Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 704 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It may be worthwhile to send this seller an email and ask for some pics/more info.

PET SEMATARY

The description says it's signed and the starting bid is $25. You never know...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...and it looks in good nick. Have you asked yet?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Does anyone know what these circular stamps on the copyright page are for? I've always assumed they were remainder marks but that might not be correct. It's a shame because this seems like such a nice book otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SAL...item1c1bf9d986
    I would not mind adding this book to my collection. I've definitely changed my standards when it comes to DJ condition but when it comes to the book itself I'm still quite forgiving. A stamp in an otherwise nice book doesn't bother me at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    ...and it looks in good nick. Have you asked yet?
    Not yet.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not mind adding this book to my collection. I've definitely changed my standards when it comes to DJ condition but when it comes to the book itself I'm still quite forgiving. A stamp in an otherwise nice book doesn't bother me at all.
    I'm with you Michaël; that R stamp wouldn't bother me at all, it's still a beautiful book.

I wrote to the Pet Sematary seller, haven't heard anything back yet but it's still early in the morning stateside.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Does anyone know what these circular stamps on the copyright page are for? I've always assumed they were remainder marks but that might not be correct. It's a shame because this seems like such a nice book otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SAL...item1c1bf9d986
    It is in great condition. You might have some competition from Juliana and Bob. I think it might fetch a good price.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still deciding what to do. I have a very nice copy in my collection but unfortunately it's priceclipped so I am sort of looking for an upgrade. But I spent a lot on some other items very recently (and I'm waiting for an email from Dave @ Betts to confirm if a particular item is still available) so I guess I'm not in the market for this one, this time.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    A stamp in an otherwise nice book doesn't bother me at all.
    It doesn't now. But it will.......oh....it will.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does it really bother you that much Bob???

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Does it really bother you that much Bob???
    I've bought quite a few books over the years with flaws that didn't seem important to me at the time. Maybe a price-clipped dj or a previous owner's name written in it. I thought I was getting a good price so I bought it thinking that it would be OK. I've found that over the next few months (or years, whatever) I would look at the book on the shelf knowing that it was flawed. It does bother me. It bothered me enough that I continued to look for a better copy even though I thought, at the time, that the book would do. For me, it never does. I'm always trying to get that "perfect" copy.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

See Bob, I'm anal but not that anal. I know there's no way to own every King book made; it's impossible, nobody can achieve it. Even if I had a million bucks in my pocket to get whatever I wanted, I know King isn't going to give up his Star Invaders . So what's the point? If the perfect complete collection isn't a possibility, I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. Lots less stressful that way In the meantime, I can still build a pretty damn nice collection ... even if there happens to be a "Circle R" here or a small rub there. Don't sweat the small stuff, makes collecting a whole lot more enjoyable! And keeps more money in your bank account!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm more like Bob in this. I have a 1st/1st of the UK Salem's Lot that's in near-mint condition EXCEPT its got library stamps on the title page and on the top of the pages. it doesn't even look like it's been opened, let alone read. I seriously doubt I'll ever be able to get a true near-mint edition without the flaws, but it still bugs me a bit.

John

I'm not talking about getting a copy of THE STAR INVADERS. I'm just talking about trade editions with lots of available copies. There are lots of copies of 'SALEM'S LOT UK first editions for sale on ABE and other places. I'm just saying that a slightly sub par copy doesn't satisfy me for very long, especially when other better copies are readily available.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Ok...I'm SO getting one of the 1408 ones!

I have all German lim. DVD´s...

Here is the lim. 1408: (also included. 1408 Postcard)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/customer-med...e=UTF8&index=0

In the lim Mist-Nebel box with holographic cover is included. 3 dvd Version of Nebel, Nebel Postcard, Nebel Poster, Promo DVD :

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a 10-rat FDNS for $350 starting, $450 BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-CHA...item2eb566a016

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not talking about getting a copy of THE STAR INVADERS. I'm just talking about trade editions with lots of available copies. There are lots of copies of 'SALEM'S LOT UK first editions for sale on ABE and other places. I'm just saying that a slightly sub par copy doesn't satisfy me for very long, especially when other better copies are readily available.
    I knew that's what you meant Bob, just giving you a hard time!

Plus, always looking for a good opportunity to use "anal" in a post. Anal. Anal. Anal.

Sorry, just got finished watching an hour of "Family Guy", and it rubs off. Be thankful I don't break into "The Bird is the Word".

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It may be worthwhile to send this seller an email and ask for some pics/more info.

PET SEMATARY

The description says it's signed and the starting bid is $25. You never know...
    Here's the response I got:

"Hi George. I can guarantee it is his signature. I met him. Have several others if you are interested. Have not had time to put them on ebay yet. They will cost more because they are first editions. Not sure about Pet Sematary. States 1983 but does not say 'first edition'. I have a hard time with this.

Code on pg. 374 is Y43.

Book cover has a mylar sleeve on it. No tears--a little wearing on the spine top and bottom. Book itself is in fine condition. I will send photos today."

Wote back and asked for photos of "others", but it's been awhile and still no response or original photos. Seller also has a zero feedback. But hey, he/she guarantees it, and he/she has met him, so it's got to be legit, right?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Be thankful I don't break into "The Bird is the Word".
    I LOVE that episode!

It was my understanding that everyone had heard...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post

Isn't this the same book and seller that was piggy backing (raising their price to keep up with) the fundraiser's remarque of this book?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I think that was the bookstorm Bookstore?

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Isn't this the same book and seller that was piggy backing (raising their price to keep up with) the fundraiser's remarque of this book?
    No, that was Bookworm.McGee. She eventually piggy backed on Rocky Wood's fundraiser and someone bought her book for like $700 or something.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know this seller. She has a couple of other CD titles up as well. Definitely not Bookworm McGee though (price is wayyyyy to low!).

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

No, that was Bookworm.McGee. She eventually piggy backed on Rocky Wood's fundraiser and someone bought her book for like $700 or something.
    Thanks for the info. Now that you said the name I remember.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So beyond the question of who the seller is, which edition is this? Seller states "LIMITED EDITION" (as in what CD calls the signed, numbered edition), and also "This book is in NEW and UNREAD condition in TRAYCASE" (as in signed, numbered again), and finally "This incredible slipcased, oversized, hardcover gift edition is printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping and marbled endpapers" (duh, not signed or numbered).

Of course, we know it to be a gift edition from the pictures and the price... but doesn't this seem a little misleading? I'd assume many people would not know and might be led to believe it is the King singed limited. Even the title of the auction implies that: STEPHEN KING CHADBOURNE FULL DARK NO STARS SIGNED LTD. What the heck?

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Write the seller and ask what number the book is. That should tell you everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 704 ... LastLast