Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 415 815 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it's just a matter of having the item with all issued components. I would not pay substantially more, but I would pay a bit more for the extra stuff.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I have no skin in the game because I have never owned a CUJO guitar, nor do I ever expect to own one (although they are pretty sweet). But I won't let that stop me from chiming in anyway.

What value is the warranty on the item at this point? Under what circumstances can you now return the item? And would you actually return it at this point in time? Isn't the warranty a bigger factor when the guitar is new, or in the case where a guitar is played regularly, or it can be replaced by the manufacturer with a duplicate?

As far as the rest of the paperwork, what does it prove? When I buy a S/L edition of a book, I don't care if the seller has the original publisher's invoice, box, or any of that. I know the item is what it claims to be by simply looking at it.

What is the price differential you would personally expect on an auction of the S/L guitar alone vs. an auction of the S/L guitar including paperwork?

These are honest questions from an admitted bystander, but I am interested in people's opinions on them. Thanks.
    My highest priority would be the playability of the guitar. I would want assurance that I could return it if there was any warping/bowing of the neck, any issue with maintaining tune. etc.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I have no skin in the game because I have never owned a CUJO guitar, nor do I ever expect to own one (although they are pretty sweet). But I won't let that stop me from chiming in anyway.

What value is the warranty on the item at this point? Under what circumstances can you now return the item? And would you actually return it at this point in time? Isn't the warranty a bigger factor when the guitar is new, or in the case where a guitar is played regularly, or it can be replaced by the manufacturer with a duplicate?

As far as the rest of the paperwork, what does it prove? When I buy a S/L edition of a book, I don't care if the seller has the original publisher's invoice, box, or any of that. I know the item is what it claims to be by simply looking at it.

What is the price differential you would personally expect on an auction of the S/L guitar alone vs. an auction of the S/L guitar including paperwork?

These are honest questions from an admitted bystander, but I am interested in people's opinions on them. Thanks.
    My highest priority would be the playability of the guitar. I would want assurance that I could return it if there was any warping/bowing of the neck, any issue with maintaining tune. etc.
    You don't play the guitar! Actually I played mine a little. I took lessons for 6 months, but I took great pains to keep it in immaculate condition. One of the things I WOULD NOT do was strumming as the risk for scratching the body is too much for me to accept.
    It's the sweetest sounding guitar I have heard. My instructor salivated over it-and he owns 50+ guitars.
    Ask Evilash how it sounds-he actually knows how to play and has one.
    I still stick to my $100 for the paperwork.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Just to continue the paperwork discussion. I have a copy of Dreamcatcher Facsimile ledger and a copy of Dreamcatcher, Early Reading Copy. I think I may be able to get about $60-$65 for both in an eBay auction, and maybe $80 total if sold separate. I was browsing Abe and found this listing for $250. If it sells, then the paperwork may have doubled the price of the ledger and ARC. The listing has several interesting paperwork items that many people just discarded. Also, my understanding of the listing is that the two letters are not even original. There used to be a saying, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure…
    Listing…
    Dreamcater, Scribner's 2000/2001., NY, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: As New. Dust Jacket Condition: As New. First Edition. The Advance Promotional Issue of the Hardcover with circular purple-and-white sticker affixed stating "The proof is in the read!/ Early Reading Copy/ NOT FOR SALE/ On sale March 20, 2001"; WITH the scarce 12-page FACSIMILE of the first 10 pages of the first of the two ledgers in which King handwrote the novel, which contains two little map sketches by King as well as lists of the characters and times of some of their actions and places of appearance in the manuscript, along with snippets of dialogue to be inserted, a list of "Beaverisms" and much more. A fascinating look at King in the moment of creating! The Ledger measures 12 3/4" x 7 1/2" and is stapled, with the covers being a reproduction of the leather binding of the actual ledger, with a color photo of the finished jacket art on the front and a boxed note detailing the dates of writing on the rear cover. Includes two xeroxes of letters from the Editor-in-Chief of Scribner's, the first one dated 22 December 2000, sent with the ledger reproduction, and the second dated 26 February 2001, commenting on the facsimile being sent the previous month (sic) and accompanying the Advance Copy of the book. Enclosed with the latter is a Comment Card to be filled out and returned to Scribner. Also included is a color postcard, postmarked Feb 12 '01, again reproducing the finished jacket art and advising the recipient to "Read a chapter now at Simon & Schuster's Website. The complete Promotional output, so far as I have seen. The BOOK is AS NEW in LIKE DW; the LEDGER is AS NEW in Wraps. [NOTE: Any book listed as a First Edition will also ALWAYS be a 1st Printing.].

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really enjoying all the discussion on the guitars and more general topic of the value of additional paperwork as it relates to individual collectors' perception of value.

TwistedNadine, that is a great scenario (and one more common). Assuming I were in the market for the book in your example:

If I liked the look of the signature in the book with all the extras, I would likely buy it for market value, maybe a little higher (up to $25) because of the provenance items if the signed book were in short supply. I would likely still ask a couple other collectors for their opinions of legitimacy first.

In regards to the other flatsigned book, I simply would not buy it unless I knew the seller. If it were inscribed, and I thought it looked legit, I would ask other collectors their opinions before pulling the trigger.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only time paperwork would matter to me would be if it added provenance; if it somehow helped prove the item was genuine. Like at a bookstore signing event or something. I don't know anything about guitars in general or a Cujo guitar in particular. Is there any question at all that it is a genuine King item? It that is not an issue, I certainly wouldn't pay more for various and assorted paperwork.

I collect S/L editions. If I'm purchasing one for my collection, I don't need or want sales slips or brochures or original shipping box or whatever. I also don't save the shrinkwrap or store stickers. All that is just trash to me.

(And I'm not quite sure what an "heirloom" S/L is versus a regular S/L.)

Banned Thelangoleer will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

I'm with Dive on this one - unless it's an authenticity statement I don't think it would add much value.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

You don't play the guitar! Actually I played mine a little. I took lessons for 6 months, but I took great pains to keep it in immaculate condition. One of the things I WOULD NOT do was strumming as the risk for scratching the body is too much for me to accept.
    It's the sweetest sounding guitar I have heard. My instructor salivated over it-and he owns 50+ guitars.
    Ask Evilash how it sounds-he actually knows how to play and has one.
    I still stick to my $100 for the paperwork.
    RF if the guitar sounds as good you describe you gotta keep playing it; a worn fretboard and some scratches on the body will add character!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I want to throw the question back at Patrick (and anyone else who cares to respond) using a scenario Im more familiar with:

Heres a poster of the FDNS signing - I think this is one of only two that exist (tho not sure how many were printed).
    Along with the poster there is a ticket, a book receipt, a printed map and a hand drawn map (hand drawn by the hotel manager with directions to the bookstore from the hotel), business card from Riverrun Bookstore, and pictures taken of King signing the book.

Two auctions - Flatsigned FDNS One auction has the items listed above, the other nothing but the book. Both are in fine/fine condition. Signatures are comparable.

Assuming FMV is 250. How much more would you pay for the extra items - or how much less would pay for book with no provenance?
    I think your value is about $50 higher than it really is...one would be lucky to get $200 for this IMO (no reliable closed auction to search on ebay currently).

Still, on this, I would pay $25 more for the paperwork (the maps and business card do nothing for me, but the rest of the stuff is good).

And neostasus....I don't believe you would throw out the receipt, ticket and pictures.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Thelangoleer View Post
    I'm with Dive on this one - unless it's an authenticity statement I don't think it would add much value.
    Authenticity statements more often than not are not worth the paper they are printed on.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelangoleer View Post
    Authenticity statements more often than not are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    If this book was going to be an heirloom or an investment i would absolutely pay more. I had a guy willing to pay me over $100 more for a SIGNED LIMITED book he wanted as an heirloom as compared to a mint copy without the paper from easton press. This was a Signed limited. They were ALL SIGNED! but that paper made him feel warm and cozy. again, It was an heirloom and so didnt want anyone questioning the validity 30 or 40 years from now. I know for a fact there are many more just like this guy cause thats not the only time its happened. The extra "shit" is pretty valuable if its being bought as an heirloom or an investment.
    my two cents
    That's not even the same ballpark, imo.

Something that came with the book is one thing.
    Ticket stubs and receipts and flyers from some event that had nothing to do with the book is another. It just seems a bit silly at that point. But that's just me.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I want to throw the question back at Patrick (and anyone else who cares to respond) using a scenario Im more familiar with:

Heres a poster of the FDNS signing - I think this is one of only two that exist (tho not sure how many were printed).
    Along with the poster there is a ticket, a book receipt, a printed map and a hand drawn map (hand drawn by the hotel manager with directions to the bookstore from the hotel), business card from Riverrun Bookstore, and pictures taken of King signing the book.

Two auctions - Flatsigned FDNS One auction has the items listed above, the other nothing but the book. Both are in fine/fine condition. Signatures are comparable.

Assuming FMV is 250. How much more would you pay for the extra items - or how much less would pay for book with no provenance?
    I think your value is about $50 higher than it really is...one would be lucky to get $200 for this IMO (no reliable closed auction to search on ebay currently).

Still, on this, I would pay $25 more for the paperwork (the maps and business card do nothing for me, but the rest of the stuff is good).

And neostasus....I don't believe you would throw out the receipt, ticket and pictures.
    I really don't care what you believe.

Receipts, pictures, etc. don't "prove" anything. I've seen forgers on ebay who had legit pictures and receipts and flyers from signings who (likely) bought one book to be signed and a bunch of extras to forge. Do those items that "prove" authenticity make the forged books legit? Of course not.
    It's the same as a rubbish COA. There's no literal CONNECTION to the book. You could take a COA from an authentic signed book and put it next to a forged book and then what? That makes it legit? Nope, sorry...

Here's an example of "papers" I would consider worth keeping.

I once bought and sold a S/L of Eyes Of The Dragon. It included the original letter to the customer informing that person that they had won the lottery for the right to purchase the book. It included the original envelope from Philtrum and the letter had a nice company heading and was signed by someone from the company etc.

That to me is cool, and something of value.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Ticket stubs and receipts and flyers from some event that had nothing to do with the book is another. It just seems a bit silly at that point. But that's just me.
    Yes, it's just you. However, when an auction is posted, a seller in most instances is happy to have "ephemera" associated with the item. And usually a buyer looks forward to, and often will pay more for bonus materials.
    They can always be disposed of, but never legitimately replaced.
    As for the EOTD letter, I had that professionally reproduced-one would never know the difference.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Oh I love these discussions.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    As for the EOTD letter, I had that professionally reproduced-one would never know the difference.
    lol, right...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the following ephemera for my copy of the signed contest manuscript copy of The Green Mile Part 1: The Two Dead Girls:

A copy of the entry to the contest
    Letter from the publisher to the contest winner (dated August 29, 1996)
    Printed copies of all six of the contest winner entries (one for each volume)
    Printed copy of the Yahoo auction from which the winner sold the book to the guy I bought it from (auction ended June 27, 1999)
    Printed copies of the email correspondence between the winner and the buyer
    Printed copy of the eBay auction from which I bought the item

Some of the best provenance I've ever seen.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King's The Shining ABC Miniseries Movie Promotional CD-Rom Press Kit

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:1123
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting at only $99; S/L of The Very Best of Best New Horror.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200806023333

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent starting price Jerome.

I started you off with a bid.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default Granta (Dune)

It's only $3 on amazon right now.Nice product too.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/190...ls_o00_s00_i00

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have the following ephemera for my copy of the signed contest manuscript copy of The Green Mile Part 1: The Two Dead Girls:

A copy of the entry to the contest
    Letter from the publisher to the contest winner (dated August 29, 1996)
    Printed copies of all six of the contest winner entries (one for each volume)
    Printed copy of the Yahoo auction from which the winner sold the book to the guy I bought it from (auction ended June 27, 1999)
    Printed copies of the email correspondence between the winner and the buyer
    Printed copy of the eBay auction from which I bought the item

Some of the best provenance I've ever seen.

John
    Thats an impressive amount of provenance. imho these types of things makes the collectable more collectable
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Stephen King in a cage. When i want him to tell someone he has signed one of my books i just poke him.
    Beat that

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I have Stephen King in a cage. When i want him to tell someone he has signed one of my books i just poke him.
    Beat that
    I have his wife as a hostage so, I can make him do things from the cage even you can't!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 415 815 ... LastLast