Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap (Hopefully!!!)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My 2 cents pics:

Bills
    Seahawks
    Buccaneers

Titans
    Saints
    Browns
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's been an odd season indeed! I'm really excited for my second LAST PLACE trophy, though - I'll have an actual collection started!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First things first. A hearty THANK YOU to, Bill for running this show.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! to E: JEFE for another first place win!!!! I guess we'll have to start calling you the "NFL WHISPERER"!!

Also, its great to see that we have 6 players so far for the PLAYOFF'S. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

I'm not a fan or anuthing, but it would nice if, Cleveland can make it past the wildcard. The Browns have been losers for quite sometime and I'm sure their fans are starving for some good action in the post season. Plus, you gotta root for, Mayfield a little. He;s a bit of an underdog QB by NFL standards yet he manages to entertain. That game against the, Ravens was a true gem. It would be cool to see a rematch.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Mayfield has entertaining commercials.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Landed in the Hospital for some fluid issues. Not to get too excited about just had to be by IV. I'm gonna try and keep tabs on our little playoff game but if someone wants to step up and keep an eye as well, I'll be grateful.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Landed in the Hospital for some fluid issues. Not to get too excited about just had to be by IV. I'm gonna try and keep tabs on our little playoff game but if someone wants to step up and keep an eye as well, I'll be grateful.
    I've got you covered. There aren't too many who joined in, and I can count past 5 (barely), so you rest easy.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all the winners! Another fun year, thanks Bill. I tried for last place at the end but just couldn't get there.
    I'll try some upsets...

Colts
    Rams
    Washington

Titans
    Bears
    Browns

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What I see for this weekend's bonus playoff picks. Up for grabs - bragging rights!:

Merlin1958 - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens, Saints, Browns (Sunday)

NeedfulKings - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Titans, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

Randall Flagg - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

BedOfRoses - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

Jon - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

Garrell - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Titans, Saints, Browns (Sunday)

east-tennessee - Colts, Rams, Wash (Saturday) and Titans, Bears, Browns (Sunday)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I'm home!!!! Thank you very much for covering for me, Bill!! What can I say? You're the best!!!

Well, that was FUCKING HUGE at the end of gthe 1st half when the, Bills held in the red zone and then turned around to march almost 100 yards to a lead taking TD!!! That, Davis kid must be able to walk on wires as well as make catch's and stay in bounds in the NFL!!! Can't believe the Bills have ther lead with, Allen running for his life on practically every play!! lol

This should be a great 2nd half!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, think I can pick it up from here. Again, Big Huge Thanks to, Bill for covering my ass. So, I've decided that I can come up with a trophy for the Post season as well. Won't be anything to write home to, Mom about about but it will be a fair representation of, Bill' high standards!! lol Correct picks are highlighted in Bold below.

Merlin1958 - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens,Saints, Browns (Sunday)

NeedfulKings - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Titans, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

Randall Flagg - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

BedOfRoses - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

Jon - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Ravens, Saints, Steelers (Sunday)

Garrell - Bills, Seahawks, Bucs (Saturday) and Titans, Saints, Browns (Sunday)

east-tennessee - Colts, Rams, Wash (Saturday) and Titans, Bears, Browns (Sunday)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bills, Josh Allen:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some additional observations from the TB/Wash game. As a life long Yankees/Giants/Jets fan I absolutely HATE, Tom Fucking Brady!! But even I gotta give it to that motherfucker. Much as Boston fans acknowledged, Jeter and Rivera (both G.O.A.T.'s at their respective positions*), he's the G.O.A.T., QB of the NFL. I don't think the, Bucs will go much further in the post season (they just don't seem to be able to play up to their full potential even in a playoff game) you gotta hand it to the guy. 43 yrs old and there he is in the playoff's slinging it around and winning football games. 6 Championships, numerous records and near records he's just accomplished everything in the game at his position that a man can ever hope to accomplish. He really has no peers, just as Jeter and Mariano.

Having said that, as I stated his team just can't seem to realize and apply all that FUCKING TALENT!!! As much heart & soul as the Washington team played with today there is no way this game should have been that close. Talented guys with drops, missed blocks and just no heart. Unless he can kick the teams' collective ass into shape for next week they are likely to go down. No way they will be able to unseat, KC or anyone else unless they rise up.

Did you guys see, Brady's reaction to, Washington' last score? lol He's a fucking motherfucker when it when it comes to competiveness! Makes me wonder what his marriage is like as he must just literally eat, drink, sleep and play/practice football 24/7/365. His wife, who I know is a top tier model, must also be likewise and a fucking flaming
    Spoiler:
    Bitch!!!!
    LOL LOL

That kid Washington trotted out there at QB played his mother loving heart out!!!! He's a gamer and Washington may have a silver lining from this loss in being able to take away from this game what they now know about him and can employ in the coming years.

Fucking shame the Seahawks couldn't pull out their famous heroics and manage the W today. The Rams won that game with heir defense. They just may be dangerous going forward too. Remember what the Giants manged in, 2008 with a similar team makeup, just enough offense and a devastating defense!!

Tomorrows match-ups should be just as entertaining as all three were today. Merlin1958 your, 2020 Playoff Co-Host signing off until tomorrow!!! LOL LOL

Breaking News Update: There WILL be a TROPHY, for the First Place Winner!!!! The eventual winner will have picked the winner of the most games including the SB!! That about right for one of these things, Bill?

Further Breaking News Update: Slightly or remotely similar to our hero, Stephen King' (Fucking Red Sox fan ) Dark Tower characters, this contest is being hosted by THE TWO BILL'S!!!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    I have my own personal definition as to what constitutes a G.O.A.T.!!! So, to me that is really kinda simple Career Regular season stats, Career Post season stats and Championships/Rings. Also being a, Yankee sure don't hurt. I think that despite the TV Announcers penchant and snootiness for thinking they make the proclamation, it is the same for most fans in that they have their own individual standards for making that determination and that it is a subject best settled by diehard fans themselves in Bars across America and Forums all over the WWW!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How low class. Disgusting word. Not the least bit funny.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    How low class. Disgusting word. Not the least bit funny.
    Spoiler:
    I'm assuming you're referring to the word I utilized to describe what, Brady' wife might be like. I also assume gtom your post that your gender is, female. As a rule I totally agree with you with regard to that word in just about every instance it may be used. HOWEVER, in certain very rare instances it is appropriate to describe a very, very small contingent of the female population and even then ONLY when used amongst Men and strictly in a humorous context. You may still take umbrbrage to its use here and I do not agree with that for the aforementioned reasons, but I nevertheless Respect your opinion. Thank you for your insights though. Also, while yes, this is a public forum, this particular thread is generally speaking one for the football picking players here, so sort of a group kinda thing and I did show the respect of placing it in spoilers and not something you can see casually. Sorry, if I still offended you but the forum rules do allow the use of profanity, I believe. Never the less, feel free to take the matter up with, Jerome. It's certainly your call. I did not intend to offend you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Not my favorite word but it did say spoiler to be fair.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Not my favorite word but it did say spoiler to be fair.
    As I said not mine either, but to be sure not to cause an international incident, reduce the shock value and hopefully retain the humorous intent. Edited !!! Lets move on to todays line-up. lol

Good luck to everyone on their picks today! It's still neck to neck! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill ???
    Did you take your meds today Bill ??
    Now Bill... you know you cant miss you meds Bill, be a good Bill & take your meds (you'll feed much better) Lol

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Bill ???
    Now Bill... you know you cant miss you meds Bill, be a good Bill & take your meds (you'll feed much better) Lol
    Hey, let me do the comedy, I'm trying to make a living here! lol

Let's keep our eyes on the prize!! The amazing, stupendous, unique, its equal has never been created, TROPHY that the winner will receive!!! lol lol

I'll be here all week folks!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Bill ???
    Hey, let me do the comedy, I'm trying to make a living here! lol

Let's keep our eyes on the prize!! The amazing, stupendous, unique, its equal has never been created, TROPHY that the winner will receive!!! lol lol

I'll be here all week folks!!! lol

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Breaking News Update: There WILL be a TROPHY, for the First Place Winner!!!! The eventual winner will have picked the winner of the most games including the SB!! That about right for one of these things, Bill?
    I can't find the reference you made to an add-on trophy. I thought this was just bragging rights. Any trophy will not represent the official pick contest - which has ended. **edit to add that I do see the reference to Bill's (the other Bill) post-season trophy not to write home about.

Back to the game...

Seahawks tanked. And I am not a Brady fan after deflate-gate. Maybe it's silly, but cheating is cheating. If you want to go down in history as the GOAT, I assume you know what a properly inflated ball feels like.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

CURRENT STANDINGS:

Merlin1958 - 7
    Randall Flagg -6
    Bed of Roses - 6
    Jon - 7
    Garrell - 6
    NeedfulKings -6
    east-tennessee -5
    COOK - 3

NEXT WEEK:

Rams vs Packers
    Ravens vs Bills
    Browns vs Chiefs
    Bucs vs Saints

My picks are: Packers, Ravens, Chiefs & Saints

GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK EVERYONE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS WEEKS SLATE OF GAMES!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Packers, Ravens, Chiefs & Saints
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Packers
    Ravens
    Chiefs
    Saints

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rams
    Bills
    Browns
    Bucs

Country
    Country Flag

Packers
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Saints

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast