Hi folks. I'd like to give this thread a try. I don't have a lot of things, but I think if I spread it out a bit, I could keep it going for a while.

Most of my stuff many of you will have seen before, but I can tell you what I love about it, what I found interesting, and ask a few questions here and there if I have them.

First up it's Viking's IT proof.

It's such a delicate and beautiful book. 1151 thin pages glued together. Pagenumbers done by hand in the header. In the inside top margin at first, and then it switches to the outside of the top margin from chapter 3.

There is a sticker on the cover specifying the print run, BOMC selection, movie rights and advertising campaign. The publication date and cover price have been filled in at the bottom.

I've talked to John about this some time ago and it seems to be more rare to see them with sticker than without. I'd love to know if anyone has any info on this. Perhaps the ones without the sticker were PC copies, or maybe my copy was sent out rather late, with a sticker slapped on with some recently established facts and figures. I'd also love to find out when exactly this book was ready and distributed. April 1986 at the earliest, June at the latest?

Here's a few pictures of some fun stuff from inside.

The listing of other books by King forgot to include the Bachman titles:

Page 429: the kiwis are escaping!

Page 551: when grownup Ben does his walking tour in chapter 11, he visits the library. As Pennywise is messing with him from the upstairs landing, Ben grabs a random book to withdraw and get out as quickly as he can.
It turns out to be one of the books he borrowed on the day school let out in June 1958, when Bowers chased him into the Barrens. Ben looks at the library card inside:

His own name is missing here. Perhaps they considered putting in an illustration of his "childish signature, written in heavy pencil strokes", or it could as easily have been a simple mistake.
Also: they changed the date from July 5 1958 to July 9 1958. Ben could keep the book four days longer.

Page 1133: hyphen heaven

Page 591: grownup Richie is walking around Derry and sees a billboard put up by Pennywise for Richie's "All-Dead" Rock Show.
Here's a listing for the members of the Band:

BOBBY FULLER is listed as bass player. King (or his editor) changed this on the galleys to PHIL LINOTT, (see the first edition on page 589).
Why was this changed? I'm no expert, but I read on the internet that Bobby Fuller wasn't a bass player, but rather a guitar player and band leader, and King may have preferred a real bass player listed in this spot.
Phil Lynott, bassist of Thin Lizzy, died on the 6th of January 1986. This was probably pretty fresh in King's mind when he was going through the galleys.
The only issue now is that the events with the grownups in Derry take place on the 30th of May 1985, when Phil Lynott would still have been alive.