Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
It bugs the shit out of me that a Meg Ryan scene is trumping Citizen Kane.
It's not trumping Citizen Kane, it's trumping a scene from Citizen Kane. There is clear distinction between the two.

Remember, we are voting for the best movie scene, not the best movie.

Agreed. However I can't help but think that very few voters have ever seen the film, "Citizen Kane". Perhaps more than most, but not a majority JMHO
This voter right here makes up for those that haven't seen it yet. I've seen it over 40 times and counting. If I start watching it from any point, I'm hooked and have to finish it.
So with all those viewings, have you been able to explain the huge plot hole in the movie yet?

Spoiler:
Nobody was in the room with Kane when he died and said the word "Rosebud".
No. Even the most beautiful pearl has flaws. There are many more flaws in it besides that one but it doesn't make it less beautiful to me. If I have one major complaint about it, it's that it is a bit shallow. What you see (which is gorgeousness throughout) is what you get. There's not much that's up for artistic interpretation as far as the story or characters go. It's pretty cut and dry. Even this doesn't bother me given what Welles managed to get on the screen for his debut film.
I need to rewatch the movie but I think it's the butler that says he heard him say it?
Yes. Also, we see him say it right before he dies and it appears that no one is the room, cannot be certain the butler wasn't there. Cannot be certain that the butler or the nurse were not there previously either. He could have been saying Rosebud all day long with those two and maybe others hearing him say it but the audience only sees the last one. Lots of assumptions there.