

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

These ebay sellers who screw people over: What would happen if you "buy" a book from them, never pay, then leave negative feed back? Ive never done something like that but I am always amazed how these scammers seem to have 100% (or very close to it) positive feed back. This strategy may not get your money back or the book in your hand but it would at least alert other buyers and MAYBE put a fire under the sellers butt to make right his deal with you. But would there be Ebay consequences to that to you as the buyer?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everyone has different experiences with the same seller. I have purchased numerous books from Otto (filip1) and have never had any issues. Even bought one book from him outside of eBay and had no problems at all.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever have dealings with critical*path?
    I sent him a cashiers check and he told me he was waiting for the check to clear.......isn't a "cashiers check" the same as cash in that it is guarenteed to be there.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I sent him a cashiers check and he told me he was waiting for the check to clear.......isn't a "cashiers check" the same as cash in that it is guarenteed to be there.
    It is my understanding a cashiers check can be put on hold to clear. The length of a hold varies (2 days to 2 weeks) depending on the bank. I once thought a cashiers check was same as cash but apparently it's not.

Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    just as an FYI, i have bought and sold a number of books with him and had no issues, all books were just as described and arrived promptly.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there are lots of phony cashier's checks out there. I've dealt with critical path before and he's one of the good guys. I can't really blame him for being careful.

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you guys that eases my mind alot.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, just to add one more vote - you'll be fine.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Critical Path is ok by me also
    never had a problem with him

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've dealt with Chris (Critical Path) MANY times. First-Class individual and an "insider" within the King World......

No worries at all. Flexible with Payment Terms as well....

AKC

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Everyone has different experiences with the same seller. I have purchased numerous books from Otto (filip1) and have never had any issues. Even bought one book from him outside of eBay and had no problems at all.
    That still does not excuse him from ripping me off. And please don't try to say this guy is ok. How would you feel if someone lost $100 trying to buy a book from him after reading your post. We are trying to help Dark Tower members here, not hurt them. here's a negative feedback from his profile: "Screwed me. 2 DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS . Took money, no emails, no book." Sounds like what happened to me. I feel for the guy who got screwed.

Btw, I've also received pm's from others in the past about this seller when I have complained about him in the past, plus others have posted the same. So I'm not the only one who thinks he's a sleeze. If you had a good experience with him then that's great and consider yourself lucky. I wish I had the experience that you did with this seller.

@TwistedNadine, when someone sells thousands of items they can have a great seller record like filip1 even though he has many negative posts. Heck I bought probably 20 books from filip1 before he screwed me over, and every sale ran like a charm, until my last transaction with him. So never again will I buy from him. Steal my money once and you lose me as a customer. Too bad I couldn't have given him a negative post. he strung me out after 45 days and I couldn't post negative feedback. I wonder how many others he's done this to, and how many other negative posts he could have. Anyway, screwing over 20-40 people a year and selling a thousand products will still allow you to look like a school boy on ebay.
    Geoff

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    That still does not excuse him from ripping me off. And please don't try to say this guy is ok. How would you feel if someone lost $100 trying to buy a book from him after reading your post. We are trying to help Dark Tower members here, not hurt them. here's a negative feedback from his profile: "Screwed me. 2 DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS . Took money, no emails, no book." Sounds like what happened to me. I feel for the guy who got screwed.

Btw, I've also received pm's from others in the past about this seller when I have complained about him in the past, plus others have posted the same. So I'm not the only one who thinks he's a sleeze. If you had a good experience with him then that's great and consider yourself lucky. I wish I had the experience that you did with this seller.

@TwistedNadine, when someone sells thousands of items they can have a great seller record like filip1 even though he has many negative posts. Heck I bought probably 20 books from filip1 before he screwed me over, and every sale ran like a charm, until my last transaction with him. So never again will I buy from him. Steal my money once and you lose me as a customer. Too bad I couldn't have given him a negative post. he strung me out after 45 days and I couldn't post negative feedback. I wonder how many others he's done this to, and how many other negative posts he could have. Anyway, screwing over 20-40 people a year and selling a thousand products will still allow you to look like a school boy on ebay.
    Geoff,

You're right, it sucks what happened to you, and I certainly wasn't trying to defend him. He has some other books I was interested in, but since so many others seems to be getting screwed by him, I'm going to have to steer clear of him. I don't want to become his next victim.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My feelings exactly. I was able to buy a low-number LSOE set from him and had absolutely no problems. That will be the only time I buy from him, though.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post

Geoff,

You're right, it sucks what happened to you, and I certainly wasn't trying to defend him. He has some other books I was interested in, but since so many others seems to be getting screwed by him, I'm going to have to steer clear of him. I don't want to become his next victim.
    Hey, that's good to know!!! Thanks for your post and I'm very sorry you got screwed. Maybe something in his life changed that turned him into a criminal. Itoo, have several purchases from him in the past (PS Publishing "TCK" w/sc comes to mind) and never had a problem. Obviously, he was seduced by the "Dark Side"!!! You have my sympathies, Cutter!!! Ebay will not entertain a complaint given the entire tale?

I have also dealt with "Critical Path" in the past and no complaints here.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've purchased from filip1 (Otto) multiple times without issue. It's a bummer to hear the problems that Geoff has had. I thought Otto was one of the good ones.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, like I said, I had many good transactions with filip1 before this happened. But my case was special. I bought a book priced at $75 that he couldn't sell a day after this author won the Hugo award. He has the same book now listed on sale at $600 (normally $1,000). It's just a case of greed. He figured out after the author won that award and became very popular very fast that he probably should sell it for more, which he is now doing. it's marked up $525 from when I bought it.

Now where he becomes a sleeze is he could have just said he he was out of stock, or the book already sold and just refunded my money, but he gave me the runaround for a month and a half until I couldn't complain to eBay about it. I trusted him because we did have good deals before this happened. Regardless I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. It would be a risk, you would probably get your book, but you might not, as others have been screwed by him.

btw, don't worry about it Eric. I'm just mad that I saw the book I paid for selling for $600 yesterday, so I'm all huffed up.
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast