Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best War Movies of All Time!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I'd be interested in an off boards bracket on Brackify.

The on boards ones flood the new posts and clutter up the place and are often full of cliques and arguing.
    Speaking solely for myself, I wouldn't say that arguing is involved. More like the occasional isolated rant or complaint, but you are correct a multitude of threads creates clutter on the forums especially since quite a few folks like to comment regarding their vote. I suggested something fairly simple and restricted to one or two threads, but perhaps an "off site" poll is the way to go.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The on boards ones flood the new posts and clutter up the place and are often full of cliques and arguing.
    I'm not really sure I'd call them cliques. I'm constantly having disagreements with Feev and Matt on here, and they are two of the people I'm closest with the most on here.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

War films are some of my favorite films because of the pitch black moral waters they wade in. They're ripe for visceral imagery and seldom is humanity's savage nature so brilliantly captured.

If you put a gun to my head and force me to pick my top 5 war films of all time, it would look something like this.

1. Apocalypse Now
    2. Come and See
    3. Full Metal Jacket
    4. Saving Private Ryan
    5. The Thin Red Line

Honorable mention: Platoon.

I know Matt is going to bark my head off for not listing Paths of Glory, but it's been years since I've seen it. Need to rewatch it to see where it lands among my favorites.

Also.. I can't believe we didn't have a thread for this already. Shame on us.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I'm not really sure I'd call them cliques. I'm constantly having disagreements with Feev and Matt on here, and they are two of the people I'm closest with the most on here.
    Perhaps it is a harsh word, but I have personally backed out of tourney participation due to getting my feathers ruffled in a previous experience. I feel that way more time is spent on the method than the result or cogent discussion, but of course that could just be me.

In better news, I saw Hacksaw Ridge last night and was blown away. Mel Gibson's directing skills are just my cup of tea. The battle scenes were brutal. Certainly a run for the money in consideration of best Pacific Theater WW2 movie which for me was previously help by Eastwood's Flags of our Fathers / Letters from Iwo Jima
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have personally backed out of tourney participation due to getting my feathers ruffled in a previous experience. I feel that way more time is spent on the method than the result or cogent discussion, but of course that could just be me.
    I can see that. There have been some instances where people get passionate, which I think is great as long as it doesn't go too far. I think the idea of a tournament is to elicit conversation. That said, you're right, a byproduct of that is things getting nasty.

In better news, I saw Hacksaw Ridge last night and was blown away. Mel Gibson's directing skills are just my cup of tea. The battle scenes were brutal. Certainly a run for the money in consideration of best Pacific Theater WW2 movie which for me was previously help by Eastwood's Flags of our Fathers / Letters from Iwo Jima
    I love Gibson as a director. The man knows how to direct a battle scene. Hacksaw Ridge's battle scenes still don't surpass Braveheart for me, but it's right up there.

I loved Letters from Iwo Jima, but I thought Flags of our Fathers felt rather hollow.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I kind of think of them as one film. Even if they are standalone works. I enjoyed the attempt to tell the story from different perspectives.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Perhaps it is a harsh word, but I have personally backed out of tourney participation due to getting my feathers ruffled in a previous experience. I feel that way more time is spent on the method than the result or cogent discussion, but of course that could just be me.

100% my thoughts too. I thought it sooooooooooo good. I loved every minute of it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3