Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 388 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hi guys, value for a Dark Dreamers S/L?
    I just sold one on eBay last week. I ran it as an auction, not fixed price. Ended up at $350. This was the "full signature set" version with 2 pages of sigs. There were quite a few copies released with one of the sig pages missing, so those would likely sell for less.

And of course, there's Bruce's version.
    Spoiler:
    That includes the two missing signatures Anne Rice & Robert Bloch. There are 50 of the 350 plus 55 PC that only had 1 signature page.

so these are the signatures that are missing from those 105 copies

in 2010 another copy 35/350 with all 28 signatures sold on eBay for $309.00

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, many thanks Dave and Bruce. So there's copies with 1 sig page, 2 sig pages, and then some that later got Bloch and Rice? Wow... Any idea how many copies got the full set of sigs?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure Bruce's is one-of-a-kind. He's a master at stuff like that, especially with movie-related items and tie-ins.

For all intents and purposes, the "full set of sigs" is the 2-page version, as issued.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

If you read post #6801 I stated that there is a least one other in the world.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of selling my matched number PS anniversary set. Not sure how much these go for. Some of the books go for over issue price, some for less. I'm thinking cover price maybe?

I would email Camelot and transfer the number.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm thinking of selling my matched number PS anniversary set. Not sure how much these go for. Some of the books go for over issue price, some for less. I'm thinking cover price maybe?

I would email Camelot and transfer the number.
    Seems fair to me at cover for a matching set.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My matched set sold for well below issue price on eBay via auction, no reserve. But that's not always the best barometer.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Damn. I'll probably split the set then and hope for the best. Christine sold for $200 last night.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Damn. I'll probably split the set then and hope for the best. Christine sold for $200 last night.
    That's a decent sell I'd say.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1 of 100 S/L Cycle of The Werewolf Editions w/Wrightson Drawing......

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    The last one to sell at Betts had a matching Portfolio. It sold for $3950

"Cycle of the Werewolf S/L #85/100 WITH ORIGINAL WEREWOLF SKETCH by artist Bernie Wrightson AND MATCHING #85 ART PORTFOLIO signed/numbered by Stephen King and Bernie Wrightson - both book, DJ, slipcase and Art Portfolio are FINE; This matching set King/Wrightson collectible has NEVER been offered before at Betts since I've been Caretaker and is a very very rare collectible that NEVER comes up for sale!!!"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    The last one to sell at Betts had a matching Portfolio. It sold for $3950

"Cycle of the Werewolf S/L #85/100 WITH ORIGINAL WEREWOLF SKETCH by artist Bernie Wrightson AND MATCHING #85 ART PORTFOLIO signed/numbered by Stephen King and Bernie Wrightson - both book, DJ, slipcase and Art Portfolio are FINE; This matching set King/Wrightson collectible has NEVER been offered before at Betts since I've been Caretaker and is a very very rare collectible that NEVER comes up for sale!!!"
    Yep I bought it with the Wrightson I would say is going up with him fully retired and unable to draw anymore.... I dare say $1750-2k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Current market value for a 1/1 of The Gunslinger?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Fine/Fine (less than 9% of all books and DJ's fall into this category); True 1st edition 1st printing-$900+

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Fine/Fine (less than 9% of all books and DJ's fall into this category); True 1st edition 1st printing-$900+
    That seems a bit high, but then again it all depends on the condition in the end.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That seems a bit high, but then again it all depends on the condition in the end.
    Your'e the expert...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Hi Bill.
    If it comes under the category of fine/fine, which I class as the best you can achieve. (Disregarding mint, very mint, new+). Then I would consider $900 - $1,200 a very acceptable price.
    I would concur with Jerome the percentage of books with dust jackets that fall into this category, possibly even a little lower. We tend to see too many fine listings and not enough acceptable or poor.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's much appreciated.

Country
    Country Flag

I think a Gunlinger 1st VG, NF, or F.. hell all of them will go up in value with the release of the movie. Just a little if the movie is bad as it will still create a "buzz" BUT if the movie is a bonafide hit, I believe that there will be a larger increase in value due to demand.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think a Gunlinger 1st VG, NF, or F.. hell all of them will go up in value with the release of the movie. Just a little if the movie is bad as it will still create a "buzz" BUT if the movie is a bonafide hit, I believe that there will be a larger increase in value due to demand.
    IDK I think it will generate hype for people to go get the books but I think most people will spend the $20 to get the first 4 books as paperbacks in the slipcase. I don't see many people unless they are book collectors already jumping out and spending $800+ on a book because they liked a movie.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    IDK I think it will generate hype for people to go get the books but I think most people will spend the $20 to get the first 4 books as paperbacks in the slipcase. I don't see many people unless they are book collectors already jumping out and spending $800+ on a book because they liked a movie.
    I agree. Sure, there have been books I've read because I liked the movie, and wanted to read greater detail. But in those cases, I've either gotten the paperback, or found the hardcover at HPB. If I'm not a collector of a particular author, I wouldn't even consider spending hundreds of dollars on a first edition.

Country
    Country Flag

But it did for many other books. And some have deep pockets and just to have a 1st edition of a big movie would be cool. There isn't a truck load of them out there so I think you will be surprised. And guys, lets be honest... either way sellers are going to ask more because the movie is coming out or out. During my IT search for the proofs a member here wanted a large premium cause the movies were coming out... and proofs? They have to have a lot LESS appeal that the 1st of a book. I was also told that by a seller of books as well during some conversations. SO, the market (people selling them) has already risen for one of the movies. The one I am looking for currently anyways..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think once the movie flops (which I am pretty sure it will but I may be surprised) the values won't have risen much. You only see this serious increase in value when the books are reasonably priced (the Martian, game of thrones, hunger games, etc.)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Book collectors know who Stephen King is.

So the question seems to be will the movie motivate people to become book collectors.

I'd welcome that, but it hardly seems likely to be such a groundswell that it affects the markets much.

Sellers often raise their asking prices prior to a movie release. They are often optimistically misguided. Time will tell.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 388 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast