Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite? Who is closest to your heart from the ka-tet?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roland

45 34.88%
  • Eddie

32 24.81%
  • Jake

23 17.83%
  • Susannah

6 4.65%
  • Oy

23 17.83%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The big question now and forever: Who is your favourite from the Ka-Tet?

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I think he means flak for criticising Roland: too much of a newbie to realize that that's practically the official sport of this community.
    Wait, the official sport is flaking newbs? Or the official sport is being critical of Roland?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the latter

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    I'm not ashamed to admit I voted for Oy. At the end
    of DT 7

"'Olan, 'Ake."

I think Roland kicks as lot of ass, but really, even after everything he has been through, he is still kind of a douche-bag. He'd still sell anything, betray anyone, to get to his almighty tower. The worst part is, that he makes others WANT to sacrifice themselves for him. His soul is black, I tell you. He is the most selfish character I have ever read.

If not Oy, then certainly Jake. Then Eddie, then Suse. Then, I guess, Roland.

I'm sure I'll get some flak for this one, especially being a newb. Sorry everyone!
    Don't apologise, its your opinion
    and its actually one i completly agree with - and i doubt i am the only one. Many times i wanted to reach into the pages of the book and slap him!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    of DT 7

"'Olan, 'Ake."

I think Roland kicks as lot of ass, but really, even after everything he has been through, he is still kind of a douche-bag. He'd still sell anything, betray anyone, to get to his almighty tower. The worst part is, that he makes others WANT to sacrifice themselves for him. His soul is black, I tell you. He is the most selfish character I have ever read.

I'm sure I'll get some flak for this one, especially being a newb. Sorry everyone!
    Don't apologise, its your opinion
    and its actually one i completly agree with - and i doubt i am the only one. Many times i wanted to reach into the pages of the book and slap him!!
    Glad you didn't... we'd never have gotten to know you.

tim: Yeah, the latter. People here are really quite hospitable. Welcome to the site!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    the latter
    Oh hey! Now I don't feel so bad!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    ...Many times i wanted to reach into the pages of the book and slap him!!
    Hehe! That mental image made me laugh. I can only imagine what Roland would do to someone who backhanded him.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

he wouldn't do anything to my Candylove. He sure knows better than that.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

of DT 7

"'Olan, 'Ake."

New bs = new friends.
    Welcome to the site.
    Feel free to tear apart Roland but so many people have done it already that there isn't much left of him.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

resurrecting and bumping it for all the new people who haven't had a chance to answer this question yet

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bears! I voted for Roland with Jake very close behind. He stood out to me because of his singularity and commitment to his quest. A true (but self imposed) martyr whose attitude and behavior I can sympathize with. Out of the group he may have been the most messed up one.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Eddie
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Susannah getting no love haha (I voted Eddie; Roland a close second)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Susannah getting no love haha
    Except from bears and five more freaks.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I already cast my vote but I will say that this story (to me) could not have been possible without all of the characters listed in the poll. With that in mind all 5, as a group, are truly my favorite.

Country
    Country Flag

very true

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who is your favorite?
    Roland is the obvious choice for my favorite character in the series.

Who is closest to your heart from the ka-tet?
    Eddie is the one I can relate to the most, from addiction, to being a smartass, and many other aspects of his life.

For the poll I voted Mr Dean.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lovin the old stuff thats getting resurrected

Tough choice. I voted Roland as Favourite. Thought process as follows:

Eddie - I'm a lot like Eddie ('cept for the drug addiction bit ), It's hard to love yourself
    Susannah - What a woman, but waaay to much psychological drama's for this simple man
    Jake - Oh so close to choosing Jake, If he was my son I would be as proud as hell, He definitely wins closest to my Heart
    Oy - He already chose Jake and could never have another master. Also I have my own Oy (although my family made me call him 'Max')

Which Leaves Roland. For all his flaws, he is infinitely interesting. I'd drop everything and join his Ka-tet in a heartbeat.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Which Leaves Roland. For all his flaws, he is infinitely interesting. I'd drop everything and join his Ka-tet in a heartbeat.
    Agree.
    And agree.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Tough choice. I voted Roland as Favourite. Thought process as follows:

Eddie - I'm a lot like Eddie ('cept for the drug addiction bit ), It's hard to love yourself
    Susannah - What a woman, but waaay to much psychological drama's for this simple man
    Jake - Oh so close to choosing Jake, If he was my son I would be as proud as hell, He definitely wins closest to my Heart
    Oy - He already chose Jake and could never have another master. Also I have my own Oy (although my family made me call him 'Max')

Sorry Stroppygob... I have the real OYE!

"Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Its Jake for me.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

I loved Detta, but Suze was boring AF

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love all of them just in different ways! Roland is a prick but he is also a very likable charismatic prick.
    Eddie (who I voted for) had to fight to get to where he is, and the use of comedy just at the wrong time is a life long spanking paddle!
    Susannah is a strong woman who's had a lot to over come but she fucked up!!! I dated a girl with split personality disorder she didn't know if she was coming or going!
    Jake... what can you say about a boy who can forgive after being dropped???? Strong spirit...
    And Oy, I love my dogs and loved Oy!
    spoiler

I love all of them! Roland is one of the charismatic character is very likable. Eddie had to fight to get the position. And the construction of a paddle comedy of life!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6