Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld on HBO *Spoilers!*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Westworld Theories

1. The young android is Dr. Ford as a young boy
    2. Bernard is an android
    3. The Man in Black is Arnold.
    4. The park is located far in the future on a terraformed planet.
    5. The flies transmit the "virus" between the hosts.
    6. The show is messing with the timeline of events shown.
    It's not a "virus", per se. They have gone to great extent to show it's more of a "ghost in the machine" programming glitch. The flys are due to the flesh/MRSA. Good thought, but I don't think you have it there.
    These aren't just my theories. It's a compilation of all our theories. That way we can go back and see if we were right or not.

Just throwing it out there. No offense intended.
    And none taken.

I thought the line by the Man in Black was very telling last night. One of the guests clearly recognized him, but the Man in Black shut the guy down really quickly. Obviously, the Man in Black is well known out in the real world and he's filthy rich (he'd have to be to spend so much time in Westworld). Also, it seems as though he made his money in medicine.
    Why medicine? I didn't catch that or your reference. I did get a whiff that he may have done business with Ford/Arnold as perhaps an investor/supplier/contractor. Nothing solid on my hunch just intuition.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The guy says something along the lines of, " Sorry, sir. I don't want to intrude, but I'm such a fan of yours. Your foundation literally saved my sister's life." To which the Man in Black replies, "One more word and I'll cut your throat. This is my fucking vacation."

It's an interesting scene for a variety of reasons. One reason is something I hadn't really thought of prior to that scene and I don't think we've talked about it yet. We know the hosts can't kill the guests and that the guests can pretty much do whatever they want to the hosts, but there's literally no way of stopping a guest from murdering another guest. In fact, you might not even know who a guest is and who a host is. If you grab a blunt object, you can pretty much kill anything - host or guest alike.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The guy says something along the lines of, " Sorry, sir. I don't want to intrude, but I'm such a fan of yours. Your foundation literally saved my sister's life." To which the Man in Black replies, "One more word and I'll cut your throat. This is my fucking vacation."

It's an interesting scene for a variety of reasons. One reason is something I hadn't really thought of prior to that scene and I don't think we've talked about it yet. We know the hosts can't kill the guests and that the guests can pretty much do whatever they want to the hosts, but there's literally no way of stopping a guest from murdering another guest. In fact, you might not even know who a guest is and who a host is. If you grab a blunt object, you can pretty much kill anything - host or guest alike.

I think you should see the weapons explanations given above.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an interesting scene for a variety of reasons. One reason is something I hadn't really thought of prior to that scene and I don't think we've talked about it yet.

I agree. I caught it right away.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, MIB telling that guy to shut up before he revealed his identity has HUGE implications. Who could he be? Arnold? A rival hoping to gain Ford's fountain of knowledge? Interesting..

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I caught that but didn't associate it with medicine, just that he was rich. Good point though.

Yes, guests could kill other guests I would think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check this out! There are some interesting terms and conditions listed, when you book your vacation on the Westworld website...

Statistically speaking, you are more likely to die from lightning strike than to die while in a Delos park. However, the following causes of accidental death have occurred within the Delos Destinations compound: buffalo stampede, self-cannibalism, accidental hanging, drowning, 3rd-degree burns, autoerotic asphyxiation, blunt force trauma, allergic reaction to non-native plant life, falling from great heights, spousal jealousy, common manslaughter, tumbleweeds. You absolve Delos, Inc. of any wrongdoing if you or anyone in your party suffers bodily harm while using The Service, and you agree to not sue or prosecute Delos, Inc. or any of the smaller entities falling under the Delos Corporation.

By entering the Delos Destinations Port of Entry, you acknowledge that Delos, Inc. controls the rights to and remains the sole owner of, in perpetuity: all skin cells, bodily fluids, secretions, excretions, hair samples, saliva, sweat, blood, and any other bodily functions not listed here. Delos, Inc. reserves the right to use this property in any way, shape, or form in which the entity sees fit.

https://discoverwestworld.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are worse terms than I had with my first wife...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Check this out! There are some interesting terms and conditions listed, when you book your vacation on the Westworld website...

Statistically speaking, you are more likely to die from lightning strike than to die while in a Delos park. However, the following causes of accidental death have occurred within the Delos Destinations compound: buffalo stampede, self-cannibalism, accidental hanging, drowning, 3rd-degree burns, autoerotic asphyxiation, blunt force trauma, allergic reaction to non-native plant life, falling from great heights, spousal jealousy, common manslaughter, tumbleweeds. You absolve Delos, Inc. of any wrongdoing if you or anyone in your party suffers bodily harm while using The Service, and you agree to not sue or prosecute Delos, Inc. or any of the smaller entities falling under the Delos Corporation.

By entering the Delos Destinations Port of Entry, you acknowledge that Delos, Inc. controls the rights to and remains the sole owner of, in perpetuity: all skin cells, bodily fluids, secretions, excretions, hair samples, saliva, sweat, blood, and any other bodily functions not listed here. Delos, Inc. reserves the right to use this property in any way, shape, or form in which the entity sees fit.

Hmmmm, the hosts are clones perhaps?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Geomon is on a distinguished road Geomon's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Self-Cannibalism? Geez...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, and here I thought my theory was going to be original.

William is Ed Harris thirty years prior. That's why Ed Harris has such a connection to Dolores and Laurence, because he had a connection to them as William. Ed Harris also has a connection to his signature clothing style. Who else wears all black in the "flashback timeline? His friend/brother-in-law.

Two more things: One, we never see the head of security/overwatch team watching the William/young cowboys timeline, only the future/Ed Harris timeline. And two, the younger versions work for a big corporation, where William is VP. Ed Harris was later thanked for his life saving work through his corporation.

Sign it, seal it, deliver it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What do we make of that conversation MIB and Robert had yesterday? Also, did anyone notice that Dr. Ford never once refers to Harris by name?

I'm not sold on the William is Harris 30 years prior theory. Something just doesn't add up there..

I think Dolores will be the one to reach the maze and will set off a chain of events that will shape the series going forward.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

MIB is the original financier of Ford's world perhaps?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    What do we make of that conversation MIB and Robert had yesterday? Also, did anyone notice that Dr. Ford never once refers to Harris by name?

I'm not sold on the William is Harris 30 years prior theory. Something just doesn't add up there..

I think Dolores will be the one to reach the maze and will set off a chain of events that will shape the series going forward.
    Shape it into what is my big question. I'm curious if the end of the maze will have a choice. A choice as an AI to not only become self-aware but also to become human. Or being human like, say MIB, and to become an AI. To immortalize ones self. Perhaps that was Arnold's plan? I thought that at first until Dolores mentioned to Hopkins as to what Arnold wanted her to do to the park. I have read that this series was thought and planned for a 5-6 year series if it got wings. I feel, for how amazingly well it is done, it will get there.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The little boy acts as if he's a help avatar, appearing when needed to assist.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The little boy acts as if he's a help avatar, appearing when needed to assist.
    Yeah, I get that impression as well. Wild theory here, MIB may be what, Arnold envisioned himself to be in the world. That's to your point, Allasorte. I think maybe the center of the maze leads to the corporate complex? Arnold may well have been making the hosts to literally host his conciousness?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Man, and here I thought my theory was going to be original.

William is Ed Harris thirty years prior. That's why Ed Harris has such a connection to Dolores and Laurence, because he had a connection to them as William. Ed Harris also has a connection to his signature clothing style. Who else wears all black in the "flashback timeline? His friend/brother-in-law.

Two more things: One, we never see the head of security/overwatch team watching the William/young cowboys timeline, only the future/Ed Harris timeline. And two, the younger versions work for a big corporation, where William is VP. Ed Harris was later thanked for his life saving work through his corporation.

Sign it, seal it, deliver it.
    I'm starting to think you hit the nail on the head there.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone else pointed out the significance of William choosing a white hat when he first arrives in West World. In this theory he would presumably don the black garb and hat after witnessing or committing something terribly fucked up.

Ok, this is how I think it will play out; Young William and Dolores will find the center of the maze together. A confrontation occurs and Ford is forced to use violence against both of them (perhaps he has a couple of androids strong arm them). Dolores is gravely 'wounded', shut down, has her memory wiped and Young William is forced to retreat. This would tie in with Ford's comments that he and Dolores "are not friends at all".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone else pointed out the significance of William choosing a white hat when he first arrives in West World. In this theory he would presumably don the black garb and hat after witnessing or committing something terribly fucked up.

Ok, this is how I think it will play out; Young William and Dolores will find the center of the maze together. A confrontation occurs and Ford is forced to use violence against both of them (perhaps he has a couple of androids strong arm them). Dolores is gravely 'wounded', shut down, has her memory wiped and Young William is forced to retreat. This would tie in with Ford's comments that he and Dolores "are not friends at all".
    I could see that. That would be pretty cool. What is the purpose of The Man in Black in present day then though? Is he trying to get back to the center of the maze?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could see that. That would be pretty cool. What is the purpose of The Man in Black in present day then though? Is he trying to get back to the center of the maze?
    This may very well become truth, but I'd like to point out something everyone seems to have missed. I don't think the hosts are truly "androids" at all. Something seriously strange is going on with them and may end up being the key to the entire mystery. They have "flesh"!!!! We have yet to see any interior mechanics of any kind except in the flash back scene. In fact, they appear to be surgically "repaired". Also there is the fly's and the MRSR (Medically resistant Staph). Even the opening cradits are misleading as there are no servo's and they appear to be constructed of some new plastic of some kind. Yet, they bleed and are replenished with blood.

I may be dead worng, but it seems to me there is a lot more to them (physically) than we think at this time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great point, Mr. Bill.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great episode. Thandie was fucking great.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody been wondering about the "downstairs"? I know we've seen it a few times, but I'm starting to wonder why it looks completely abandoned.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody been wondering about the "downstairs"? I know we've seen it a few times, but I'm starting to wonder why it looks completely abandoned.
    Yeah. However, other than the "smell" indicating dedaying tissue due to the fridge on the fritz we haven't had much else to go on. Does appear that the park is built much like "Disney World" with underground tunnel access.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Great episode. Thandie was fucking great.
    She's been amazing. Very vulnerable, stripped (literally) down performance, yet powerful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast