Yes, the basic gist is that SK found the book very large and extravagant and made for collectors and not readers (which, as members of this forum will say, isn't necessarily the case - it's a beauty to sit and read), and he made some comments to an interviewer as such.

It's been discussed before and my view is that King has a very loud mouthpiece, and when he's having a grumpy day and mentions something offhand, it has monstrous ripple effects that even he might not be aware of. So even though he loved the edition at the time, and the edition has become one of the best known collectible books, and he has subsequently approved editions that are much more elaborate and expensive than Salem's Lot, his intemperate words are forever available on the internet and will be a discussion point for years to come.

Also, there was the opinion that Jerad should have waited longer to present his next prospectus for a King book, but the date of submission hasn't been confirmed and Jerad has never commented publicly on this to my knowledge, and so this is nothing but conjecture (I bring it up because I think it's important to note that it's only conjecture, since if you dig about this issue it will come up).

AND HEY, I MADE AN IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THE SALEM'S LOT POST BASED ON OLD STUFF THAT I FORGOT ABOUT AND UNEARTHED TONIGHT, SO GO CHECK THAT OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT (IT'S ABOUT THE 2/2 EDITION).