Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1338

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll read it because I'm too weak to stop.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'll read it, or at least buy it, as long as they keep making those nice hardcover collections. That said, I don't really like the comics but have an innate loyalty to Dark Tower stuff.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I love this.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just got the word from a second comics shop that the 1:75 sketch version of American Nightmares #5 was canceled by Marvel. That explains why I've never seen it.

John
    Confirmation!!!

Thanks, John.

Marvel is soooo inconsistent.

( FYI everyone : I'm working on an update of the check lists )

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In all honesty - I've lost interest in the DT comics altogether. I purchased the Fall of Gilead issues out of blind loyalty, but I don't particularly feel an urge to read them.

I'll probably just purchase the TPB once they become available .... eventually ...

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

ive given up completely too. just kinda lost interest.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I love this.
    The straw that broke the camel's back was a few issues back when Roland is standing on some hill talking to his comrades and out of the left field mentions the breakers. That was a serious WTF! moment for me. Battle of Jericho Hill is before The Gunslinger and he already knows about the breakers?? Give me a break. Also, that panel (could've been some "epic" two page spread) was uber cheesy too.

I wish they'd just adapt all 7 books into comics instead of writting their own stories and filling in the gaps. I'm pretty sure had SK wanted to fill us all in on the details of Jericho Hill, he would've done it already.

And yeah, once I start reading a series and I don't drop it within the first two issues, it's waaay too late for me to stop. Example: Greek Street. Comics do nothing for me but I keep buying them because I want to see how it ends.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The straw that broke the camel's back was a few issues back when Roland is standing on some hill talking to his comrades and out of the left field mentions the breakers. That was a serious WTF! moment for me. Battle of Jericho Hill is before The Gunslinger and he already knows about the breakers?? Give me a break. Also, that panel (could've been some "epic" two page spread) was uber cheesy too.
    Yeah. If I recall, he only knew about the Breakers when Benny Slightman Sr told him.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't dislike the comics, but I felt a bit irritated by young Roland's mention of the breakers too. I guess it could be argued that he just kept quiet later and Slightman confirmed it, or that it was still going on, but I wish they'd left it out. It just wasn't needed for the story at all! Maybe they felt they had to give an explanation as to why the Beams were in danger for the sake of those readers who won't read the books, but I think that's a bad excuse.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

That's highly discouraging to here about Breakers at that point. It totally contradicts the novels but I am sure I don't have to explain why. Maybe I just can't enjoy other people's imaginations working with the DT universe.

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

Now that we're only a month away from the start of the new series, has anybody heard what's it going to be about yet?

Traveler rachel_lentner is on a distinguished road rachel_lentner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I think that this won't be a revised-revised version of The Gunslinger Book.
    I hope it isn't just a retelling, but I think it's misnamed if that's the case.

Well, ok, I don't really mind either way. I just won't buy it if it's a retelling. I know many people are into comics for the art, and that's fair enough. Personally I'm more interested in new material though, told with good art of course!
    Exactly why I didn't buy all the Stand comics. After a couple of issues of reading my favourite story page for page (but this time in FULL COLOUR!!!!), I thought, "What's the point?" I might get the trade paperback if it's ever released, but that's about it.

If the Gunslinger though has even a few new pages of brand new story, like The Gunslinger Born, then I'll definitely get every issue I can, even if it is 90% adaptation and 10% new material.

I wanted to buy the stand more for the art than the story. im really hoping there will be an image in the comic adaptation of the gunslinger that i can get tattooed on my other side to go with roland.

Traveler Gorrath is on a distinguished road

Default The Dark Tower Hardcover

I just finished reading the first hardcover but i just read in a review that the HC version is missing proses from the monthly issues.

I was wondering if it's the same thing for the other HC??

Thanks

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's true for all the hardcovers. The individual issues have quite a bit of information that is not included in the hardcovers.

John

Traveler Gorrath is on a distinguished road

How stupid is that?

They're trying to sell less copies?

My Mood
    Gay

Gorrath - Welcome to the site !

Yes, it seems that Marvel decided to exclude some of the individual comic contents from the Graphic Novels. The GNs are missing interviews, essays, etc.

I guess it's a way to encourage you to buy the individual issues, as well as the GNs.

Crazy Marvel.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess it's a way to encourage you to buy the individual issues, as well as the GNs.

Ding, ding we have a winner!

To the OP, this isn't the first time that's happened. They're trying to get people to buy monthly issues. If single issues of the first arc do well enough the second run will happen (a.k.a. the comic won't get cancelled), if the 2nd run does well enough the 3rd will happen etc.

As cool as the little extras in comics are, I wouldn't say they're essential. I'm too lazy (just being honest) to go look through each issue, but I'm pretty sure it's not King's writting but Robin Furth's. If you've read The Battle of Jericho Hill you'd know it's not the greatest.

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, it's mostly esssays by Robin Furth and some artwork, etc.

There are a couple of Sai King interviews ( one interview in two parts, I think ) - but I believe you can see those online at Marvel. Some of the sketch work and reprints of the variants covers are in the original individual issues but not necessarily in the GNs.

Some of the maps are very good, though, and those are nice to have. Also, the artwork in the essays are pretty good, and several were done by Dennis Calero, who is a great comic artist.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet once the series runs its full course, a fat and complete archival hardcover will be published with everything and more.

Country
    Country Flag

That would be nice. Make it an oversized "absolute' edition, throw in an all new introduction by King and those books would sell like crazy.

My Mood
    Gay

DC does the Absolute series, so I don't see that happening.

Honestly, I doubt Marvel will do a MASTER edition of DT stuff, but you never know. I hope pablo is right, I'd love to see one ( and yeah, I'd buy two! ).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

DC does the Absolute series, so I don't see that happening.

Honestly, I doubt Marvel will do a MASTER edition of DT stuff, but you never know. I hope pablo is right, I'd love to see one ( and yeah, I'd buy two! ).
    Why wouldn't they? I mean they kinda got the soaking down pat. First the individual comics, then the individual Arc HC's, I don't see how they could resist a master arc Hardcover. Heck, they might even make a full fledged leap into the publishing world with it!! They could do Ltd's and the whole shebang and honestly, the prior poster is dead on, we'll buy it and overall it will sell like hot-cakes!! They can even market it as a quasi-new King release and of course just in time for Christmas!!!! Hoenestly from purely a revenue standpoint, they could make enough to put a downpayment on "The Avengers" movie!! LOL

I didn't sound too cynical there, did I? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

Well, here's the description of the first two issues from Marvel.com

Spoiler:
    DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER # 1
    The Story: A BOLD NEW CHAPTER IN STEPHEN KING’S THE DARK TOWER SAGA BEGINS HERE! Twelve years have passed since the fateful Battle of Jericho Hill and the fall of the gunslingers. Since the Affiliation’s resistance against John Farson became little more than a faint memory. Since the friends that stood by young Roland Deschain burned to ash in the Good Man’s razing of Gilead. But Roland survived…and now he stalks the desert, hunting the spectral Man in Black in his quest for the Dark Tower. Join Robin Furth, Peter David and Richard Isanove as they welcome superstar artist Sean Phillips (INCOGNITO) into the ka-tet of creators entrusted by Stephen King himself to bring the adult adventures of his most personal creation to life!

In Stores: May 19, 2010

Spoiler:
    DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER # 2
    The Story: ‘less he wants her soul to climb out of the pits of Na’ar and haunt him for all eternity, Roland must make good Aileen’s dying wish. And so the gunslinger has promised the last of his tet any desire…but is he prepared to travel to the one place on Mid-World he swore never to return to? Roland Deschain is going home to the ruins of Gilead—and just wait until he meets the new tenants...

In Stores: Jun 16, 2010

My Mood
    Gay

Hey... and don't forget that paperback versions of the GNs are due as well.

I'm all for it, of course - a Master version of all things DT ... and I'm fairly certain that Marvel loves to take my money, so you never know.

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, wahlers!

Wow, well, we all definitely have to get a copy or three, on account of Marvel making sure we know it's going to be a BOLD NEW CHAPTER IN STEPHEN KING’S THE DARK TOWER SAGA ... and you know they're serious about it, because they used all CAPS.

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast