Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

John F. Kennedy Sulla has a spectacular aura about Sulla has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations on your acquisition of the lettered edition of The Labyrinth of the Spirits. The numbered edition of Lord Foul's Bane looks beautiful too. Did you also order the lettered edition of Lord Foul's Bane?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

That Lord Foul’s Bane looks fantastic. I don’t really read fantasy myself, but I did order that one with the slipcase because it sounded really interesting and some people were raving about the series. Unfortunately I had to cancel my order because half my house was destroyed from water damage and I had no money for it. I might get this book from the library and see what the joy is about. Congrats on the acquisition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks to be a nice production.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Congratulations on your acquisition of the lettered edition of The Labyrinth of the Spirits. The numbered edition of Lord Foul's Bane looks beautiful too. Did you also order the lettered edition of Lord Foul's Bane?
    Thanks very much! Yes, the lettered edition will be arriving in a day or two. I’ll post more pics then.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    That Lord Foul’s Bane looks fantastic. I don’t really read fantasy myself, but I did order that one with the slipcase because it sounded really interesting and some people were raving about the series. Unfortunately I had to cancel my order because half my house was destroyed from water damage and I had no money for it. I might get this book from the library and see what the joy is about. Congrats on the acquisition!
    So sorry to hear about your house! I hope it’s all repaired now and you are back to a more regular life.

I don’t read fantasy much anymore, but I did back in the 80s and 90s. This was one of the first series I read after Lord of the Rings, and was captivated. But, be warned, Donaldson is very divisive. He has a very unique writing style that some people don’t like, and in this series particularly, the protagonist does something early on that many readers consider unforgivable. But I find his books compelling.

There are still copies of this edition available, by the way, although the slipcases are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Looks to be a nice production.
    It’s very nice. Thanks, Brian. I think this is my first Grim Oak book, and they seem to do good work.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Lord Foul's Bane, By Stephen Donaldson, signed lettered edition, from Grim Oak Press:

Before I could even finish swooning over Lord Foul’s Bane numbered edition, the lettered edition arrived! Cloth traycase, and leather bound volume, both with rose gold foil stamping. I wish my photos could do it the justice it deserves.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty good photography as it looks gorgeous!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've heard of that book, it looks like a very classy edition.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks very well done. Congrats!

seeking Gunslinger #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Fantastic pictures, thank you! Ever since I learned about these things called "limited editions" I've been wishing that Thomas Covenant would get the treatment. I'm so happy about this (though my copies are still both over the Atlantic), and even happier that the first trilogy is practically guaranteed. I hope the trilogy sells well enough that the Second Chronicles gets it too.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful book !!!

Pretty good photography as it looks gorgeous!
    Thanks, Brian. I'm trying a few new things, photography-wise - more interesting backgrounds, darker environments with slightly warmer light sources, and the digital "depth of field" fakery of my phone. I'm still not entirely happy with the results, but I'm getting there.

It helps that with a book this nice, it's hard to make it look bad .

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I've heard of that book, it looks like a very classy edition.
    It was a big deal back in '77 when it was published (with its two sequels), and it catapulted Donaldson into the Fantasy limelight. His later series continued to do well, although his most recent work is struggling to find an audience. He tends to have 3-4 year gaps between series - and sometimes between novels - so I think it's hard for him to retain readers.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Looks very well done. Congrats!
    Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Fantastic pictures, thank you! Ever since I learned about these things called "limited editions" I've been wishing that Thomas Covenant would get the treatment. I'm so happy about this (though my copies are still both over the Atlantic), and even happier that the first trilogy is practically guaranteed. I hope the trilogy sells well enough that the Second Chronicles gets it too.
    Thanks for the kind words. I think the first trilogy is pretty much locked in; The Illearth War is already in progress. I would be over the moon if Grim Oak were able to do the second series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Beautiful book !!!
    Thanks, Frank.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is a cool looking book. Congrats. Again, when I look in threads like this, I realize how many books I don't even know about that everybody else seems to.
    But again, congrats. It does look stunning.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Those two editions of Lord Foul's Bane look fantastic...great photos. It's been many years since I read the first two trilogies and I didn't even know there was a third trilogy. I think I have to grab one of the numbered before it is too late.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    ...when I look in threads like this, I realize how many books I don't even know about that everybody else seems to.
    I know what you mean; often (as in this case), I scurry to Amazon to look up the book and read a sample to see if it's for me. It isn't always, but it's a good way to find new ideas.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    So sorry to hear about your house! I hope it’s all repaired now and you are back to a more regular life.

I don’t read fantasy much anymore, but I did back in the 80s and 90s. This was one of the first series I read after Lord of the Rings, and was captivated. But, be warned, Donaldson is very divisive. He has a very unique writing style that some people don’t like, and in this series particularly, the protagonist does something early on that many readers consider unforgivable. But I find his books compelling.

There are still copies of this edition available, by the way, although the slipcases are sold out.
    Oh yes, the drama is mostly behind us and our home is restored to the usual clutter.

I looked into the plot of this book based on your point above related to the unforgivable thing the character does and found a lot of negativity around that and other elements of the book. Though I take the input of the people I trust and respect over that of random online chatter (wait . . . am I contributing to random online chatter?!).

I would get a copy but I just paid a lot more than I should have for Weaveworld and someone else might be announcing a book tomorrow or so I think I heard somewhere . . .

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So Peter, you got a Weaveworld? Which version did you get. I have two versions myself.

Country
    Country Flag

So Peter, you got a Weaveworld? Which version did you get. I have two versions myself.
    You might be referring to my comment. I bought the unsigned Earthling gift edition of Weaveworld from Paul Miller.

Some new Suntup goodies:

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

You might be referring to my comment. I bought the unsigned Earthling gift edition of Weaveworld from Paul Miller.

Sorry Jeff. It could be. I have two S\L myself. But this is not my thread so I will end this conversation now.
    Sorry Peter.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Some new Suntup goodies:

I mean, that does look awesome. But I have way to properly display them, plus I would like to save my money for books. But congrats
    on that.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice!
    Why does that give me deja vu?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Steve, I actually took this before I saw your pic - and was delighted when you had the same idea. You did it better though

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds! I really need to add a mug for the collection shelf.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice print. I'll probably get one once Corona is under check.

That is a cool looking book. Congrats. Again, when I look in threads like this, I realize how many books I don't even know about that everybody else seems to.
    But again, congrats. It does look stunning.
    Me, too, Mike. A lot of threads are of books that look great, but that I haven't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Those two editions of Lord Foul's Bane look fantastic...great photos. It's been many years since I read the first two trilogies and I didn't even know there was a third trilogy. I think I have to grab one of the numbered before it is too late.
    The numbered is a very nice book - and Grim Oak will be getting more slipcases, if you want one (you will need to order it separately). I love how the book looks without the dustjacket.

Buying Lord Foul's Bane will also give you first refusal of the matching number S/L of The Illearth War and The Power That Preserves, also being done by Grim Oak.

I looked into the plot of this book based on your point above related to the unforgivable thing the character does and found a lot of negativity around that and other elements of the book. Though I take the input of the people I trust and respect over that of random online chatter (wait . . . am I contributing to random online chatter?!).

I would get a copy but I just paid a lot more than I should have for Weaveworld and someone else might be announcing a book tomorrow or so I think I heard somewhere . . .
    Yeah, I would find it hard to recommend buying a $100 book - as nice as it is - if you didn't know anything about the author or hadn't read it. It was an instant "take my money goddammit!" purchase for me, because it was a genre-defining book for me. But that feeling is far from universal.

I mean, that does look awesome. But I have way to properly display them, plus I would like to save my money for books. But congrats
    on that.
    Thanks, Mike. Yeah, it costs the same as an AGE, so I can understand your preference.

Nice adds! I really need to add a mug for the collection shelf.
    Thanks, Brian. I'll be using mine as my every-day coffee mug. It looks pretty classy.

I think it looks better than the picture on the store page shows, honestly. The logo is printed on both "sides" of the mug, rather than on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That's a nice print. I'll probably get one once Corona is under check.
    Thanks, WDIL.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast