Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    As anyone seen this video of Del Toro's collection??
    >>> http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/179...s-bleak-house/
    That was cool.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for that link!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Alan Moore's Jerusalem coming out in September: https://www.amazon.ca/Jerusalem-Alan...WE2A2XVSGBWCZ5
    Really looking forward to this. Gotta say this is the rare case where the slipcased 3 volume Trade Paper edition looks a bit more sexy than the hardcover: https://alanmooreworld.blogspot.com/...e-edition.html

Either way, Alan Moore is The Man.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Also looking forward to this.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Calling all Rex Miller fans. I recently acquired a Fine copy of Frenzy ( PBO, 1988 ) from ABE books. The reputable seller listed it as "signed/inscribed", which it was. I wasn't so concerned about that (it was a $20 plus shipping), so I didn't even inquire about the signature. I was really just looking for a Fine copy of the book, and the price was good. Anyway, here is the signed inscription...

That's right, it's in crayon. I've never seen a Rex Miller signature before, so I checked the signature on his signed/limited book St. Louis Blues (1992), which I don't have yet, but will at some point, and this is what it looks like...

Obviously they are completely different. What makes this more intriguing is that the book also came with this (some sort of cut out postage stamp)...

I know for a fact his home base was East Prairie, Missouri. Whether the address is correct, I have no idea. Anyway, did I get fleeced here? Do people actually fake signatures using crayon? Did Rex Miller have a different signature in 1988 vs. 1992? Not too concerned either way (as the book is indeed in Fine condition, which is rare for this book), but I'm just curious. Thanks.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Unbound signed ARCs on sale $30:

http://grimoakpress.com/product/arc-of-unbound/
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Best of Aquila Rift lettered by Alastair Reynolds

John F. Kennedy Ebdim9th is on a distinguished road

Never heard of Alastair Reynolds ... interested now that I've checked out his website .... (For some reason I'm wondering if he inspired Joss Whedon to do Firefly. Probably just a shot in the dark, I'll find out when I read something Reynolds has written. Maybe it's just the last name and the artwork above.)

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Hi all, I have a lettered copy of Summer of Night I'd like to sell. Would just like to get my money out of it, 750 and I'll cover shipping and insurance.

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Best of Aquila Rift lettered by Alastair Reynolds

What an underappreciated photo.

Beautiful book, even better stories.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Moorcock Elric Deluxe S/N
    Altered Carbon Letter X
    Wandering Star Leather/Deluxe REH

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Martian Chronicles Lettered
    Ender's Game S/N

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    What an underappreciated photo.
    Ha! The other pictures were just camouflage so I could have an excuse to post that one.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought a SP The Last Unicorn: The Lost Version for 75 cents. I need some advice about how to get the library pocket, the comment sheet and the Brodart dust jacket cover unglued. Any suggestions? Good news is that it looks unread and in great condition otherwise.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice find Becca! (if you anymore, let me know!)

Personally, I would leave it there rather than risk damaging the book. I would only worry about it if you ever came to sell it on.

(otherwise, maybe try gentle heat from a hairdryer to loosen the glue?)

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was always told to use hairdryer heat to remove stickers, but have never tried it. Regardless, in that condition, what a deal!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I was always told to use hairdryer heat to remove stickers, but have never tried it. Regardless, in that condition, what a deal!
    That's what I would try as well, that or a warm (not hot!) iron...something to warm the adhesive and hopefully allow you to lift the pocket, etc. up and off.

To be honest, though, unless you're just doing it for your own preference/aesthetics, removing the ex-library stuff won't increase the value...once an ex-library w/ the telltale marks, always an ex-library, and the value is all but destroyed because of it. So you won't be increasing the potential resale value, if that was the goal, and as such it's not worth the hassle...but if it's just for yourself, I'd give the hairdryer (first) and iron (second) a try.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    That's what I would try as well, that or a warm (not hot!) iron...something to warm the adhesive and hopefully allow you to lift the pocket, etc. up and off.

To be honest, though, unless you're just doing it for your own preference/aesthetics, removing the ex-library stuff won't increase the value...once an ex-library w/ the telltale marks, always an ex-library, and the value is all but destroyed because of it. So you won't be increasing the potential resale value, if that was the goal, and as such it's not worth the hassle...but if it's just for yourself, I'd give the hairdryer (first) and iron (second) a try.
    It's for myself although a library copy recently sold for $260 so I would say my 75 cent investment was a good one.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Yes, sorry, I was speaking in general terms. I've no idea the demand for the Beagle book; it sounds like it's one of those rare exceptions where even an ex-library 1st ed. can retain some value.

Country
    Country Flag

Success! Used hairdryer and rubber cement eraser for pocket, used alcohol for the comment sheet. Haven't tackled the Brodart cover. That will be for another day.

Wow, that looks fantastic, Rebecca, much better than I would have expected...congrats!

Have you checked with Bill at Sub Press to see if maybe, just maybe, he has a dustjacket or two stashed away for emergencies? Slim chance, I know, given its '07 pub date, but might be worth a check.

By the way, in reference to my earlier post, WOW, you're right about its persistent value...I checked ABE to find out its pub date, and, wow, $500 for ex-library w/ wear and markings and $2K for a Fine/Fine. I'd no idea. Based on the improvements you've made and unless there's some page-top library stamping that I'm not seeing, your example has to be around $1K, I'd think. Heck of a return on your 75-cent investment!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found this at library sale today for $2. Been after one for a long time

Ender's game 1ST/1ST HC

I'm afraid I don't believe that's a 1st of ENDER'S GAME -- this is what I always understood the 1st/1st to look like:

http://www.lwcurrey.com/pages/books/...rd/enders-game

https://www.raptisrarebooks.com/prod...dition-signed/

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Success! Used hairdryer and rubber cement eraser for pocket, used alcohol for the comment sheet. Haven't tackled the Brodart cover. That will be for another day.
    Great job!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that looks fantastic, Rebecca, much better than I would have expected...congrats!

Have you checked with Bill at Sub Press to see if maybe, just maybe, he has a dustjacket or two stashed away for emergencies? Slim chance, I know, given its '07 pub date, but might be worth a check.

By the way, in reference to my earlier post, WOW, you're right about its persistent value...I checked ABE to find out its pub date, and, wow, $500 for ex-library w/ wear and markings and $2K for a Fine/Fine. I'd no idea. Based on the improvements you've made and unless there's some page-top library stamping that I'm not seeing, your example has to be around $1K, I'd think. Heck of a return on your 75-cent investment!
    Thanks. I did ask Bill and he said unfortunately that's one they don't have. The dust jacket seems to look really good under the mylar so it might not be an issue. I just have to carefully cut off the Brodart and then carefully unglue the paper stuck to the pastedown. Hoping this is just as easy as the comment sheet. Other than that the boards are perfect. I can't see any other problems. All the library stickers were on the outside of the Brodart.

BTW - I can only assume the value is so high because this is actually the only edition that was ever published (in print).

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid I don't believe that's a 1st of ENDER'S GAME -- this is what I always understood the 1st/1st to look like:

http://www.lwcurrey.com/pages/books/...rd/enders-game

https://www.raptisrarebooks.com/prod...dition-signed/
    Omg you are correct . It's the revised edition... well, I was close lol

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I already own some other books from Jack Ketchum but to get one of his rare signed books from a contest was a nice surprise...

Jack Ketchum - Versteckt - Hide and Seek
    German first edition - HEYNE HARDCORE signed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast