34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark

27 79.41%
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

7 20.59%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 5 - Group 8 of 16

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Might wanna go back and read your ignorant comment. Directed AT people. In fact, 6 people. Six people who chose TOD because it meant something to them more than Raiders. That’s all I’m saying. Take for it What you will... ten stories tall and all.
    Reading (or re-reading) my comment isn't enough; you need to understand it, which you clearly don't, as demonstrated by your continuing struggle with the concepts of sarcasm and hyperbole.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Might wanna go back and read your ignorant comment. Directed AT people. In fact, 6 people. Six people who chose TOD because it meant something to them more than Raiders. That’s all I’m saying. Take for it What you will... ten stories tall and all.
    Reading (or re-reading) my comment isn't enough; you need to understand it, which you clearly don't, as demonstrated by your continuing struggle with the concepts of sarcasm and hyperbole.
    Sure man. Whatever you say. Hope your internet intellect made you feel better today.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sure man. Whatever you say.
    Is it really that hard to believe that the negativity you thought you saw behind an internet statement doesn't actually exist? That words are just words, and I really wasn't saying anything more significant than "Raiders is clearly better"?

Hope your internet intellect made you feel better today.
    Is it really "internet intellect" to understand sarcasm and hyperbole? Do you take everyone on the internet literally, or just me?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sure man. Whatever you say.
    Is it really that hard to believe that the negativity you thought you saw behind an internet statement doesn't actually exist? That words are just words, and I really wasn't saying anything more significant than "Raiders is clearly better"?

Hope your internet intellect made you feel better today.
    Is it really "internet intellect" to understand sarcasm and hyperbole? Do you take everyone on the internet literally, or just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Rarely do we see someone so eagerly admit to their limitations (in your case, you crave internet enemies).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, enough bickering. Back on topic please.

Country
    Country Flag

Rarely do we see someone so eagerly admit to their limitations (in your case, you crave internet enemies).
    haha No I do not. I called out your douchery and you proceeded to try and wear your intellect hat. Simple as that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Alright, enough bickering. Back on topic please.
    No prob RF. Still upset at you though.... for saying you didn’t like either of these films! Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I called out your douchery and you proceeded to try and wear your intellect hat.
    Nothing quite so cartoonish - I explained a post you misinterpreted by taking it literally. You've been arguing against a position that doesn't exist, even after having had it explained to you.

Country
    Country Flag

I called out your douchery and you proceeded to try and wear your intellect hat.
    Nothing quite so cartoonish - I explained a post you misinterpreted by taking it literally. You've been arguing against a position that doesn't exist, even after having had it explained to you.
    Dude, I have no issue with you. I quite like you. All I said was I found it rude. You just could have said ... “yeah maybe a bit harsh... sorry” anyways, have a good day.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dude, I have no issue with you. I quite like you.
    Thank you for the kind words.

All I said was I found it rude. You just could have said ... “yeah maybe a bit harsh... sorry”
    Harsh? YES!!!!! I intentionally made my initial comment as harsh as possible in pursuit of humor, thinking an exaggeration so ridiculous couldn't possibly be taken as anything but humor, kind of like if someone in a Monty Python sketch, upon being handed a sandwich, reacted with "a sandwich? you bloody bastard" - but then, many people don't get Python, so clearly I miscalculated how obvious it might be that I was being completely facetious and nothing else.

Apologies for the offense.

But Raiders is still far, far better, and Short Round is still an absolute casserole of nonsense.

Country
    Country Flag

Dude, I have no issue with you. I quite like you.
    Thank you for the kind words.

All I said was I found it rude. You just could have said ... “yeah maybe a bit harsh... sorry”
    Harsh? YES!!!!! I intentionally made my initial comment as harsh as possible in pursuit of humor, thinking an exaggeration so ridiculous couldn't possibly be taken as anything but humor, kind of like if someone in a Monty Python sketch, upon being handed a sandwich, reacted with "a sandwich? you bloody bastard" - but then, many people don't get Python, so clearly I miscalculated how obvious it might be that I was being completely facetious and nothing else.

Apologies for the offense.

But Raiders is still far, far better, and Short Round is still an absolute casserole of nonsense.
    All good moving on. Thank you. I’m also glad I made no internet enemies today! Haha.

PS love Short Round

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Raiders

I know about taste and all, but...anyone who prefers TOD to Raiders is pretty seriously fucked in the head (sorry, that's as diplomatic as I can make it).
    Real classy thing to say.
    As a service to those for whom the obvious is anything but:

I wasn't insulting anyone; I merely used colorful language to express my strong feelings about these movies (I'm not actually suggesting that anyone preferring TOD suffers a mental problem).

I realize that I'm coming in after the fact, but it seems to me that some folks (no one person in particular) need to stop dissecting and taking posted comments so literally. We're (for the most part) supposed to be friends shooting the shit with one another. I'm thinking a bit maybe like guys and gals in a bar having a beer and talking shite, no? At least sometimes anyway. of course, I suppose I'm the last guy you want to hear that point of view from. lol

But your the guy they said the TV IT was the best ever.
    Indeed I am, but don't blame me; it's not my fault the Muschiettis fucked Chapter 2 up to a fare-thee-well.
    You, my friend are in desperate need of in depth therapy to determine the root of your love of the TV mini series and disdain for the current two films!!! LOL LOL

Perhaps, deep down in your psyche, you have an unrequited love for, Tim Curry in full clown make up? I mean it's a little creepy, but I suppose it;s a 'thing". lol

As hard as it tried, and it tried VERY HARD, to be scary and true to the original content the permission levels at the time killed it before the first camera rolled. It does have value as a piece of nostalgia though I suppose. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Sorry, but Radiers so superior, and more than just "technically." Usually films that have to introduce a new character like this get bogged down in origin story telling - think of how many Marvel films do better the second time around. Raiders manages all we need in the opening sequence and with one college lecture. It's so efficient.
    All true.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    ...I actually like the third Indy film better than Temple as well...
    Last Crusade was much better than TOD, almost matching Raiders; both films had more of a gritty, dangerous quest feel than the more comic-y TOD.
    And Nazis! Always the preferred bad guys!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Raiders, obviously.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Perhaps, deep down in your psyche, you have an unrequited love for, Tim Curry in full clown make up? I mean it's a little creepy, but I suppose it;s a 'thing". lol
    He won me over with "kiss me, fat boy!"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    He won me over with "kiss me, fat boy!"

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The first is the best.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Raiders of the Lost Ark moves on and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2