Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 1067 ... LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,175 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $99.99 BIN-HURRY:
    Artists Inspired by Stephen King - Knowing Darkness - signed by Beahm - BIN $99

with EXCLUSIVE bonus 24 fold-outs in acetate sleeve
    Well worth it!

Jerome is right. If you want one then hurry. He sold out in a day last time.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $99.99 BIN-HURRY:
    Artists Inspired by Stephen King - Knowing Darkness - signed by Beahm - BIN $99

with EXCLUSIVE bonus 24 fold-outs in acetate sleeve
    Well worth it!

Jerome is right. If you want one then hurry. He sold out in a day last time.
    JUMPED ON IT... THIS TIME......Missed out by not being online much last time was offered. 3 of the ten offered already bought.

Thanks for posting Jerome

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice catch!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Look what I found coming up for sale.

http://fineart.ha.com/itm/illustrati...-24002.s#Photo

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Wow, always wondered where the original was.
    Are you going to bid on it?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that would look great above the fireplace!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post

I once saw this painting in person at John McLaughlin's store in Los Angeles (or some suburb of LA) around 1998 or so. His store was called The Book Sail and it was a wonder to walk through and look at the treasures he had for sale but, towards the end, the store was in disarray. At least it looked that way to me. Stacks of original Carl Barks artwork laying on the floor, priceless (well that's not quite true, everything had a price) books laying haphazardly on shelves. The Firestarter painting was on the floor propped up against a wall in a dark corner of the store. It really didn't look like much without proper lighting but I knew exactly what it was and what it would look like with directional or track lighting. No glass over the artwork and I was concerned that something might inadvertently rub up against it. Maybe it did, I don't know. I wondered whatever happened to it.

I am not going to bid on it. I wonder if David will? For some reason I thought McLaughlin was asking $20,000 for it but I don't know if he told me that or if I just guessed at the price. My gut tells me it might reach $35,000 or so at Heritage. But I could be off by a mile either high or low. Anyone else with thoughts on the selling price?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I once saw this painting in person at John McLaughlin's store in Los Angeles (or some suburb of LA) around 1998 or so. His store was called The Book Sail and it was a wonder to walk through and look at the treasures he had for sale but, towards the end, the store was in disarray. At least it looked that way to me. Stacks of original Carl Barks artwork laying on the floor, priceless (well that's not quite true, everything had a price) books laying haphazardly on shelves. The Firestarter painting was on the floor propped up against a wall in a dark corner of the store. It really didn't look like much without proper lighting but I knew exactly what it was and what it would look like with directional or track lighting. No glass over the artwork and I was concerned that something might inadvertently rub up against it. Maybe it did, I don't know. I wondered whatever happened to it.

I am not going to bid on it. I wonder if David will? For some reason I thought McLaughlin was asking $20,000 for it but I don't know if he told me that or if I just guessed at the price. My gut tells me it might reach $35,000 or so at Heritage. But I could be off by a mile either high or low. Anyone else with thoughts on the selling price?
    Bob,

Your instinct is accurate. Here are some previous Heritage Auction results for Whelan originals:

2008: Fighting Man of Mars 1979 21" x 27" acrylic on board $17,000
    2010: Gate Of Ivrel 1976 18" x 17" acrylic on board $4000
    2010: Dragon Token 1991 28.5" x 18.5" acrylic on board $3500
    2012: Martian Chronicles 1990 26" x 47" acrylic on masonite $30,000

The Firestarter artwork is 24" x 32" acrylic on board and, like the Bradbury cover, will likely generate a premium price. If two motivated bidders square off it could go over $40,000!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont see any starting price on the page? I wonder if Frank Darabont would bid on it.

In the past I have noticed that this artwork was used as the cover for a book that wasnt King's.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I dont see any starting price on the page? I wonder if Frank Darabont would bid on it.

In the past I have noticed that this artwork was used as the cover for a book that wasnt King's.
    It is just a preview for now. The auction isn't until October 17. They open the bidding a week to a month prior to the sale. Higher priced auctions and charity auctions are usually open to bidding for a longer time.

Country
    Country Flag

Not King but intriguing none the less.

US $1,750,200.00 on 21 bids.

Action Comics #1 - June 1938 Superman's Debut, CGC 9.0 - Perfect White Pages

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where this has been since those days? Like who owned it, or who's putting it up for auction?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Does anyone know where this has been since those days? Like who owned it, or who's putting it up for auction?
    The listing states "From the Estate of John McLaughlin."

So he apparently kept it until his death.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, okay. I missed that. Thanks.

I think that is right. Perhaps his heirs are slowly disposing of his estate. It makes me hopeful that one day the elusive Carrie proof that he supposedly had will surface. Stu Schiff was involved in selling estate items early on after John's death. He said he looked and looked but could never find it.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Would you say the Carrie proof was your biggest want, Bob? Is there any other King item you'd rather have than that proof?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not King but intriguing none the less.

US $1,750,200.00 on 21 bids.

Action Comics #1 - June 1938 Superman's Debut, CGC 9.0 - Perfect White Pages

That's INSANE!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Would you say the Carrie proof was your biggest want, Bob? Is there any other King item you'd rather have than that proof?
    I would say the Carrie proof would be tops. But at this point in my life I doubt I would be comfortable spending what I think it would take to buy it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that is right. Perhaps his heirs are slowly disposing of his estate. It makes me hopeful that one day the elusive Carrie proof that he supposedly had will surface. Stu Schiff was involved in selling estate items early on after John's death. He said he looked and looked but could never find it.
    I was gonna ask if you tried contacting his 'family' about it (probably not the best way to get a good deal...), but your newest message answers it i guess.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I would say the Carrie proof would be tops. But at this point in my life I doubt I would be comfortable spending what I think it would take to buy it.
    Can you share a little more about this particular Carrie proof? I'm guessing it's what is mentioned here as "rumored to exist", so a proof and not the more common ARC?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 1067 ... LastLast