Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is gorgeous looking. I too enjoy the "what did I order" feeling.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a great looking book. Drood is one of my more favorite Simmons novels, too.

I got so bad at remembering what I ordered I now keep a listing with what I ordered, how much I paid, from whom and when. Now all I have to do is remember to keep it up-to-date.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I have two ongoing documents on my computer that I literally FORCE myself to use every time I order a book. One is for books ordered and paid for at the time of ordering and the other is for books ordered but not yet paid for.

More than a few times in the past I have ordered the same book from different sellers and gotten two copies when I only wanted one. Sometimes there are so many pending books that I just can't keep it all straight in my head.

edit: John I didn't see your post before I posted. Great minds think alike! Or maybe failing minds need all the help they can get.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I used to keep a list to remind me...but I forgot where I put it.

My list of ordered and paid for Cemetery Dance books perished through old age.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I just throw my emails into a folder and that helps me remember what I've bought. It works for me.

But you have to do something, or I would be like Bob ordering the same book twice (It has happened in the past).
    Geoff

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Congratulations!

I read almost all Dan Simmons works and Drood is one of my favorites.
    Can't wait to see it as a movie by Guillermo Del Toro (he bought the rights)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is very distinguished looking edition of DROOD, Mr. R.T.

Like Geoff, I mark the ordered book email receipts in a folder, but then I forget about them anyway sometimes.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that Drood is nice. That along with The Terror are probably the best jobs Subterranean has done with a book. Very nice!
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hatchards Signed Editions

Hatchards is pleased to announce that we have the following Signed Editions in stock:

Luka and the Fire of Life by Salman Rushdie
    Please note that this title is available in the following editions:

Special Signed and Slipcased Edition - £25
    This is a first edition numbered out of 1000.

Standard Signed Edition - £12.99
    This is not a first edition.

On a beautiful starry night in the city of Kahani in the land of Alifbay a terrible thing happened: twelve-year-old Luka’s storyteller father, Rashid, fell suddenly and inexplicably into a sleep so deep that nothing and no one could rouse him. To save him from slipping away entirely, Luka must embark on a journey through the Magic World, encountering a slew of phantasmagorical obstacles along the way, to steal the Fire of Life, a seemingly impossible and exceedingly dangerous task. With Haroun and the Sea of Stories Salman Rushdie proved that he is one of the best contemporary writers of fables, and it proved to be one of his most popular books with readers of all ages. While Haroun was written as a gift for his first son, Luka and the Fire of Life, the story of Haroun’s younger brother, is a gift for his second son on his twelfth birthday. Lyrical, rich with word-play, and with the narrative tension of the classic quest stories, this is Salman Rushdie at his very best.

If you would like to place an order for either of these editions then please telephone 020 7439 9921 and ask to speak to the Hardback Fiction Department or visit the Signed Editions section of our website, www.hatchards.co.uk
    John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If any Chuck Palahniuk fans out there are interested in acquiring signed copies of his books in various foreign languages, you might want to check out this link sooner rather than later:

http://www.sthelensbookshop.com/chuc...language-books

This store is legit.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to place a approximate value on a book I have and I know some of you guys collect Dan Simmons.

Any idea on the value of a proof from Putnam for "Summer of Night"? In about near fine condition. Everything is fine, but theres a few stains on the page edges. Also, it has the publisher's letter laid in.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, Dan Simmons' ARCs aren't too expensive. My guess is U$S 15, U$S 20.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds about right. An earlier title might draw more, but not much.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard there are two states to that proof. White spine - earliest. Black spine - later. I've got one with a white spine but do not recall ever seeing one with a black spine. Regardless, I think Ari's estimate is about right. They are priced all over the place on ABE from about $10 to $300.

Some of the early Simmons proofs can fetch high prices. SONG OF KALI by Bluejay Books is pretty scarce. And I have never seen a UK proof of that title. The huge proof of CARRION COMFORT by Dark Harvest with the plastic comb spine is also a very rare one.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just purchased a signed Lovedeath ARC for $20

Karl

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    I just purchased a signed Lovedeath ARC for $20

Karl
    Did you want this one for $20?

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Previously I've collected V.C. Andrews and Anne Rice.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tolkien, William Peter Blatty, Douglas Adams, Issac Asimov and the wife collects, Sue Grafton
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sort of snowed in today and felt like taking some pictures, so here's my first Richard Matheson shelf, in two parts:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Matheson collection!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Very nice!. Thanks for posting them.

Along the Path of the Beam debungsmere is on a distinguished road

I am on the younger side of 30 still so my collection isn't huge, but I think I have made good strides in getting some of my favorites.

My Stephen King collection is new. I have a 1st editiosn of DTI, DTV, DTVI, DTVII and a A/E DTVII. So the Gunslinger is my personal favorite obviously.

For other authors I read I always try to get their 1st editions never knowing when they will come in handy, but the ones I really collect are Kurt Vonnegut and JK Rowling. My biggest regret so far in collecting came about 7 years ago as i was graduating from college and had the opportunity to buy a HPI and HPII for $1,000 for both. I was moving across the country and couldn't scrape up the money. Of course now the second Potter book sells for several thousand dollars for a true first, the first HP is not priceless, but it doesn't sell to often. Bad move on my part!

As for Kurt Vonnegut - who I must say is my favorite author and got me into reading. I am trying to get a complete set of first editions. Much like King, a lot of his work were short stories, magazine publishings etc. But for books he's done roughly 25 depending on what you consider to be a book. I think right now I have 13 first editions of his, with my pride and joy being a 1st/1st of Slaughterhouse-Five which runs about $6-700. I am still missing Cat's Cradle which is his priciest book and is my personal favorite book. Someday I will find a copy that's within reach. I held one once at a used book store in San Fran, i wanted to run out of the store and see if they could catch me

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Were the Harry Potter books US or UK printings? If they were the UK printings, you really missed out! Those are REALLY pricey. You may be able to run into first printings of the US edition hardcovers occasionally. Just keep looking and I'll bet you can find them for less than $1000 each fairly easily.

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Some Vonnegut, all 1st editions:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Were the Harry Potter books US or UK printings? If they were the UK printings, you really missed out! Those are REALLY pricey. You may be able to run into first printings of the US edition hardcovers occasionally. Just keep looking and I'll bet you can find them for less than $1000 each fairly easily.

John
    They must have been the UK first's, which are the 'True" first editions after all. Like with Tolkien books. All US printings, while first in the States are actually like 11th or 12th printings. You can't get near a First/First LOTR book!!! They go for high 4 Low/Med 5 figure prices.

Real shame to miss out on those first/first HP books!!! Like John says though you keep looking you may get lucky!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast