Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Johnny007/John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John what’s left.... you mentioned a few holes... I have about 10-12 that I consider such BUT wow.. I’d love to know yours. Roman Salem’s is my grail. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Stunning proofs and Salem’s!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    The photo below is the culmination of 17 years of work to compile this 'Salem's Lot set. It may not be the best or the most thorough, but it is at the top of my collection...and it's the part of my collection where I take the most pride. I still have a couple of holes to fill but I'm working on that. Details of each book will be provided in subsequent posts. Hope you enjoy!

John

A beautiful set! Amazing.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    The photo below is the culmination of 17 years of work to compile this 'Salem's Lot set. It may not be the best or the most thorough, but it is at the top of my collection...and it's the part of my collection where I take the most pride. I still have a couple of holes to fill but I'm working on that. Details of each book will be provided in subsequent posts. Hope you enjoy!

John

Oh my goodness! Breathtaking. Would love to hear the story behind the Doubleday proof. Thanks for sharing this!
    Thanks, Colin. Details and pictures forthcoming.

John

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

One of the most fascinating images I have seen in a very long time.
    All signed, and equally as important, all fine quality.
    I can honestly say they could not be in better hands.
    Stay well John.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    John what’s left.... you mentioned a few holes... I have about 10-12 that I consider such BUT wow.. I’d love to know yours. Roman Salem’s is my grail. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kris,

I meant that I have a few holes in my 'Salem's Lot set. I have hundreds of holes left in my collection!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Jon, Brian and, of course, Alec for the kind words.

John

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Doubleday proof below has been in a few tdt.org member's collections over time. I'm not 100% sure where it began but Matt had it (I think he had it signed) and then I believe it was traded to Jon (jonp). When Jon sold his proofs, this one was offered. He was kind enough to let me buy it over time and I received it about a year ago. This was my first ever Doubleday proof!

John

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Amazing. Simply amazing. Glad I stumbled into this thread.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

The Doubleday proof below has been in a few tdt.org member's collections over time. I'm not 100% sure where it began but Matt had it (I think he had it signed) and then I believe it was traded to Jon (jonp). When Jon sold his proofs, this one was offered. He was kind enough to let me buy it over time and I received it about a year ago. This was my first ever Doubleday proof!

John

John, I'm very pleased this is in your collection!! You are correct, Mr. King signed 2 'Salems Lot Proofs for me, this is one of them(the other still in my collection). I traded this and some other items with JonP for a copy of the Doubleday The Stand Proof to complete my Doubleday Proof collection. It's wonderful to see it being enjoyed!! This was Super Collector Charlie F.'s copy who I'm sure you knew. The 'Salem's Lot collection you have is truly amazing. I hope your doing well and look forward to catching up sometime.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A M A Z I N G !!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

John

This picture sure brings a smile to this old noggin
    What an amazing set, truly don't know where to start with the praise..
    ..er, wow, speechless.
    (I'll ditto what Alec posted)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping to add the detail pics that comprise the 'Salem's Lot set but, after a big meal, I had little energy left -- I guess I had no appetite for updating the thread after supper!

I'll begin with some books that many are already familiar with -- the deluxe Roman Numeral copies. The red Roman Numeral was purchased back in 2007, I think. It came with a black numbered copy and some other goodies. The black Roman Numeral purchase was within the last six months or so. I purchased it from an ABE dealer. The dealer also had five other signed, limited editions of books that I foolishly sold back in 2016. So I made a huge buy last year. Here are the deluxe Roman Numeral editions.

John

Red Roman Numeral I

Black Roman Numeral X

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping to add the detail pics that comprise the 'Salem's Lot set but, after a big meal, I had little energy left -- I guess I had no appetite for updating the thread after supper!

I'll begin with some books that many are already familiar with -- the deluxe Roman Numeral copies. The red Roman Numeral was purchased back in 2007, I think. It came with a black numbered copy and some other goodies. The black Roman Numeral purchase was within the last six months or so. I purchased it from an ABE dealer. The dealer also had five other signed, limited editions of books that I foolishly sold back in 2016. So I made a huge buy last year. Here are the deluxe Roman Numeral editions.

John

Red Roman Numeral I

Black Roman Numeral X
    Your the one that bested me!!!! I was SO close to closing the deal.... then he just told me someone swooped in with a $3K higher offer than where I was. Congrats.. Im happy to know it went to someone thats a pal Cheers my friend Ill get one some dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy haha

And the Red I think came from a pal of mine. He isn't' well now If you still talk to him John.. drop him a note. He would love to hear from ya (if you guys were friends)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The non-deluxe copies are all different in who they went to. The black numbered copies 1-300 went to the public. The red numbered copies 1-80 were privately distributed. And there are Printer's copies of an unknown quantity (at least by me) that first appeared about a decade after the original publication. All were signed by the author and artist/photographer.

John

Black Number 1

Red Number 62

Printer's

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for the delay -- installed a new router.

Most have seen the pictures of the different first edition states so I'll only bore you with a couple of pictures of each US 1st edition states along with the UK 1st. More details can be found on page 3 of this thread.

John

1st US edition - 1st state

1st US edition - 2nd state

1st US edition - 3rd state

1st UK edition

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

As a huge Salem's' Lot fan....I am speechless...
    and crying.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Apologies for any confusion to those who saw the first half of this post a few minutes ago. I hit "Post Quick Reply" instead of "Go Advanced."

This will be my last picture post this week. Frankly, I must have more pictures taken and that involves moving books and unwrapping books and putting them in yet-to-be-purchased cases and on and on. It certainly won't take four more years for additions; so be on the lookout next week for some more pictures.

Below is part of a bulk purchase that began almost four years ago. There are more components to this transaction, and I hope to have details/books available to be photographed and posted before summer. In the meantime, here are some recent acquisitions -- within a year, I'd guess. I'm very proud to finally own this set.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Apologies for any confusion to those who saw the first half of this post a few minutes ago. I hit "Post Quick Reply" instead of "Go Advanced."

This will be my last picture post this week. Frankly, I must have more pictures taken and that involves moving books and unwrapping books and putting them in yet-to-be-purchased cases and on and on. It certainly won't four more years for additions so be on the lookout next week for some more.

Below is part of a bulk purchase that began almost four years ago. There are more components to this transaction, and I hope to have details/books available to be photographed and posted before summer. In the meantime, here are some recent acquisitions -- within a year, I'd guess. I'm very proud to finally own this set.

John

Hutch!!!! Nice. I tried to buy these too. You are just beating me left, right and centre brother! haha Love seeing that they went to someone who will cherish them so. Enjoy these treasures my man!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow... AGAIN!!! Very nice.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speechless!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of nice items, but Doubleday oblong proofs are definitely oui of the league items. I odnt see anything that can beat that and it's awesome to see it back in the Palaver family !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Words fail to describe the wonder of these books!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast