Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Someone posted this video on YouTube as an account of what's been going on. I haven't watched it yet as on my way to work.

https://youtu.be/bpyGq0xwO1o
    I'm watching it. He's reading the various email and newsletter statements from NRB.

He links to Simon's review on his Twitter feed.
    LOL You have to admit that "The Bedding of Boys" is at best an unfortunate title for a novel. lol

I found him credible until I saw that!!! lol Not to say I am supporting NRB in any way at this point.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

For not being a customer, this guy is quite the investigative journalist.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Someone posted this video on YouTube as an account of what's been going on. I haven't watched it yet as on my way to work.

I'm watching it. He's reading the various email and newsletter statements from NRB.

LOL You have to admit that "The Bedding of Boys" is at best an unfortunate title for a novel. lol

I found him credible until I saw that!!! lol Not to say I am supporting NRB in any way at this point.
    This guy is a total ass on Goodreads. Has a ridiculously high opinion of himself. He’s got his followers just like any ass might have, but Christ he’s annoying. He’ll pick apart a popular King book in one review and then sing praises about some obscure author buddy. I get supporting your friends in the business but give a classic King book one star? GFY.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Someone actually created a Facebook group to address this thing. 172 members already!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/724196497911984

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the greatest thing of all is that I ordered one little package from them (Long Walk t-shirt, etc.) and it came promptly. I've not been charged for, nor do I expect anything else. If they ever get their affairs in order, I would like to be able to order things "a la catre". "

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are actually 2 NRB Unofficial groups. The other has 245 members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1750799018367795/

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

Oh wow. Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sooo.... what is the status of their "'Salem's Lot"?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    sooo.... what is the status of their "'Salem's Lot"?
    It's just a week away and has been since the beginning of June.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So on their fb page they posted that they received the missing June boxes back and that they need to go through them again and will ship them out priority. They also said they'll offer partial refunds to those that have yet to receive their box, you just have to email them to make sure they have your name. We'll see if anything happens.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Why would their missing boxes be returned and not shipped to their original destination(s)? I suppose I could come up with a few reasons but it seems odd to me.

Good luck to everyone who has a horse in this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So on their fb page they posted that they received the missing June boxes back and that they need to go through them again and will ship them out priority. They also said they'll offer partial refunds to those that have yet to receive their box, you just have to email them to make sure they have your name. We'll see if anything happens.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Why would their missing boxes be returned and not shipped to their original destination(s)? I suppose I could come up with a few reasons but it seems odd to me.

Good luck to everyone who has a horse in this race.

If you don't pay them, they won't ship your stuff.

Why the need to go through them if it's a sealed pallet?

I'm glad I got out of the monthly subscription. Hopefully he'll complete the King box.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I joined one of the fb groups, and someone pointed out that within that cellophane wrapped pallet, are other boxes of stuff that they ordered. You can clearly see a cute teddy bear on a box. Can someone explain to me how this is even possible? If those were boxes that were actually sent to be shipped to customers, how did other boxes (supposedly to them) get in there? I'm really doubting everything they say now. I just want my box, or a refund. And he's ignored my last 2 emails to him...

Country
    Country Flag

So I joined one of the fb groups, and someone pointed out that within that cellophane wrapped pallet, are other boxes of stuff that they ordered. You can clearly see a cute teddy bear on a box. Can someone explain to me how this is even possible? If those were boxes that were actually sent to be shipped to customers, how did other boxes (supposedly to them) get in there? I'm really doubting everything they say now. I just want my box, or a refund. And he's ignored my last 2 emails to him...
    I tried to give Vincent the benefit of the doubt in the beginning, but he simply isn't trustworthy.

You can cancel if you paid by PayPal or credit card. Don't worry about his dispute charge. He might be able to charge a dispute charge for cancellations in May or June for the June box. There is no way he'd get a dispute charge for the June or July box by a cancellation in August. He's supposed to ship the first week of the month.

My Mood
    Chatty

Dez, are you still able to access this group? I joined it when you posted the link but it appears I’ve either been banned or the group closed down.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

Dez, are you still able to access this group? I joined it when you posted the link but it appears I’ve either been banned or the group closed down.
    I was told the admin of that group shut it down, but that was from someone who wasn't the creator or admin.

Country
    Country Flag

Facebook sucks!

My Mood
    Chatty

I was told the admin of that group shut it down, but that was from someone who wasn't the creator or admin.
    Ah that makes sense. I don’t think I made one comment on either group so I was trying to figure out why I got banned. It’s pretty amazing how much activity is on the uncensored group. It’s like a post per hour!

Ah that makes sense. I don’t think I made one comment on either group so I was trying to figure out why I got banned. It’s pretty amazing how much activity is on the uncensored group. It’s like a post per hour!
    Yeah, I was never able to find that other fb group, but I joined the other one posted. Think I'm going to just ask for a refund and see if he ignores me or actually refunds it. I highly doubt anything is going to arrive now.

My biggest question is, if we paid for the box how does he not have the money to ship them? Is he using it for other purposes?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This guy is a total ass on Goodreads. Has a ridiculously high opinion of himself. He’s got his followers just like any ass might have, but Christ he’s annoying. He’ll pick apart a popular King book in one review and then sing praises about some obscure author buddy. I get supporting your friends in the business but give a classic King book one star? GFY.
    NRB had his video taken down on the grounds of "privacy violation" but using images of the about page from the NRB website.

Glad I dropped after GBB

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My biggest question is, if we paid for the box how does he not have the money to ship them? Is he using it for other purposes?
    Almost certainly.

They seem really... bad... at business. My guess is that it happened slowly - that they really didn't think about the margins that they would need to account for the inevitable hiccups that occur, and also, they probably discounted their time more than they should have, especially if this is their main source of income. By this, I mean that it's one thing to say "This box is supposed to cost us $X to put together, pack, and ship, so we should charge (at minimum) $X*2 in order to guarantee a profit", and it's another thing to say, "I am going to devote Y hours of effort to this project. Accounting for my other income, or lack thereof, I need to be making $Z per hour of my time in order to pay for the project and also feed my family." If you are selling expensive products that require less effort per project, then formulation A will probably cover you. If you are relying on volume, then formulation A pretty much guarantees that you will be in a position where you effectively pay yourself much less money, perhaps significantly less than if you had spent that same amount of time doing hourly work for someone else.

It appears as if they got behind around April/May of this year. At that point they probably started having to use money from new subscriptions to fund older obligations, or, you know, buy groceries. When a business gets in this cycle, especially a business that's done because the creator has some emotional stake in the project, and is not purely in it for money, it's really hard to get out. So every month they were probably hoping for enough new subscriptions that they could bail out their older obligations (and buy groceries) and finally catch up with their newer obligations. Probably the King box helped stave this off for awhile because it was undoubtedly their most widely known project and between those payments and the new subscribers they got, they had a big influx of cash. But clearly that influx wasn't enough to get them ahead, or even current, and along with that influx of cash came a bunch of products and orders that they needed to fill.

And, as long as I'm playing armchair business consultant, I'm almost positive that all the stuff about being behind because they didn't have enough person-hours to do the work and they needed to hire new people is untrue. There are several different types of employees that an organization uses - depending on the organization, some of those employees make you money, and some of them lose you money, but the hope for the latter group is that the business as a whole runs better off because they are there, and thus you are actually making some marginal benefit from their employment that's just hard to measure. A good example of this would be the accounting department or the HR department of a typical firm. They don't generate any revenue - they aren't making products or performing billable services or doing sales - but they should make the organization as a whole run more smoothly in any number of different dimensions that it's better to have them then to not. To bring this around to NRB, the "employees" that they are purporting to hire are a cost sink for them - they are merely helping them fulfill orders that they have already been paid for. Theoretically, these employees could eventually become profitable, because if they help the business run more smoothly (by actually getting the GD orders out) then that should have some impact in terms of increasing future business. But I don't think that's the case here, I think that's just an excuse. To a point I made earlier, how many boxes are they putting out per month, and how long does it take to pack each one? If it really takes one person one full hour to pack boxes, then they have very drastically mis-estimated their margins. If it takes one person 15 minutes to pack a box, then the owner could spend a normal workday packing boxes, work a 5 day week, and still be getting out 160 boxes per week. But it doesn't seem like this is happening (and also a normal 8 hour day and 5 day week are not the norm for a new small business owner to expect).

But this post kind of snowballed so now I need to return to my own business

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

NRB had his video taken down on the grounds of "privacy violation" but using images of the about page from the NRB website.

Glad I dropped after GBB
    Even after he (Vincent) consented to an interview? lol lol Will wonders never cease with this guy?

Ya know, and don't get me wrong I am not sticking up for him or his company in anyway, but I can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. I mean between the supposed PTSD, his personal and business woes he's gotta be in a state and you can almost feel for him. The operative word being "almost". Kinda wish there was away to dial "911" on his behalf and get him so much needed help. Ya know what I mean? Goddamn shame most of these customers (and members here) are likely to lose their hard earned dollars. A real mess for sure!!

Also, it makes me wonder how in the blue hell he ever managed to obtain an agreement from, King for his signature pages. Assuming he ever really did.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He decided to close this group. I think it was yesterday, or maybe Sunday...? But yes, it is gone now. Getting loads of alerts from the other group though. Some people have had their King boxes refunded, if anyone is looking at going that way.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, it makes me wonder how in the blue hell he ever managed to obtain an agreement from, King for his signature pages. Assuming he ever really did.
    He did not. NRB advertised signed books before King was even asked. He declined to sign any copies.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    He did not. NRB advertised signed books before King was even asked. He declined to sign any copies.
    Really? Man, oh, man what a mess!!!! Then he really doesn't have an "out". What kind of a crazy motherfucker pre=sells a signed book with no signing agreement in hand? I wouldn't be surprised if the King attorney's have a legal action waiting for him in the wings.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast