Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 750 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I got the original email, but thanks for posting the second one, Explorer. Interesting.
    I may have recieved that due to my attempts at communication with seller:
    I sent this message:
    To: christopheryarnold2011
    Subject: Shipping: wxxxxe sent a message about Stephen King Signed Limited Firestarter VERY RARE LETTERED! #140652812727
    Sent Date: Nov-30-11 12:44:22 PST
    Dear christopheryarnold2011, I have an interest in the Lettered Firestarter however in purchasing an item of such value I would hesitate to purchase and have shipped to me especially without first viewing. Will you consider having the item picked up in person? Is there anyway to have someone view the item in person prior to bidding. I live in Florida however have associates in NYC. I am a very serious collector and this is an item I am lacking from my collection. Jim-
    .....and recieved this response:
    Hi Jim, Due to the value and age of the book, I do not feel comfortable having the book handled in any way prior to the sale. While I completely understand your hesitation, unfortunately there is nothing else I can offer outside of the well detailed photos and description that I have documented on the original listing on eBay. If there are any other specific questions I can answer for you, please do not hesitate to ask. In addition, I do offer a return policy granted that there is something wrong with the book. Should the buyer have an issue with the book per the description I have documented, I am glad to accept the book back for a full refund. Buyers remorse is not covered in my return policy. I hope that helps. Kind regards, Christopher- christopheryarnold2011
    HOWEVER, any further attempts to get an answer as to whether item could be picked up in person were ignored.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I'm glad things worked out. However, food for thought....

who is to say that the Abe book seller didn't put it out there to see what the Christmas market would bring, not happy with the the final bids showing up the last two days, contacted EBay with the story, and now they don't have to sell it under legal obligations.

Haha....I love a good conspiracy theory.

The Abe seller is calling EBay names in his listing. Not trying to take Ebays side here, but they can't just all of a sudden pull an auction without looking into all stories.......that takes time.

Mulleins
    I know I'm late to the party here - but when I saw the seller in NY, I also asked a delivery question that went unanswered. Through my communication, I received one of those emails from eBay as well.

While I did think that the book went for less than I would hope for if I was the seller, there is a ring of possibility that factors in Mulleins' theory.

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Think i remember someone was looking for the Secretary of Dreams 1 Arc
    This one is overpriced in my opinion but maybe the price is negotiable .

http://www.biblio.com/details.php?dc...789&aid=bkfndr

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That does seem over-priced to me also. Maybe make the seller an offer?

John

Traveler FINEBOOKS is an unknown quantity at this point

Default ASBESTOS FIRESTARTER EBAY SCAM

I too love a good conspiracy theory and this one posted here is by an idiot. CROOKS&THIEVES.COM aka CAVEAT EMPTOR BAY pulled this auction because they realized that what I told them was the truth.

Is this not plainly evident from your previous postings! This sociopath could not show you the book because HE DID NOT HAVE THE BOOK !!!

Listen up:

You will note now that EBAY has removed this item and does not even acknowledge the incident anywhere. Remind you of anything.....

HELLO: FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    WAR IS PEACE
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
    EBAY IS BULLSHIT

Don't you find it absolutely bizarre that CROOKS&THIEVES.COM, which legally continues to call itself only a venue without any responsibility to what any potential vender/lister might do, even has a fraud/protection policy! Isn't that the most outrageous example of hypocrisy you can imagine? If they're just a venue without care or concern of what happens between seller & buyer, then why do they have such a department within their business model? The whole business is the theater of the absurd.

I guess I was wrong when I wrote this P.S., eh Jim.

{P.S. We trust you were too intelligent to place a bid on this item from one who claims that this was his first offering on Crooks&Thieves.com, but they was a verified PAYPAL user. Pretty funny, no?}

By the way, Jim, you owe your good fortune to another person besides myself. He is the one who brought this to my attention in the first place. Had he not done this, we would have never contacted CAVEAT EMPTOR BAY and you would have lost more than $12,400. You would have lost considerable face as well. Don't you know by now that if it seems too good to be true, that's because it is !!!

P.S. We will of course not be offering anything to Mulleins nor accept any order from him. And if you think the Stephen King items we have listed on Abebooks are the only ones we have, boy, ya' couldn't be more wrong.
    We have items yet to offer that would make the primo SK collectors drool!

Most sincerely,
    David Aronovitz
    THE FINE BOOKS COMPANY

Mulleins[/QUOTE]

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

More King books from Camelot. This is the updated list:

Signed Limiteds
    Black House/Talisman gift set in shrinkwrap Grant $75.00
    Colorado Kid Potter Art PS Publishing 2007 $275.00
    The Plant (Installment One, Two and Three)
    Installment One numbered, signed and inscribed (rough)
    Installment Two numbered, signed and inscribed (fine)
    Installment Three unsigned and unnumbered (fine)
    Philtrum Press1983 Set of 3 in Custom Traycase $3000.00
    Blockade Billy Cemetery Dance
    1st edition trade (unsigned) in shrinkwrap with card $75.00
    Signed limited traycased SOLD
    Dark Tower VI Song of Susanna signed ltd still in shrinkwrap$500.00
    Dark Tower VII The Dark Tower signed ltd still in shrinkwrap$500.00
    Transgressions, Forge 2005 signed limited (200) signed by Lawrence Block, John Farris, Jeffery Denver, Stephen King, Ed McBain, Sharyn McCrumb, Walter Mosley, Joyce Carol Oates, Anne Perry and Donald Westlake SOLD

Dark Tower Grant Trade Editions
    The Drawing of the Three SOLD
    The Wastelands in shrinkwrap $50.00
    Wizard and Glass fine SOLD
    Song of Susannah Artist in Shrinkwrap SOLD
    The Dark Tower Artist in Shrinkwrap $60.00

Other Editions
    Insomnia UK Gift Edition in slipcase SOLD
    My Pretty Pony in shrinkwrap SOLD
    Salem's Lot Centipede Press new in shrinkwrap SOLD
    ABA Thinner in wrappers SOLD
    Lighthouse IV Stephen King Special Issue 1 Calvin House 2005
    In wrappers as new ltd to 300 copies SOLD
    Hardcover as new ltd to 52 copies $125.00
    Fantasy and Science Fiction Gunslinger serialization October 1989, April 1080, February, July and November 1981 Set of five books condition nice but they have mail labels in custom slipcase $140.00
    Dreamcatcher promotional ledger (book is not "flat" not creased but some slight folds, still a nice copy) $50.00

Books About King
    Cemetery Dance
    Uncollected Unpublished SOLD
    The Dark Tower the Complete Concordance $40.00
    Subterranean Press Stephen King Goes to the Movies $40.00
    Overlook Connection The Lost Work of Stephen King $50.00

Doubleday - 1st editions pictures available if you are really interested.
    Carrie - Erasure to corner of front flyleaf, ink stamp to top edge of pages, spine leaning somewhat, jacket very lightly edge worn with a half-inch closed tear to bottom of front fold and unobtrusive ink initials to verso of rear flap housed in custom slipcase SOLD

Salem's Lot - second state jacket (price clipped $7.95 price with Father Cody) book is beautiful and while the jacket has some chipping to top and bottom of spine and a fold across the bottom front, (the jackets on these are usually trashed) $700.00 housed in custom slipcase

The Shining - book has some edge wear but nice solid tight book, jacket very nice, with no visible defects just some typical yellowing $350.00 housed in custom slipcase

Nightshift - book is near fine with very slight lien, jacket has some yellowing, small stain to front right top corner, chipping to top and bottom of spine $600.00 housed in custom slipcase

Bachman Books 1st editions
    Rage cover real nice, some wear to edges of spine over all a very nice copy $200.00
    Long Walk NF with very slight edgewear $75.00

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one here that is a little confused by the ridiculous post above by "FINEBOOKS"?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No you are not alone there pal....

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check out my confused face!!!!!!

The only thing I did get was that Ralph is not getting any books!

Uh, ok......

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've re-read it three times and I'm still confused. Is there some behind the scenes stuff that I'm unaware of???? Why black ball Ralph and provoke Jim?

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I thought I was just missing something because I'm new.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Newbie was confused.........along with the rest of us!

AKC

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Am I the only one here that is a little confused by the ridiculous post above by "FINEBOOKS"?
    No.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I've seen insane bookseller behavior before so nothing would shock me.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FINEBOOKS View Post
    And if you think the Stephen King items we have listed on Abebooks are the only ones we have, boy, ya' couldn't be more wrong.
    Woopy Doo!

I actually have some genuine Stephen King drool that I keep in a vial in my bookcase. Beat that!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FINEBOOKS, I understand that you are upset over someone "selling" one of your books and trying to scam a collector. And I certainly understand the bile toward eBay, with all their fees and BS policies and general unhelpfulness. But neither Jim nor Mulleins had anything to do with that. And eBay eventually did the right thing. Take a couple of deep breaths and you'll realize that NO ONE here wants to see a collector or a bookseller get scammed. Hell, we're on your side!

I'm sure Jim appreciates not having to go through the hassle of getting restitution through PayPal or his credit card. But he would have eventually gotten made whole (unless he did something idiotic like send a cashier's check or a wire transfer.). And Mulleins? Heck, he was just "thinking out loud." It wasn't a direct disparagement of you. This is a message board after all and all sorts of conversation gets batted around. If you had come in here and stated your case and THEN someone calls you out or whatever with no proof, that would be uncalled for.

But no one did that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read this a few times and am still greatly confused!!! Such is my lot in life!! LOL I sure would love a classic "Mulleins" story/explanation of the entire fiasco. Those are always so well done, Ralph!!! You are "Da Man"!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually have some genuine Stephen King drool that I keep in a vial in my bookcase. Beat that!!!
    LOL!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I too love a good conspiracy theory and this one posted here is by an idiot.

P.S. We will of course not be offering anything to Mulleins nor accept any order from him. And if you think the Stephen King items we have listed on Abebooks are the only ones we have, boy, ya' couldn't be more wrong.

Most sincerely,
    David Aronovitz
    THE FINE BOOKS COMPANY

No story here, I was just thinking out loud.

David, In response to your P.S. Of things to offer that would make the primo collectors drool......... That means you've been in my closet you naughty naughty boy.

Welcome to our site David. Hope you stick around, chat, and become friends with the top King collectors in the world. They are the ones that read your post and could be your customer.

Merry Christmas
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"Welcome to our site David. Hope you stick around, chat, and become friends with the top King collectors in the world."

Are you kidding? This guy is a dick. Whether he is/was someone big in relation to the Stephen King/bookselling world doesn't matter. The only excuse for a post like that is if he was high, drunk, or it was a prank. That's about it, and I doubt it was any of those reasons.

David, Ralph says stick around. Shannon says fuck off.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I too love a good conspiracy theory and this one posted here is by an idiot.

Most sincerely,
    David Aronovitz
    THE FINE BOOKS COMPANY

No story here, I was just thinking out loud.

David, In response to your P.S. Of things to offer that would make the primo collectors drool......... That means you've been in my closet you naughty naughty boy.

Welcome to our site David. Hope you stick around, chat, and become friends with the top King collectors in the world. They are the ones that read your post and could be your customer.

Merry Christmas

Well said.

I know after reading that post I don't plan on becoming a customer of his in the future.

I thought the theory was hilarious, and not without plausibility. I've seen the things that greed can corrupt people to do on eBay.

If it were myself that had won that auction I would be fully investigating the identity of the owner of that account, and pushing for legal action against that person for (possibly) fraud. I'm rather sick of the crap people think they can get away with on eBay due to pseudo-anonymity.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins: Kudos to you for being mature, kind, and respectful. I actually hate drama most of the time, but I cannot in this case.

Shannon: You are not allowed to say this guy is a dick. You absolutely must not say he's a dick. To imply that he's a dick is fine. Kinda'like I am. However site policy precludes you from actually saying he's a dick, so please don't say he's a dick. If you do say he's a dick I might have to ban you for like ten seconds as a warning not to say he's a dick. Although it's not very nice i'm not sure our policies preclude you from telling him to fuck off. I think that's allowed.

David: I don't really give a damn who you are, or what you got. You could have everything and only want a dollar for it. It means nothing. It makes a good deal of sense to have "items that would make the primo SK collectors drool for sale and then be beligerent with the largest group of SK collectors anywhere. What means a hell of a lot is how you treat people and i can and will tell you that you WILL NOT treat our members badly. If you can't act like an adult please go away. Oh, and I'd be proud to be in Ralph's company. Please do ban me from buying from you. Oh, yeah right i kinda already banned you from my dollars. If you'd like to stay around and get to know some of the most awesome people and collectors there are though please do. You will not regret it. Best to you!

~Brice Beede
    Lumberton, NC
    Bbeede2@gmailcom

... Just so you know whose business you don't want. You might wanna write that down.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Devilish

You know ive been on other message boards where a bookseller acts like a jackass and no one says anything. In some cases they defend the bookseller if theyve bought something from them in the past. What I like about this board is you guys actually have backbones and stick up for each other. That's a rare thing these days.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Brice, I understand. What I meant to say ...

This guy is a Richard!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very well said Brice. Makes me proud to be a part of this community.
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 750 ... LastLast