Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Johnny007/John

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Brian,

The Gunslingers are 1st editions. They are part of The Gunslinger set shown on #69 in this thread. Sorry, I don't have any books for sale at this time. I need to match actual books to my inventory spreadsheet before anything leaves.

John
    Understand that!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I purchased this last autumn. It was on hold for at least 18 months. I've been wanting one since I sold my previous copy in 2015. The pictures are not the best now, but at the time I just wanted a "quick-and-dirty" copy that I owned one again.

John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a terrible headache but I'll get some Tylenol and make one more post in a few minutes or so.

John

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to have a copy of that edition someday as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Lovely to see John, an absolute delight.
    Shelving will certainly make a difference, however it will not make a difference to the importance of what is there, and furthermore what is written in them.
    The “dark tower” looks particularly good.
    Stay well John.
    Alec.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been after this one for a long time and finally secured it last fall. I'm pretty fortunate to own it now. Thanks to Hutch!!!

John

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

wow, that is a cool inscription, congrats, John!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Amazing items as always John!! I hope your doing well and look forward to seeing more of your amazing collection!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well...it's been 4+ years since I promised to keep adding to this thread. But life always gets in the way of best intentions. I finally found someone who can photograph my books. But there is a lot to do and this will not be done as quickly as I'd like due to conflicting schedules. I'm still in the market for suitable bookcases for my books. I need more wall space so I took all the SK books from various locations and moved them into my office. And you'll see that many of my books are still in the original bubble wrap for protection. Here's what things look like today. The plan is to photo each book independently to show signatures, inscriptions, 1st edition identifiers, etc. So please bear with me during the construction.

John
    It's always nice to get a collection put together at the same place.
    Can't wait to see more photographs !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. What a story John. Glad you kept pushing forward. And I took a look at some of your collection. You have some really excellent books. We all have struggles in life and yours seems to be
    a rough one. I would never compare myself to anybody else, but you can read the first post in my collection to see what trials I went through. Unfortunately, your damage was more permement.
    But you sound like an up beat guy which is great. I hope to see more pics, when you can of your collection.

Country
    Country Flag

That is a really cool inscription!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Superb inscription!!

I've been after this one for a long time and finally secured it last fall. I'm pretty fortunate to own it now. Thanks to Hutch!!!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

As I reviewed previous entries, I noticed that I never included the first issue of the lettered chapbook, The Plant. I believe that the lettered version might have been an afterthought. I say that because you can see the written notation "and 26 lettered" on the limitation page. That notation was made by King himself and is unique to the first edition. The pictures aren't the greatest but my photographer at the time did the best he could do. I cropped some of the pictures and added The Plant 1 limitation page. Hope your enjoy the pictures!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a book that I'd never seen for sale. Apparently a west-coast bookseller found one and sold it to a member here. I'm not 100% sure who the actual owner is, though. I also noticed that Richard (Cook) thought that a couple he knows might have a copy, as well. With the one below, 3 of the 15 lettered copies are now known. As I think the catalog states, all 15 copies went to Stephen King for distribution. Attached as provenance was this note:

"This book was donated by Margaret in King's office for a fund-raiser for the Prader-Willi Foundation in honor of her grand-daughter. There are only 15 lettered books of this title all went to the author to distribute as he wishes. The book was bought through the fund-raiser in November 2005."

I had no idea of this when I purchased from the original owner. So I was very surprised to read this when I opened the box. My niece/god-daughter was born with the Prada-Willi Syndrome so this is a very special book for me. And I'm very fortunate to know the backstory. Anyway, below is a minimalist's version of photos. I will get more thorough pictures as I mature this thread.

John

Last edited by Johnny007; 04-10-2022 at 10:22 AM.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to everyone for the flattering comments!

I'm looking forward to have pictures taken of my current proofs. I really wish that John was still with us because he's partly the reason I returned to collecting proofs...

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see such a rarity in good hands. Congratulations.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Amazing stuff!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a book that I'd never seen for sale. Apparently a west-coast bookseller found one and sold it to a member here. I'm not 100% sure who the actual owner is, though. I also noticed that Richard (Cook) thought that a couple he knows might have a copy, as well. With the one below, 3 of the 15 lettered copies are now known. As I think the catalog states, all 15 copies went to Stephen King for distribution. Attached as provenance was this note:

"This book was donated by Margaret in King's office for a fund-raiser for the Prader-Willi Foundation in honor of her grand-daughter. There are only 15 lettered books of this title all went to the author to distribute as he wishes. The book was bought through the fund-raiser in November 2005."

I had no idea of this when I purchased from the original owner. So I was very surprised to read this when I opened the box. My niece/granddaughter was born with the Prada-Willi Syndrome so this is a very special book for me. And I'm very fortunate to know the backstory. Anyway, below is a minimalist's version of photos. I will get more thorough pictures as I mature this thread.

John

WOW. That is a hard book to find... Ive seen this and letter N. THat is it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superamazing !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Super nice!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

When I decided to resume proof collecting back in late-2019, I didn't realize how much I missed that aspect of Stephen King collecting. My depression is always buoyed by the hunt to find and, if lucky, acquire proofs. I've been fortunate in that regard over the past 18 months. While my collection is temporarily in disarray, I'll try to find proofs to post each week until all are shown. As always, I hope you like what you see.

This is a rare UK proof that I've never had before. The condition is great considered it's almost 40 years old and the fact that most proofs are read and handled by multiple people. Anyway, I thought this would be a good start for today.

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

When I sold all of my proofs in 2015, the 1st state of Four Past Midnight was one of the hardest for me to part with. I was lucky that Jon told me I had the first right of refusal if he ever sold his proofs. So I was happy to buy this proof back but sad that such a great asset in the SK proof world sold his collection. When I sold my copy, I believed that there was only one or two in the world. And just before I had the opportunity to buy back my old copy, I lucked out and found another. This set is near the top of my current proof collection so we can only go down from here, right?

John

Added the 2nd state for contrast.

And I found a Penguin USA business card in one of the copies!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The photo below is the culmination of 17 years of work to compile this 'Salem's Lot set. It may not be the best or the most thorough, but it is at the top of my collection...and it's the part of my collection where I take the most pride. I still have a couple of holes to fill but I'm working on that. Details of each book will be provided in subsequent posts. Hope you enjoy!

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The photo below is the culmination of 17 years of work to compile this 'Salem's Lot set. It may not be the best or the most thorough, but it is at the top of my collection...and it's the part of my collection where I take the most pride. I still have a couple of holes to fill but I'm working on that. Details of each book will be provided in subsequent posts. Hope you enjoy!

John

Good for you. Im in awe. I have a Roman and a find 2nd left for mine. Thats it... and NOT an easy task. Congrats John LOVE THIS
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John

Oh my goodness! Breathtaking. Would love to hear the story behind the Doubleday proof. Thanks for sharing this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast