Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 388 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"No way anyone has these specific ones other than me as they for sure came from the production manager of the press"

But didn't we notice that apparently the publishing house has been using different printing locations? At least for some 'recent' books, dont remember which, but I remember some collectors here trying to locate various printing locations!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Eyes of the Dragon had various printing locations. Though with that said, who knows how the process was done, maybe the page were made in one place but the boards in another.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, today it may different depending on publisher (I'm in the printing industry so that's why I decided to see if any were still out there).

"Back in the day" books would typically go to only one printing agency. Or "print for pay" setup as the presses (until recent digital ones) required a special "plate" to made out of copper (and later Magnesium). It wasn't cost effective to split up jobs b/c of costs in setting up the print runs, so other than different publishers using different printers (Penquin/Scribner/the "john's" one for gunslinger if memory serves) each 1st/1st book would done at one press. I tried so hard to track down the Gunslinger early ones a year or so ago, but to no avail. I spoke with a number of staffers from years ago who took the time to contact me back just to let me know that their internal policy was to destroy them even if the author/publisher didn't have a policy.

The runs now are in the millions for books so no guarantee a particular plate would have touched a particular book as even copper wears down. That was the explanation on why only 1 plate existed for Needful Things but I have 2 plates for Dolores Claiborne. By the Dolores Claiborne time, the print runs were longer so they would make two plates to minimize differences between book 1 and book million. I learned a lot even already being in the printing industries with my research.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr Mercedes 1/1 signed and Finders Keepers 1/1 signed

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    MR M... $750... Finders... $350
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    MR M... $750... Finders... $350
    Thanks Kris

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What would this be worth... a signed first edition TGWLTG with a small stain on the top pageblock?
    M

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$140. Maybe less. You might be able to use sandpaper to clean the page block edges up.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $140. Maybe less. You might be able to use sandpaper to clean the page block edges up.
    Agree. I think a Fine copy is in the 175-200 range. I have had some luck using sandpaper as well

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Agree. I think a Fine copy is in the 175-200 range. I have had some luck using sandpaper as well
    Thanks guys. Seller was asking $225. I'll pass.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the current value of the Insomnia S/L?

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

From what Ive seen 350-375. I have seen some a little lower but generally in that range

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

From what Ive seen 350-375. I have seen some a little lower but generally in that range
    Great. Thank you!

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the value of a mint It gift (CD)?
    P2

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    $400-$450
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you.
    P2

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    $400-$450
    Really, for an unsigned GIFT edition??
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Too much?
    P2

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you think is a good price for a Lettered From A Buick 8 ? 2000 $ ?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Too much?
    I'd say $325-$375 today....that's still 3x issue price for an unsigned book...kinda crazy but yes.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Too much?
    Dunno, but the book was what : $95 at the release?
    I should have done like several people here, and bought several copies as a long-term investment !

Country
    Country Flag

If I could travel back in time...
    P2

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Too much?
    I should have done like several people here, and bought several copies as a long-term investment !
    I don't think anyone really saw the future pricing of this edition. It failed to sell out on initial release and then when it was offered as part of CD's 50% off sale, a lot of people snapped up additional copies.The constantly upward rising price of the IT S/L has pulled the price of this one along with it. it regularly goes on sale around the $400 mark on eBay.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Too much?
    $125 actually
    P2

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Too much?
    I don't think anyone really saw the future pricing of this edition. It failed to sell out on initial release and then when it was offered as part of CD's 50% off sale, a lot of people snapped up additional copies.The constantly upward rising price of the IT S/L has pulled the price of this one along with it. it regularly goes on sale around the $400 mark on eBay.
    It sure does. I follow a lot of them on Ebay (auctions) and they are always over $400. Mine was $450 when I bought it. ALL THINGS IT.... remember that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 388 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast