Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 332 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    http://pspublishing2.com/offer---fir...erm=2017-06-30

One and done.
    As I have mentioned before I have been on the fence about this Fireman edition, but at that price, I couldn't say no.
    Thanks Brian for pointing this out!
    Most welcome, my friend! I still have yet to pull the trigger on it but the artwork is beautiful IMO.

Yeah, I don't think any of us had any complaints about the art, just the extra... hype... on the cover. Still and all it will look nice on the shelf and I can feel good about the expense.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://pspublishing2.com/offer---fir...erm=2017-06-30

One and done.
    As I have mentioned before I have been on the fence about this Fireman edition, but at that price, I couldn't say no.
    Thanks Brian for pointing this out!
    Most welcome, my friend! I still have yet to pull the trigger on it but the artwork is beautiful IMO.

Yeah, I don't think any of us had any complaints about the art, just the extra... hype... on the cover. Still and all it will look nice on the shelf and I can feel good about the expense.
    Yes, Sir, that was pretty cheesy. Hopefully PS learned a lesson there. And the whole blacking out the price with a marker
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Got my two copies today. Terrible packaging - it's like they have no idea what their own books are valued at. Minor damage to each one. Disappointed.
    Are they good about replacing damaged copies or no?
    No idea, waiting to hear back from them.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my two copies today. Terrible packaging - it's like they have no idea what their own books are valued at. Minor damage to each one. Disappointed.
    Here is their response: "the edition is sold out. We can only give you a refund at this point—after you return the damaged books. Please advise - BP"

Not the friendliest response. I thought that most publishers had some extras that are kept for this sort of thing. Perhaps those are being reserved for those who have been buying the little books all along. A bit disappointing for my first time ordering from Borderlands. I will keep mine in the end. The damage is not so bad that I wouldn't want one.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is their response: "the edition is sold out. We can only give you a refund at this point—after you return the damaged books. Please advise - BP"

Not the friendliest response. I thought that most publishers had some extras that are kept for this sort of thing. Perhaps those are being reserved for those who have been buying the little books all along. A bit disappointing for my first time ordering from Borderlands. I will keep mine in the end. The damage is not so bad that I wouldn't want one.
    Wow! Yea, you'd think they have some PC copies for this very reason.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah the packing was horrible, the email communication to everyone about payment was confusing and poor at best. I got screwed in past by borderlands with a gaiman title - have not been very happy. Fortunately my little books have been part of a set and bought/shipped through Camelot - and they always do an excellent job in shipping/packing - although they very well could have received books in same crappy packing from borderland
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Were your two copies shipped together in one package? Or did you just get two individual packages (padded envelopes)?

My copy arrived yesterday.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

No hardcover in Germany....

Joe Hill - Fireman
    softcover, German first ed.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Were your two copies shipped together in one package? Or did you just get two individual packages (padded envelopes)?

My copy arrived yesterday.
    They were shipped together, tightly, in a single padded envelope. Kinda pisses me off because I paid two shipping charges.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They were shipped together, tightly, in a single padded envelope. Kinda pisses me off because I paid two shipping charges.

That sucks! I don't like the padded envelopes for books anyway, but if they had been shipped singly they would probably have been okay.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wondering if anyone would be interested in this "oddity". I have a hb 1st of Hill's Heart-Shaped box. It does have a remainder mark on the bottom and there is a lot of foxing to the page edges. The dj has some bumps along the bottom edges.

The oddity is that the boards are attached upside down. The boards are in good condition with accumulated dust along the top, but otherwise no damage.

I can provide pictures in PM if anyone is interested.

Thanks
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

That sucks! I don't like the padded envelopes for books anyway, but if they had been shipped singly they would probably have been okay.
    Man, that sucks. I agree with Brian. Based on their packing methods, separately might have spread the risk.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Joe Hill - Fireman
    Cool, Frank!

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Joe Hill - Fireman
    That is cool. Does it have any illustrations?

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Even a worse response when you account for the fact that they held about 30 copies so they could use this one book to force people to buy complete sets.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

for those of you that collect Locke & Key: at the IDW booth at San Diego Comic Con, there'll be a 500 copy limited version of the upcoming collection of one-shots Heaven & Earth

available for $ 20.00

Gabe is attending the con so you can have your copy signed as well if you're there.

From the Skelton Crew Studio: 4 new enamel Locke & Key pins for the Ghost, Head, Omega & Shadow keys. Only 100 copies of each priced at $ 10
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    for those of you that collect Locke & Key: at the IDW booth at San Diego Comic Con, there'll be a 500 copy limited version of the upcoming collection of one-shots Heaven & Earth

available for $ 20.00

Gabe is attending the con so you can have your copy signed as well if you're there.

From the Skelton Crew Studio: 4 new enamel Locke & Key pins for the Ghost, Head, Omega & Shadow keys. Only 100 copies of each priced at $ 10
    Will this comic be released at a later date to everyone? Since there is no way I can get to Comic Con.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post

available for $ 20.00

Will this comic be released at a later date to everyone? Since there is no way I can get to Comic Con.
    Looks like an August 15th release

https://firewireblog.com/2017/04/11/...ven-and-earth/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

available for $ 20.00

Looks like an August 15th release

https://firewireblog.com/2017/04/11/...ven-and-earth/
    The 'regular' version of the hardcover is scheduled for an August release, but this con exclusive variant version will only be available at the SDCC (and if there are any copies left probably future other comic cons as well as they did with previous con exclusives).
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Where would you buy the left over exclusive copies from SDCC? Will they be listed on a site some where? Sorry for my ignorance.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Where would you buy the left over exclusive copies from SDCC? Will they be listed on a site some where? Sorry for my ignorance.
    Unfortunately eBay will be your best bet as these will likely sell out at the con.

Not sure if you already know about Waterstreet Books in New Hampshire but Joe regularly stops in and signs orders. I've ordered a few things from them and have Heaven and Earth on order to be signed. They're good people there.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If IDW has any left over, they will probably put them up on their website www.idwpublishing.com

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like there will be the traditional pre-signed copies of Strange Weather available -http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Stran...=6942619084678

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link. I've given up on collecting Hill so this edition will do.

Cool artwork.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

The nocturnal box for July had a cheap nos4r2 licence plate in the box

+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 332 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 ... LastLast