Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
You have to admit the irony though. Gosling getting nominated and Margot/Greta not getting nominated is basically what Barbie was about lol.
Greta and Margot both received nominations though, just not for acting and directing. And America Ferrera was nominated too, so it's not as if only the dude in the movie got nominated. Plus Gosling steals the film. It's not his fault he's so talented.
Oliver Stone said doing Barbie was beneath Ryan and he should be doing more important films.

Strange (to me only) because Oppenheimer kind of felt like a Stone film to me in places. It's probably the best picture of the year although I must say Nolan is far too in love with his method of recording sound. The last four films of his I've have hard time hearing some dialogue and it has to do with how he records his actors. He needs to fix that shit. lol

If they had a best scene category, that ending to Saltburn is already legend, love it!

My favs of the year were Spider-man Across the Universe, Poor Things, Saltburn and Barbie and The Color Purple, which deserved a lot more noms and Oppenheimer.

I still need to see Killers of the Flower Moon and Anatomy of a Fall and the Holdovers....