View Poll Results: Please choose one

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge

7 31.82%
  • Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

15 68.18%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Music - Tournament Finals: Quarterfinals (Matchup 8 of 13)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Tournament Finals: Quarterfinals (Matchup 8 of 13)

For this finals poll, please choose one track to move on to the next round.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge (1991)

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (1981)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HOW WE GOT HERE

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge (1991)

Nominated by pablo on January 22, 2016.
    Seconded by Iwritecode on January 22, 2016.

In Round 1 it tied for 1st in Group 7 (April 5-12, 2016):
    • Aerosmith - Cryin' (1993) 86.36%
    • Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge (1991) 86.36%
    • Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm (1993) 59.09%
    • Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence (1990) 45.45%
    • Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky Is Crying (1991) 45.45%
    • Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance (1990) 22.73%
    • P.M. Dawn - Set Adrift on Memory Bliss (1991) 22.73%

In Round 2 it placed 1st in Group 4 (May 24-31, 2016):
    • Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge (1991) 87.50%
    • Nirvana - Dumb (1993) 50.00%
    • Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Learning to Fly (1991) 50.00%
    • Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm (1993) 50.00%
    • TLC - Waterfalls (1994) 25.00%

In Round 3 it placed 1st in Group 2 (July 8-15, 2016):
    • Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge (1991) 78.95%
    • Beastie Boys - Sabotage (1994) 42.11%
    • Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven (1991) 36.84%
    • Live - Lightning Crashes (1994) 26.32%

Entering the playoffs it was ranked 1st.

In Playoffs Round 2 it beat out Guns N' Roses - November Rain (1991) with 57.14% of the vote (October 13-20, 2016).

In the Quarterfinals it beat out Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (1994) with 58.82% of the vote (November 17-24, 2016).

In the Semifinals it beat out Nirvana - All Apologies (1993) with 78.57% of the vote (December 9-16, 2016).

In the Finals it beat out Metallica - Enter Sandman (1991) with 55.56% of the vote (December 20, 2016 - January 1, 2017).

Throughout the tournament it earned an average vote percentage of 71.84%, good for 4th out of 14.

Country
    Country Flag

HOW WE GOT HERE

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (1981)

Nominated by pablo on January 5, 2016.
    Seconded by divemaster on January 5, 2016.

In Round 1 it placed 2nd in Group 14 (March 31 - April 7, 2016):
    • Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (1980) 83.33%
    • Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (1981) 77.78%
    • Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield (1983) 66.67%
    • Foreigner - Juke Box Hero (1982) 61.11%
    • Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen (1982) 50.00%
    • Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight (1984) 33.33%
    • Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun (1983) 27.78%

In Round 2 it placed 1st in Group 12 (May 19-26, 2016):
    • Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (1981) 86.67%
    • Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (1981) 60.00%
    • Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield (1983) 53.33%
    • Devo - Whip It (1981) 46.67%
    • A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) (1982) 33.33%

In Round 3 it placed 1st in Group 4 (July 4-11, 2016):
    • Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (1981) 80.00%
    • Billy Idol - White Wedding (1982) 65.00%
    • Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield (1983) 45.00%
    • Bon Jovi - Runaway (1984) 10.00%

Entering the playoffs it was ranked 2nd.

In Playoffs Round 2 it beat out Toto - Africa (1983) with 72.73% of the vote (October 10-17, 2016).

In the Quarterfinals it beat out AC/DC - Back in Black (1980) with 56.25% of the vote (November 15-22, 2016).

In the Semifinals it beat out Prince - Purple Rain (1984) with 60.00% of the vote (December 8-15, 2016).

In the Finals it beat out Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982) with 68.18% of the vote (December 20, 2016 - January 1, 2017).

Throughout the tournament it earned an average vote percentage of 71.66%, good for 5th out of 14.

In the Tournament Finals Round 2 it beat out Johnny Cash - Hurt (2002) with 52.38% of the vote (January 9-16, 2017).

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, two of my nominees and two of some of my most favorite songs going head to head. It was a tough choice but after careful consideration and intensive listening I went with "Air".

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the Bridge.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In The Air Tonight
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

RHCP

I just really can't stand that Phil Collins song.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    RHCP

I just really can't stand that Phil Collins song.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Blasphemy!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

voted Under the Bridge

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

pablo...can you change my vote from Air to RHCP, please.

I just looked right at it and clicked the wrong song.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Will do, but looks like that won't matter.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...I thought so.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Will do, but looks like that won't matter.
    it will for me

bearHugs to brother Jon!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Squeeze easily Bear brother.

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't mean to sound like your vote doesn't matter, Jon. Everyone's does! Just that the gap is too wide, unfortunately.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Didn't mean to sound like your vote doesn't matter, Jon. Everyone's does! Just that the gap is too wide, unfortunately.
    You just gave Jon a LOT to work with there....

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. "In the Air Tonight" will face Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence (1964) in the Semifinals.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

You're really coming along, little brother!

I'm so proud.

*wipes tear

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

You're really coming along, little brother!

I'm so proud.

*wipes tear
    Sure that was a tear you're wiping?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a wet nap?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Got a wet nap?
    All my naps are wet.

+ Reply to Thread